Sulfur products (Bee mine) and Relaxers

JDandBeyond

Hey Ladies:

I have been using bee mine (the one with sulfur) daily and I am getting a relaxer on Saturday. Do I need to stop bee mine application prior to relaxing (say a day or two before)? Or maybe co-wash tonight and no more bee mine until after relaxer? Additionally, do I have to wait a certain amount of time AFTER the relaxer before starting up with the bee mine again?

Thanks!

Keen

Personally I don't too much products on my hair before relaxing. I use a sulfur mix and wash it out before I relax. So I would suggest you go for the co-wash (granted I dont know how concentrated your bee mine sulfure product is. But my is potent since I mix it myself.

Qualitee

Yes I think you should wash the BeeMine out days before the relaxer. We dont know what will happen it the sulfur and relaxer cream mix. It might cause a bad reaction.

JDandBeyond

Yes I think you should wash the BeeMine out days before the relaxer. We dont know what will happen it the sulfur and relaxer cream mix. It might cause a bad reaction.

Yeah, my instinct tells me to just do that, because better safe than sorry, just wanted to know if anyone had any experience or knew anything else.

Any ideas about post relaxer? I also ordered mega tek which I should receive in a few days. I'll probably wait until after my first post relaxer wash to apply them both unless I hear encouragement otherwise :grin:

SmartyPants

Take it from someone with experience...

sulfur mix + relaxer = :burning: + a nickel-sized patch of hair gone!!!:wallbash:

Wash that stuff out at least a week before you relax!