SULFUR8- MY FIRST POST-

divine

Are you suppose to grease your scalp everyday with sulfur8 ?
and has anybody every had kinky braids ?
im trying to grow my relaxer out and im tired of pressing my hair ever week. I don't want to cut my hair off again, but if I have to oh well, hair grows back in a year.
lost child

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
welcome to the forum

I use sulfur 8 on my nape area once in a while. It says to use it 1-4 times daily...but I would use it once a day...every other day....or once a week sometimes. The smell is just too strong for me to do it 1-4 times a day. I'm sure you could get good results with it no matter how many times you use it. I haven't used it in a while...but when I did...that part of my hair came in nicely.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
"Ma'am, place the hot comb on the table and step away."
Welcome Divine
I'm sure help is on the way. There have been several sulfur 8 posts, plus the "stinky challenge" (I'll bump it for you) that may have some answers. But yes do put the pressing comb/flat iron down for awhile.

divine

Thank you and that stinky thread had me very confused.
I did order castor oil though...
the stinky stuff.......
putting my hot comb down...

divine

My dad uses the orginial and they all smell like mint to be...
maybe im just weird.....
I do like to sniff burning wood and matches...

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I USE A LITTLE AFTER I WASH ON MY SCALP EVERY 3 DAYS BECAUSE THE SMELL IS SO STRONG

KeraQueen

Onward & Upwards
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:

Sulfur8 has a lite formula, i just bought mine today. I also smelled the original and almost gagged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to warn you,... i used to use the original sulphur 8 (don't mind the smell!), but switched to the lite version because the other one was just too heavy...... it brought my face out in the WORST rash i have ever had in my life!!!

Just thought you should know!!

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
divine said:
Thank you and that stinky thread had me very confused.
I did order castor oil though...
the stinky stuff.......
putting my hot comb down...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello everyone
what was confusing about it, I think it could be that everyone is useing several different products, the name products is Frenchees, the others are Sulfur 8 and/or Glovers, 3 different products, other things that ppl are using because they can find some of those products or dont want to use them are BB Pine Tar and other pine tars, or things that have sulfur in them, or that they have had good results with, am using S8 for the very 1st time, I just got my 1st bottle of it, and I apply it every day, am going to try to move up to 2x a day them maybe 4 I will have to see how my hair takes that, but I do have some growth after less then 2 weeks, just small napes in the front of my hair, that my make hairline look like I been cuting away
, but is small growth and steps, I make mine strenght by add castor oil, its give extra shiny I enjoy using it, and love the fresh breeze that my hair gets hth

KinksnCurlz

OT - Happylocks of LOVE ur signature

I used mine this morning... no tingling feeling tho. I'm going 2 use it again 2nite. I've opted for twice a day. I'll let u guys know how it turns out in about 6 weeks

happylocks

Thanks Caramel, at 1st mine did not tingle, but after using it, it did, I put a cap on and then tie on a scarf and it gets pretty warm and tingling for while when I take the cap off, the air just feels so nice, and breezy, I dont think I have had that since adding castor oil, but I will pay more attention, Am going for 2x a day as well, best of luck KIT

L

LaNecia

[ QUOTE ]
divine said:
My dad uses the orginial and they all smell like mint to be...
maybe im just weird.....
I do like to sniff burning wood and matches...

[/ QUOTE ]

It smells like mint to me too but my boyfriend turned up his nose at it, said it stinks. But he doesn't mind the scent of Frenchee, I think THAT stinks!

Any who, I bought some today, so I'll start using that on my scalp after my Surge application, probably not daily though unless I'm going to wash more than once a week. I stopped doing the CO washes and my hair is very upset w/me.