Taking care of your half wigs!

MaryJane3000

Hi ladies,

So I'm a recent convert to the half-wig "hide your hair" method and so far I am loving it! I do have one question though...I'm currently in love with my wig Tammy but I'm finding that she's starting to get more tangled as times goes on. She's a synthetic wig and I want to help her last as long as possible. I've heard that its best that if you wear a synthetic wig daily to buy two and switch b/w them every day to make them last longer. I've also heard fabric softner is a good way to soften it up.

So how do you make your wig snap back?

How do you store it when you take it off?

How do you keep/make it soft?

If you decide to cut it, is there a certain way you cut the hair?

What do you do once it's become too ratty?

Any blending tricks?

Soooo, tell me what you half wig gurus out there think!

Also..the half wig thread is waaayyyyy too long for me to sort through all those pages and i think it'll be too long for anyone else that's just hopping on the bandwagon as well. So dont tell me to do a search!!!! lol

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hi ladies,

So I'm a recent convert to the half-wig "hide your hair" method and so far I am loving it! I do have one question though...I'm currently in love with my wig Tammy but I'm finding that she's starting to get more tangled as times goes on. She's a synthetic wig and I want to help her last as long as possible. I've heard that its best that if you wear a synthetic wig daily to buy two and switch b/w them every day to make them last longer. I've also heard fabric softner is a good way to soften it up.

So how do you make your wig snap back?
I SPRAY IT WITH A LITTLE WATER AND PEPPERMINT DROPS (5-10 drops) to about 2 oz of water

How do you store it when you take it off?
I HANG MINE ON A HANGER WITH CLIPS

How do you keep/make it soft?
I WASH MINE ONCE A WEEK AND USE NO PRODUCT. AFTER TWO WEEKS I TRASH IT.

If you decide to cut it, is there a certain way you cut the hair?
I USE THINNING SHEARS

What do you do once it's become too ratty?
I TOSS IT

Any blending tricks?
I TWO STRAND TWIST LEAVE OUT TO MATCH THE HAIR

Soooo, tell me what you half wig gurus out there think!

Also..the half wig thread is waaayyyyy too long for me to sort through all those pages and i think it'll be too long for anyone else that's just hopping on the bandwagon as well. So dont tell me to do a search!!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!