success without supplements?

jemini

I'm thinking about dumping my Biotin and just taking a multivitamin instead. Anyone here who doesn't take any vitamins besides a multi and still get good results? If not do you know anyone who does?

I take Centrum only. I still have fast hair growth. I think if you don't have any vitamin deficiencies, a multi vitamin should be sufficient. Your body can only use so much of a vitamin any way. What's left over will be excreted through urine if its a water soluable vitamin. If If I remember correctly, one has to be careful with fat soluable vitamins because they are not so easily excreted from the body, they can build up in the liver.

Here's the funny thing.

My mom just acheived the longest length I'ver ever seen her with. (I'd say its two inches from bra strap) - the only difference was she was taking a multivitamin.

So go for it. I'm jealous of her hair.

do you know i ordered kaire msm and received it a few days ago and for the life of me could not swallow those dang pills. i then broke the pill and tried to mix the powder with my drink and that junk floated to the top and looked so filmy and yucky.i even tried to drink it like that and i dang near threw up. 30 something dollars gone,wasted! as an alternative i bought the kids bubble gum vitamins(the ones advertised on commercials)and i like them.so they'll have to do.

i'm not even taking a multivitamin on a regular basis. only now and then. i tried the supplement thing before but it didn't work for me...i'm still happy with the results i have. maybe my hair would grow faster with supplements but i just can't take all those pills:(

In the past, my hair grew on the average of 1/4 inch per month. When I take vitamins, my growth rate increases by 100%. No "horse pills" for me. I take either powder or liquid: Barley green, beet root, MSM, biotin and EFA.

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
do you know i ordered kaire msm and received it a few days ago and for the life of me could not swallow those dang pills. i then broke the pill and tried to mix the powder with my drink and that junk floated to the top and looked so filmy and yucky.i even tried to drink it like that and i dang near threw up. 30 something dollars gone,wasted! as an alternative i bought the kids bubble gum vitamins(the ones advertised on commercials)and i like them.so they'll have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bree, why should you be out of thirty dollars? Contact the company, let them know you are dissatified with the quality of their product and ask for a refund.

I currently don't take any vitamins or supplements. Last year my hair grew 7 1/4 inches and only 1 3/4 of those inches can be attributed to supplements.

that comic is mad cute Boadicea ! ! !
clap.gif
i'm mad about betty and veronica. i use to read that comic every time i stepped in a grocery store.
bookworm.gif

anywho, i didn't use a multivitamin - or any vitamins - for the first year of being natural (i'm now almost at my second year) and my hair grew a significant amount. (i went from the big chop, about 1/4 inch of hair to a good 7 inches of hair.) i'm taking the gnc now because i've noticed that my eating habits are horrible.
fat.gif
we'll see . . . i'm gonna give the gnc a year to do their magic.
wink.gif

I just had to use it! I'm an avid collecter of their comics (the digests and double digests; I have hundreds of 'em.
sekret.gif
)

I may have to go back to supplements because I'm fearing a "sorry, you're anemic" verdict from the doctor soon so I'll see next week. But it will probably only be iron and a multi and nothing more.

I stopped taking my Andrew Lessman vitamins long ago & I'm still getting results that I'm satisfied with. I take nothing now--not even a multi.

Back