Lightening hair w/o bleach

sassyhair

I want to lighten my hair to a lighter shade of brown maybe like 2 shades lighter than my hair. I want a rich noticeable brown. Should I use a developer and then color or will a developer work alone. Or could I just use a blonde color to lighten?

I just dont wanna bleach no more.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I've used Sun In......and that has worked for me. It lightened my hair gradually. I had no harsh results.

HTH
;o)

baglady215

To go lighter, I think you need a developer and color. Just color alone will not lift your natural color, so you won't go any lighter.

itismehmmkay

Puddles said:
Click Here to check out Sun In.
It's the hydrogen peroxide and benzoic acid making it lighter. I know b/c if I used to accidently get my Neutragena-on-the-Spot (benzoyl peroxide) on my hairline and it would make it lighter. I might just try this myself.

IrisDaVirus

Puddles said:
I've used Sun In......and that has worked for me. It lightened my hair gradually. I had no harsh results.

HTH
;o)
I used Sun In back in high school and it turned my hair an amazing auburn color. It didn't cause any damage either.

sassyhair

How long do the effects of this last? Do you all think it is better than developer? I might try to lighten my hair with the sun-in and then color it.

Angelicus

Uncolor by Clariol took all my black rinse out. Then I used a ton of concentrated lemon juice and threw it in my hair. That got it light enough for a purple rinse to show.

LizLeila

This is interesting. Maybe they changed the Sun In formula because I used to hear that it was damaging (alcohol, I think). I might check it out for the summer.