Sulfur Mix/Oil Mix 2015 Challenge

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I'm trying to figure out a way to wear my hair to do a good, thorough scalp massage 3x weekly with sulfur oil. For a long time I wore my hair in celies under my wigs and applied the oil in between and in the plaits. But for this year I want full scalp access.

I was thinking about blowing out my hair each wash day and wearing variations of buns that I can take down every other day and get down and dirty in my scalp! :lol: Any other ideas yall can think of?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm trying to figure out a way to wear my hair to do a good, thorough scalp massage 3x weekly with sulfur oil. For a long time I wore my hair in celies under my wigs and applied the oil in between and in the plaits. But for this year I want full scalp access.

I was thinking about blowing out my hair each wash day and wearing variations of buns that I can take down every other day and get down and dirty in my scalp! :lol: Any other ideas yall can think of?

Are you blow drying on cool? Hope so but sounds good. Do you think you will get lazy and not want to blow dry at times? If so have a backup plan lol.

HappyAtLast

Are you blow drying on cool? Hope so but sounds good. Do you think you will get lazy and not want to blow dry at times? If so have a backup plan lol.

I'll possibly be drying on medium every 2 weeks. Msybe I could use 4 celies under my wigs so I could easily take them down every 2 days to oil. (Versus using 8+ celies like in the past.)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

I do fine with twists that I only take out on wash day. The roots only bottle from Sally's helps access the scalp better. It feels good too.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

HappyAtLast

Post a starting pic pics taken Dec 8
Tell us your starting length APL
Tell us your goal length BSL-MBL
State if you're natural or relaxed or anything in between natural
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gainas always for me, low manipulation, protective styles

Sulphur oil has always worked for me. Its the reason I had no qualms about cutting off 7" of relaxed hair to end my transition.
I added my starting pics to post #6.

Attachments

• 20141208_103455~2~2.jpg
    20141208_103455~2~2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Pennefeather

Any challengers should :
Post a starting pic
Tell us your starting length Shoulder length
Tell us your goal length Mid back
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between Texlaxed
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain
1. Continue to bun regularly
2. Regular use of my improved almond scented Green Magic
3. Continue ayurvedic oils
Picture
to come.

Leo24Rule

SUBBING!!

I want to join!

*Post a starting pic: I'll post this weekend before I wash since my hair is in a protective style.
*Tell us your starting length: BSL (Curly) MBL (Straight--almost WL)
*Tell us your goal length: MBL (Curly) and TL (Straight--which I've been before)
*State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural and ALWAYS have
*Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain:
Take my multi-vitamin (which I need to buy), take a hair skin and nails vitamin, keep my hair moisturized, tea rinses, tea spritz, use ayurvedic powders, protect my ends by wrapping them (in silk ties, saran wrap, and sleeping on satin pillowcases), drink lots of water, eat right, do the inversion method with scalp massages, and exercise.

I'm particularly interested in this thread because I want to include daily scalp massages into my routine. When I was shopping online for a good oil I didn't come across one that I really liked. I'm thinking about making my own with Ayurvedic powders: Amla, Bhrami, and Bhrinjrag in a carrier oil such as olive oil. AND I was thinking of adding biotin and sulfur to it. Do you any of you make your own oils and done anything similar to this? :look:

Pennefeather

SUBBING

I'm particularly interested in this thread because I want to include daily scalp massages into my routine. When I was shopping online for a good oil I didn't come across one that I really liked. I'm thinking about making my own with Ayurvedic powders: Amla, Bhrami, and Bhrinjrag in a carrier oil such as olive oil. AND I was thinking of adding biotin and sulfur to it. Do you any of you make your own oils and done anything similar to this? :look:

Leo24Rule,

Annabelle Perfect blends make several different oils. I love the ayuvedic oil. The green powerhouse oil has had good reviews too.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
SUBBING!!

I want to join!

*Post a starting pic: I'll post this weekend before I wash since my hair is in a protective style.
*Tell us your starting length: BSL (Curly) MBL (Straight--almost WL)
*Tell us your goal length: MBL (Curly) and TL (Straight--which I've been before)
*State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: Natural and ALWAYS have
*Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain:
Take my multi-vitamin (which I need to buy), take a hair skin and nails vitamin, keep my hair moisturized, tea rinses, tea spritz, use ayurvedic powders, protect my ends by wrapping them (in silk ties, saran wrap, and sleeping on satin pillowcases), drink lots of water, eat right, do the inversion method with scalp massages, and exercise.

KeraVada used to have amazing ayurvedic oils but I haven't bought from them in a while so not sure how it is now.

spacetygrss

Any challengers should :
Post a starting pic: I'm going to skip this part (I don't post pics)
Tell us your starting length: APL
Tell us your goal length: MBL by the end of 2015
State if your natural or relaxed or anything in between: natural
Tell us what you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: Nightly scalp massages with Njoy oil, seal my ends with castor oil and/or whipped pudding. Protective styles such as twists/braids and buns.

Leo24Rule

From what a couple of challengers in this group mentioned about homemade sulfur oils; looks like buying either Annabelle's Perfect Blend or NJoy's Oil are the best bet. Doing my research now. I needed a good scalp massage yesterday. What are ya'll massaging your scalp with? I was thinking about buying one of those wiry scalp massagers from off Amazon.

Leo24Rule

$24.99 for NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil?? Geez Louise! For those that oil daily with this oil how strong is the sent? I ask because I only wash my hair 1x a week during fall/winter seasons. Also someone mentioned in here earlier this month that NJoy had a sale. If the current price is $24.99 what was the sale price? (Ingredients: Olive Oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, eclipta alba, flowers of sulfur, capsicum, rosemary, sage, ginger, peppermint, tea tree oil, biotin and essential oil blend.) For those of you using this oil is it really working for you, if so how so?

Annabelle's Perfect Blend...I'm torn between the:
*Hurry Up & Grow Oil $16.99
(Ingredients: Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Nettle Leaf, Saw Palmetto, Mustard Seed, Slippery Elm, Beet Root, Sulfur, Tocopherols, Fragrance)
*Ayurvedic Oil $16.99
(Ingredients: Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Brahmi, Amla, Tulsi, Neem, Tocopherols, Fragrance)
For those of you using this brand how are these oils working for you?
MAYBE I'LL JUST GET THESE 2 AND SWITCH OFF DAILY...

oneastrocurlie

$24.99 for NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil?? Geez Louise! For those that oil daily with this oil how strong is the sent? I ask because I only wash my hair 1x a week during fall/winter seasons. Also someone mentioned in here earlier this month that NJoy had a sale. If the current price is $24.99 what was the sale price? (Ingredients: Olive Oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, eclipta alba, flowers of sulfur, capsicum, rosemary, sage, ginger, peppermint, tea tree oil, biotin and essential oil blend.) For those of you using this oil is it really working for you, if so how so?

(Ingredients: Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Nettle Leaf, Saw Palmetto, Mustard Seed, Slippery Elm, Beet Root, Sulfur, Tocopherols, Fragrance)
*Ayurvedic Oil $16.99
(Ingredients: Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Brahmi, Amla, Tulsi, Neem, Tocopherols, Fragrance)

Leo24Rule

I'm not in this challenge but I currently use the APB Ayurvedic Oil. I really like it. I've been oiling my scalp with it and am finally getting growth and retention in my nape area. I have a Hurry Up and Grow oil on the way. She has a coupon code, BEAUTY, for 20% off your order.

Hope that helps :)

ETA I just got a scalp massager from Sallys for $1.79 by BabylissPro

spacetygrss

I lo-pooed and conditioned my hair. Then I oiled my scalp with NJoy oil and put my hair up into fat twists using my Whipped Pudding.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

*Ayurvedic Oil $16.99

If you're getting the NJoy oil with sulfur in it the smell can be quite strong but a little foes a long way. You dont have to use a lot. I'm not sure if she's still having a sale bc i haven't ordered in almost a year i believe. I still have 3 bottles in my stash as i oil either daily or every other day.