Surge and Protein....

Leslie_C

Hey ladies, I jumped on the surge bandwagon and off again pretty quickly bc I was afraid of daily protein since I was treating my hair with protein for breakage issues.

I agree that surge is effective but I want to use it in the best way bc ending up having to cut my hair defeats the purpose of a lot of fast new growth.

How do u guys work this into your monthly or biweekly protein conditioners? Do u lay off the surge or continue as normal. how do u combat the dryness surge can cause bc of the protein? I have backed away from it bc Ive already had dryness issues as is...please help me work this back in. I have laid off the excess protein(I did 2 heavy protein treatments 2 weeks apart-Nexxus Emergencee)....and will try to alternate a heavy and a light protein every few weeks.

Also, how do u apply it? I try not to comb through my hair often so I just separate sections of hair and try to spray to where I feel it go on the scalp in a few general areas, then I kind of massage in to distribute....is there a better way?

TigerLily

I apply Surge 2x a day. I part my hair and spray directly on my scalp. I massage before and after I put it on. Try putting a lite oil on your hair after you spray the Surge on. I do that sometimes and have not experienced any breakage. I do a light protein treatment every month. Like ORS mayo. I wouldn't use Surge and Aphogee, though. Stick to the lite proteins.
HTH!

So would this be okay:
Surge 2x a day
Aphogee evey 6 weeks but no Surge that day
AO GPB every 2 weeks followed by deep moisture conditioner with Surge that day

CutiePie0Five

i part my hair with my fingers and then spray surge, and massage it in afterwards. It does dry out my hair a bit, but whenever I need moisture I just put in my WGO in my scalp and my Avocado Butter on my ends.

I use Henna n' Placenta as a deep conditioner, and it's light enough that I don't think it'll affect my hair.

Have any of you tried any of the other surge products such as Lotion Motion?

TigerLily

That sounds okay, being as that you are experiencing breakage. When the breakage stops, try a lighter protein treatment like hair, nutress or henna n' placenta.