Surge without Braids?

shellzfoshizzle

Hello everyone. I bought Surge about a week and a half ago I haven't been using it twice a day/everyday and washing my hair every day or so like the bottle says. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Mainly because I have a relaxer and I go and get my hair washed/and set into a doobie. I really want to use the Surge spray Revitalizer, but I don't want it to wet/drench my hair and mess up my style. Does anyone on here use Surge and DOES NOT have braids/twists or wear their hair in a bun? What about those who wear their hair in a doobie/curl/etc. I noticed that when I spray my scalp with it, it saturates my hair, makes it flat and somewhat dull. The Woojee cream is too watery and light for my DRY hair so anytime I Surge, I grease or trinkle drops of oil (WGO, Jojoba, Design Essentials Botanical Oils, Straight Request Lite Drops) on my hair and scalp. I need help because I see a lot of people are "Surging" and are getting positive results. I just want to Surge and keep my style. Sorry if this is long, but any suggestions?

Lorraine

Hi Shellz,
I use Surge on my straight, relaxed hair but I will admit it's easier to use when I wash my hair daily. I use it *very lightly* on my roots and immediately wrap my hair so that my roots don't frizz. I never use it on the rest of my hair or the ends.

For more info, try doing a search on Surge. So many ladies use it and have made so many suggestions (especially those on the 'Surge Challenge') you will be reading for days. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lorraine

Don't say that. The replies sometimes come slower and slower. Also, Surge is such a popular product on the board it's been discussed time and time again. I tried doing a search for you but it looks as if the results only go back one month. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gifHopefully, more Surge users will come forward. Try this thread in the meantime.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...true#Post689695

Wolftrap

I think most people that use surge often do not wear their hair straight. I can't do it because my hair does not look good when its straight and then the roots are wet. So I think this may be why people are not responding because most don't use it when they wear their hair down straight.

belleza

I have no clue, I just bought Surge. I am going to add apricot oil to it because it has mineral oil. I'll probably wash my hair more often as well. Some have said that they get flaking from dry scalp.

Shawnee66

I use Surge but I mix mine in a bottle with the woojee cream, Lotion motion and peppermint EO. When I use it at night I part my hair and spray it lightly on the scalp or roots if I have new growth then I wrap my hair as usual. In the morning I spray it on the nape because that is where my hair needs it the most and then I brush it and take a shower by the time I'm ready to walk out the door the nape is dry.

shellzfoshizzle

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just continue to use my Surge and Jojoba oil mixture on the front of my hair (where it is breaking off) and see how that goes. THANKS.