Supergirl is so right! (kinda long!)

inthepink

Supergirl is so right about scissor-happy stylists! I am regretting how I got a trim two weeks ago and didn't pay attention to how much was being trimmed.
Especially since I've had about 3 inches trimmed off since May AND did not have any split ends that I could see. I was ok with getting about 1/4" trimmed but no more than that. Comparing old hair pictures to ones I have now and just because I *know*, I am realizing that I have been a victim of a scissor happy stylist!

And furthermore, I am not exactly pleased with the trim. He didn't trim "underneath" like I wanted him to. Now, since I'm wearing my hair up most of the time, I am not planning on trimming again until next year. Though, I will evaluate my hair in December. I will not be going back to this stylist though! I will go back to the girl who trimmed my hair a few months ago - she asked me to "show" her how much I wanted trimmed instead of giving her numbers. And I know she didn't trim anymore than that. Additionally, my hair turned out better with her - could be because she has experience with natural hair.

Aggh. I just wanted to vent. Sucks to lose your hair when you didn't need to. I'm also considering learning to trim myself b/c I do want my hair to thicken up but that's another story...

soulchild

Sorry this happened to you hairlove
. It's only a minor setback though just make sure you don't go to that stylists again! And yeah, if you learned to do it yourself then you wouldn't have to worry about those SHS!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Dang IT! You know I hate to hear this. Some of them think that just because you've got long hair, then you've got hair to spare. I don't think so

I think I'll start a black list now of all the SHS's!!!!!!!!!!! Just to help us get it off our chests and get some kind of retribution

Allandra

Please stay away from those scissor happy stylists! Gosh, that makes me
Do you have a family member that can trim your hair in the future?

Allandra

Hairlove,

I think it would be a great idea to learn how to trim your own hair. I trim my own from time-to-time. It works out for me.

lala

Honey, I feel your pain. My hair was cut on 8/13. Your "hair sisters" on this forum can understand how that really feels. Everytime I expressed my displeasure with my haircut, I got the same response from everyone - "it's still long/it'll grow back".

My ends were not split either. I was told that my hair was tangling. Imagine that.

Spagirl

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope things will work out for you the next time your hair is trimmed.

Honi

There is no board.
Want me to go and
? Don't you hate that? I would tell him off to let him know I wasn't pleased and that he will never see my money again dammit. Sheesh. Folks need to clean the sugababies out of their ears and listen.

HotCoCoGurl130

I understand your pain. I have had many a hairdresser that thinks they know what they are doing when the trim( I mean cut your hair). I can not stand those who do!!!

ngaa

these ppl are gettin carried away with it arent they?? i gess its because the hair's easier 4 them to do wen its shorter, coz i aint never heard of hair bein cut coz it was tanglin!! let me deal with my own hair if its tanglin stupid hairdresser