Sulfur Mix/Oil Mix 2015 Challenge

Kells

Hello,

I'm posting a day or 2 early on my growth updates.

SO!
My original plan was to make my own sulfur oil, so I bought a million ounces of sulfur and some black castor oil to add it to (More on that later).
Then at the beginning of the year, I saw everyone mentioning 'Njoy, Njoy, Njoy' and I'm like "Oh god, another new product"
(I've been out of the loose natural game for a while. Tomorrow, I'm 1-year post BC from having locks for 6 years)

But I looked her up and saw the comparison pics and was like "Hmmmm, okay. I'm gonna have to try this one."
But I had to use up the crap that I already had first.....which was........B's Organic JBCO. Omg that stuff stank like no tomorrow and I had no idea it would smell THAT bad, so I used it up and then slacked off on sulfur oils and had just been using clear castor oil (which I prefer over Black) and now I'm currently waiting on my Njoy, which should be coming in today or sometime this week.
So on my comparison pics, I just got basic growth.
The first pic was before I started blowdrying but it was about EL stretched 12/2014 and the second pic was last week before I trimmed.

Pennefeather would you mind linking that info or passing it along?
I'd search for it myself but the search is disabled.

Attachments

• December 2014.jpg
    December 2014.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 44
  • March 2015.jpg
    March 2015.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 47

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
May I join? My hair needs all the help it can get right now so I have started using a homemade sulfur mix. It seems to be helping but its only been about a month and I haven't been as consistent as I would like until about two weeks in. I was applying the oil at night and washing it out in the morning every other day because I worry about the smell but the constant washing really hasn't been good for my scalp. So I am going to switch it up. Apply the sulfur 2-3 times, with 5-10 minutes massages per week, and wash 1-2 times per week.
My goal is the achieve a consistent average growth rate of 1/2 inch per month.
I'm still using my NJoy oil and pomade
Wait there's a NJoy pomade now?! I need to get my hands on that. I have a hard time not over doing it with oils. Tired of it dripping down my temples makes me feel like I'm wasting product. How are you liking the product?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
May I join? My hair needs all the help it can get right now so I have started using a homemade sulfur mix. It seems to be helping but its only been about a month and I haven't been as consistent as I would like until about two weeks in. I was applying the oil at night and washing it out in the morning every other day because I worry about the smell but the constant washing really hasn't been good for my scalp. So I am going to switch it up. Apply the sulfur 2-3 times, with 5-10 minutes massages per week, and wash 1-2 times per week.
My goal is the achieve a consistent average growth rate of 1/2 inch per month.

Wait there's a NJoy pomade now?! I need to get my hands on that. I have a hard time not over doing it with oils. Tired of it dripping down my temples makes me feel like I'm wasting product. How are you liking the product?
Yes girl there's a pomade. I love it

Pennefeather

Ive been using my homemade oil mixture nightly since mid March. I think that I prefer using a cream, since a few times I used too much oil, had it dripping down my neck.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Im no longer using sulfur.
I think it keeps the base of my hair strands dry.
Great growth aide, but im tapping out.

Just gave my sister my last bottle of Njoy oil.

greenandchic

Last night I oiled my scalp with Shea/sulfur mix. Previous weeks I used grape seed oil with peppermint and rosemary essential oils.

greenandchic

Last night I made an oil mix with black castor and grape seed oils and peppermint, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils.

I think the sulfur in my previous butter mix was drying out my hair.

Kells

I haven't.
Maybe someone else can chime in on the pomade.

I was using Njoy's oil but my hair does NOT agree with cayenne and sheds with it, so I had to quit with Njoy and go back to using a homemade sulfur mix.

Kells

View attachment 330901
Yes ma'am. I'm doing mines today bc I'm going back under my wigs I think lol. Its not a straight hair lc but it'll do. The first pic was taken back in Feb and the right pic taken today. I can see some length and fullness. Also my back rolls are slimming down! Yay
Great Progress Sis!

Here's my progress.
In the first pic (April), my hair is flat-ironed, and I decided not to flatiron my hair for this and subsequent length checks because I'm too freaked out by the threat of heat damage and WnG's are my primary style.
I think a blow-out is risk enough.

March length check.jpg July length check.jpg July length check 2.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Kells

I'm tapping out on this one too.
Internal MSM is doing the job for me and sulfur mixes aren't apart of the new regimen I'm building.
........................meanwhile I have about a pound of sulfur I need to swap somewhere lol

julzinha

I'm tapping out on this one too.
Internal MSM is doing the job for me and sulfur mixes aren't apart of the new regimen I'm building.
........................meanwhile I have about a pound of sulfur I need to swap somewhere lol
Internal MSM has been great for me as well. How much are you taking? I was thinking of adding a MN mix with some sulfur powder

Kells

I take 4 grams, or 1 teaspoon in water each day.
In my MSM powder, there's a scoop for a tablespoon serving, but the teaspoon has been doing just fine.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm in for the rest of the year ladies.

I'm natural 4b
Starting length apl (10-12 inches)
Goal length Bsl (12-14 inches)
I will be using Liquid Gold oil every other day and mn on my edges

Attachments

• 20151002_103057.jpg
    20151002_103057.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 19

ceecy29

Has anyone used both the Njoy oil and pomade with similar results? I have great results with the oil on my edges (wow!) but I'm wanting to avoid the potential mess that dripping can cause. I would like to know from someone who has tried both, if the pomade is just as effective.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going to have to start using LG only once a week when my hair is straight. I can't stand oily hair. I used dry shampoo to soak up some of the oil, but it didn't remove it all.

I really wanted this blowout to last a few weeks :( I may wash it next week if it's still oily

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used liquid gold on my scalp today. It feels tingly. I started LG on Sept 30 so I will do a length check the end of this month

julzinha

I've been using Njoy Oil every other day and internal MSM. I've seen increased thickness, but the process is slow. I've been doctoring up my Njoy with some neem oil my friend gave me and adding larger amounts of essential oils.