Surge Challengers Update week 2

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well Ladies, we are on week 2 of our Surge Challenge. My new growth is coming in so soft I can't tell the difference between that and the relaxed hair. My hair is only relaxed about 85% so I guess you could say texturized. I am pretty much able to slick my hair back with minimul shrinkage. It may be a combo of the Surge and the MSM I am taking.

How is everyone else doing?

We have 2 more weeks to go!

debyjay

My new growth is also coming in real soft and it looks to be a good amount. I'm only spraying it on my scalp and sealing with S-curl. I may try the woojee (sp)? cream if I find it. Although, the S-curl is working real good. I'll keep you guys posted.

WaterMoccasin

I'm natural so I don't know about that new growth stuff- it seems the same hair to me.
However, my scalp has been feeling a bit sore fpr the past couple of days, and I (kind of) straightened my hair yesterday, and even though I didn't even straigten it properly, the longest parts are now only 1 or 1 and a half inches from the top of my bra-strap. Definitely a change from what's in my signature (which reflects measurements from a month ago).
Surge? Vitamins kicking in? I was about to say "regular growth?" but my hair only grows like 0.5 inches a month or so...
hmmm...

ccd

i'm happy with what I see happenin' in the back of my neck......the hair seems to be grow but just to make sure I've taken a picture today and I'll see how it goes at the end of the month.....

the reason I noticed it is because about two month ago my hairdresser could wrap the hair around a small yellow roller (3/4 of an inch) one time...now I have more hair to wrap and it goes around almost two times on a green roller (1 inch)

it is two months ago but there is a definite change

CORBINS

Surge is great. My new growth is harder to detect. I'm not measuring my hair right now because it discourages me. I will take pictures though. I trimmed 1/4 inch Saturday when I relaxed. I've also started taking MSM. We will see in a couple of weeks!

Crystal

According to ol girl who said she got 4 inches in a month, you guys should have around 2 inches by now. Anybody get two inches? Anybody? If so let us know.. inquiring minds want to know.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
NOT! I never went into this challenge thinking I could get 4 inches.
I just wanted to see if I could increase my growth just a little more!

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
NOT! I never went into this challenge thinking I could get 4 inches.
I just wanted to see if I could increase my growth just a little more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I never believed 4 inches was possible- especially since there was no further proof or defense.

But, it looks as though I've gained 1-1 1/2 inches this past month (although I started Surge 2 weeks ago). So check me in 2 more surge weeks- let's see how much more I'll get
(yeah right).
Actually I'm getting braids in 2 weeks...

Anyway, I'll let yall know if anything phenomenal happens *snicker*

Hey, i guess I should change my signature now...nah, I'll wait for 2 more weeks...

starz

I had to bail out of the surge challenge. When I started I was 8 weeks post relaxer. I noticed that if I used LUST & Frizz Ease Relax Serum(which made my new growth smooth), the next day if I used Surge, my new growth would toughen up again. I guess it's due to the water in Surge. So I'll start again after my touch up.
Also I like to just spray it on my scalp and massage. I think that is too much stimulation before a touch up.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
starz said:
I had to bail out of the surge challenge. When I started I was 8 weeks post relaxer. I noticed that if I used LUST & Frizz Ease Relax Serum(which made my new growth smooth), the next day if I used Surge, my new growth would toughen up again. I guess it's due to the water in Surge. So I'll start again after my touch up.
Also I like to just spray it on my scalp and massage. I think that is too much stimulation before a touch up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do what you have to do girl!

ChasingBliss

Yup! It's all good over here
. Hope it lasts. My new growth is quite visible especially since I accidently relaxed bone straight in August. The nice part about it is that its pretty, wavy and shiney and the demarcation line is STRONG
. And once you have strength, you have retainable length...and that's all that matters to me. I never used to feel this way before but I LOVE MY HAIR

I started on Nov. 11. Two days after my touch up. I part my hair into about ten to twelve sections and spray the scalp. I seal with UBH lotion and jojoba oil.

It does revert the hair, but my roots dry very softly. And my hair is quite a bit stronger too. I wetset my hair this weekend and used a fine tooth comb. I lost about three strands and thats only because my hand slipped those three times. The protein in this product is definately making my hair stronger without the hardness I normally get with protein.

perfect peace

Dyzne

I don't know if its too early to tell but do you think you will still use Surge after this challenge? This questions is for all that is using Surge. thanks for taking the time.
Oh yeah before I forget for myself, I cannot really tell like DSD said i have soft wave coming through but for me I am not sure what to say or think especially since I am using the S-curl no drip to keep the hair moist. how do I measure? from the scalp and only the new growth or the entire length of a strand of hair?

LABETT

My new growth is coming in faster I cant if it's from SURGE
MSM or increased protein in my diet.
My hair is definitely stronger and I noticed less shedding.

LondonDiva

From the sound of it, the protein in the Surge seems to be the key to the growth, strength and the hardness that can sometimes occur from it. As our hair is made up of mostly protein it makes sense that a lot of you ladies' hair is thriving from it.

Good Luck Ladies.

shelli4018

My new growth is more noticeable now. I have to work harder to slick my hair into a bun. I've been concentrating the Surge on my edges and I see an obvious difference. I just have to make sure my hair remains soft. That hardness is the only downfall I've experienced.

hotshot

my hair is stronger, my hairline is thicker and lower (and ive never had hair line problems) and breakage is less. i use it twice a day on the scalp and a few times a week on the hair. anyway, i like it, i feel like it fits into whats shaping up to be a solid hair regimen! growth is hard to tell when natural, but my hair looks and feels great.

Zgirl

I started using this on saturday
My main reason was that since I got a relaxer my hair was breaking and shedding like crazy. I noticed more new growth and find that my hair is much stronger, I am still shedding, but my hair is thicker and stronger, I am going to try using the garlic shampoo and see if that controls the shedding, but I really like surge, my hair is maintaining strenght and I like that a lot. I think I will definately keep using this after the challenge is up.

debyjay

All those who are experiencing hardness should simply moisturize more. I spray my scalp with Surge and immediatley spray S-curl to seal and I swear it looks like I have 3c/4a when I most definitely had 4a/b.

aqualung

My temples were thinned by years of heavy braided extensions. I put the Surge in a color applicator bottle with a pointy tip, and I apply it in the morning to my scalp overall, but to the temples especially. I just style my hair up in a damp vaseline bun anyway, so it's not a big deal that the scalp is really wet with Surge.

The Surge is working. The scrawny "baby hair" at the temple area is getting longer and thicker. I won't be able to see my scalp through the hair so easily soon.

When the Surge gets on the relaxed hair, it hardens the hair due to the protein content. I'm mixing Sta-Sof-Fro with the Surge in the applicator bottle to soften the new growth and counteract the hardening effects of Surge.

Moisture on new growth is a good policy anyway, as it helps to match the relaxed and natural textures. (Without the motivation these two products provide, I'd be ignoring my new growth entirely between CO washes.) Maybe the Surge + Sta-Sof-Fro mix will help me space out relaxers?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
My temples were thinned by years of heavy braided extensions. I put the Surge in a color applicator bottle with a pointy tip, and I apply it in the morning to my scalp overall, but to the temples especially. I just style my hair up in a damp vaseline bun anyway, so it's not a big deal that the scalp is really wet with Surge.

The Surge is working. The scrawny "baby hair" at the temple area is getting longer and thicker. I won't be able to see my scalp through the hair so easily soon. I'm gonna mix Sta-Sof-Fro with the Surge in the applicator bottle to soften the new growth.

Note: Moisture on new growth is a good policy anyway, as it helps to match the relaxed and natural textures. Maybe the Surge + Sta-Sof-Fro mix will help me space out relaxers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Megon, I did the same thing with my Surge bottle. I think using the applicator tip works better because I don't have to part and manipulate my hair.

DDHair

I will continue to use after the challenge as I did before. I will have had my braids for a month on the 21st, when I got them, they were so tight you could all of my scalp. Now today on the 18th, you can see nothing but braids that need to be redone. I measured finally last night and it seems as though I have 3/4 to 1 inch of new growth. I don't think I will be able to keep my braids until January, they looked done now. I usually spray twice a day and put oil on scalp then jump in a steamy shower or got o bed (well before the challenge and braids), but now I spray once (maybe twice especially when braids were really tight, to relieve itching), and I spray Gueye (Renu Herbs) Antiseptic Braid Spray, then the oil and jump in a steamy shower or bath. My new growth is soft and partially straight (for natural hair) that it is hard to tell if it is new growth, but I measure where my braids seem to hang from the scalp and some of them are literally hanging. If I could keep my braids until January, I think I would have 3-4 inches of new growth total.

licutiexx

I like the results I'm getting from surge. My hair is definitely stronger and I'm seeing alot of waves in my hair (yes!) so I'm really excited but don't know how much new growth I have.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
licutiexx said:
I like the results I'm getting from surge. My hair is definitely stronger and I'm seeing alot of waves in my hair (yes!) so I'm really excited but don't know how much new growth I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am unsure too because my newgrowth is so much softer than normal. It is getting increasingly hard to slick back though. That's a good sign. I should have measured first!

lunalight7

Am I too late to join the challenge? I just got Surge today...I was dancing in the store because I was so happy to find it....The Korean brother just looked at me like I was crazy...

LABETT

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Am I too late to join the challenge? I just got Surge today...I was dancing in the store because I was so happy to find it....The Korean brother just looked at me like I was crazy...

[/ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean that's how I felt when I found it.