Styles for Relaxed Hair after Cowashing?

SimpleKomplexity

I hope this has not been asked yet.

When I first joined the board, I was cowashing everyday :blush:, but I had to stop prematurely because I just didn't have the time to set my hair everyday, sit under the dryer for 1 hr, and rollerset it each night just to cowash again the next morning.

I would just walk around with a wet bun, but to many people IRL this look is unkempt, and your hair doesn't look done. I don't want to hear "When are you going to do your hair" Since I'm attempting to start back cowashing often....

What are some styles you relaxed ladies are using after you cowash your hair?

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I would like to know this also. I work out every morning at 5 a.m., and before I kept my hair in braids and put my wig on and kept it moving. Now that I’m wearing my own hair, I haven’t been back to the gym since Saturday.:ohwell:

theprototype

If I cowash, I make sure to do it in the evening when I get home from work so that it has time to dry. I put it in braids, and wear a braid out the next day.

SimpleKomplexity

If I cowash, I make sure to do it in the evening when I get home from work so that it has time to dry. I put it in braids, and wear a braid out the next day.

I've been thinking about braidouts. I know I tried to do them when I was little and they were horrific. I've been too chicken to do a braidout, because I'm scared my hair will look a mess in hte morning, and I'll have to use heat to striaghten it back out and look decent

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Bantu knots are nice. I have a pic in my fotki that I styled in the protective album.....

taz007

Here is what I plan on doing. I just purchased the mane clip and I will attempt to do some pretty updos while maintaining my own hair in a baggie.

I also plan on using the scarf method for my edges. We see how (if) this works :rolleyes:

*Michelle*

If you cowash at night, let it airdry then use Caruso's to set it in the morning while you get dressed. :yep:

I agree!

If you let the roller get to wet and your hair doesn't completely dry, you will have a poofy mess. How long did you leave the roller on the steamer?

What works for me is first have the hair sectioned with end papers and ready to go> then put the roller on the steamer only leaving it on the steam for three seconds, NO MORE,> then giving the roller a swift shake to release the extra water, >then roll. If I don't steam the cap my hair will be ready in about 30 mins.

Shaley

I agree!

If you let the roller get to wet and your hair doesn't completely dry, you will have a poofy mess. How long did you leave the roller on the steamer?

What works for me is first have the hair sectioned with end papers and ready to go> then put the roller on the steamer only leaving it on the steam for three seconds, NO MORE,> then giving the roller a swift shake to release the extra water, >then roll. If I don't steam the cap my hair will be ready in about 30 mins.

I totally agree. This is my exact regimen whenever I co-wash. I think leaving it on the steamer for less time is the key.

luvn_life

Yeah I love braidouts... I realized what works for me is my hair get mostly dry. Like 95% dry. When my hair is wet the braid is tight and small and my hair dries hard. So I end up looking like I have a jheri curl. And then french braiding my hair in about 3 or 4 braids (I like bigger waves). And my hair is soft and wavy.

Missi

I put a banana clip in my hair... but I airdry 80% in a ponytail w/ a scarf so my edges lay down...after that I put it in a banana clip

*fabulosity*

I'm not that creative. It's flatironed, or its in a bun/pony, or now a twist out. My new love is twist outs. They work perfectly for cowashing. Because the twisted hair matches the new growth wavy look. I still do it every morning..but I'm getting faster. I usually leave the house with my hair a bit wet. But I drive really fast with the windows down and by the time I walk in..it's pretty much dry.

HERicane10

I got a great suggestion from another board.......fan dry your hair after cw. This meember cw 5x per week and wash/dc 2x and fan dries after EVERY one. Beautiful, thick, texaled hair too!

Kellum

I try to co-wash nightly and the best thing I have found is to just get a cute curly wig and wear your wet bun or low pinned up braid under my wig. I slap on a queen size knee high and slide it back so that my front hairline is showing, put on my wig, secure with bobby pins and then put on a headband. I am good to go. It looks like I took the time to roll my hair. Plus curls are cute for the summer. I can accessories with different head bands and scarves and my hair is protected.

ETA: My avatar pic is a wig.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I been co-washing everyday since jan. 2009, and all I do is baggie with a scarf to wear in the street, or if I co-wash at night I'll do a braid-out. I really don't care if my hair is wet where the ends are covered because I just do the same bun over in the morning with a fresh co-wash.

*Muffin*

I agree with the co-washing at night thing. Then you could braid your hair for bed with a scarf around it, and when you wake up in the morning just unbraid the braids and you have a cute braid-out. You can accessorize with scarves or head bands, if you want, or you could do a braid-out ponytail. I like doing braid-outs after I co-wash.

SelfStyled

Do you have a hooded dryer? I have a soft bonnet dryer that is my best friend.

After I wash, I apply my leave in and sabino moisture block, I put my hair in a tucked under bun and put a scarf on. I sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. Which leaves my hair straight, with a slight wave. I have been doing this for almost a year and have retained all of my growth.

From that point I either wear a bun, phony pony, mane clip or a half wig. Curly half wigs are great just like Kellum said cause you put on a head band and just go.

When I am not being lazy I will do a ponytail rollerset and put my hair in a banana clip.

Check my fotki if you need ideas: http://www.public.fotki.com/selfstyled/

unique4lyfe33

I cowash my hair in the morning and detangle and put it back in a bun leaving a little condish in it. It comes out looking really nice, o yea Im relaxed too.

Msmia

I have never tried this but maybe you could put hair in low ponytail and divide it into several smaller ponytail twists that way your hair will have some texture and take it down in the morning and put it a cute tucked under bun or messy updo.

I have simply been braiding my hair in one or two braids and when it is at least 80% dry I put my hair in a low ponytail and and tuck the ends under or pin it up in a messy updo with my sides slicked down and sometimes add a middle part or a swooped bang.