Stuck.(Pulling out strands of hair from ends??)

summerof1990

IM STUCK!! I'm still trying to figure out why can i pull out little strands of hair at the ends of my hair...it doesnt seem like its breakage DIRECTLY from the ends. It seems like its hair that broken off from combing the roots of my hair. i dont know. I never comb the ends of my hair.

Any imput? Suggestions? Product Recos? ITS ANNOYINGGGG!

I will def. have pics of it next time it does it.

summerof1990

are they long strands? short strands? do the hairs have a little white bulb?

sometimes i can pull out long strands.
if im putting oil on my ends with the tip of my hands it will be short strands
and most likely its hair from the ends..my hair cant be that weak.

sometimes i can pull out several strands with no white bulbs just breakage
i dont see what im doing wrong beside not combing my hair all the way threw.

i never see white bulbs though

CurlyLawGal

I haven't been on LHCF long, but it seems like not detangling the length of your hair could cause several problems:

1. Shed hair gets caught and tangled causing breakage

2. Your leave-ins and other moisturizers aren't reach the full strand of your hair.

Have you tried finger detangling? I do this from end to root in about 6 sections. It has really helped minimize breakage for me. I just make sure that I have in my leave in (darcy's botanicals) or a conditioner with lots of sip (Aussie Moist)

I rarely use a comb anymore, but if I don't detangle I will get breakage, SSKs and tangles.

How is your protein/moisture balance? What products are you currently using?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

summerof1990

I haven't been on LHCF long, but it seems like not detangling the length of your hair could cause several problems:

1. Shed hair gets caught and tangled causing breakage

2. Your leave-ins and other moisturizers aren't reach the full strand of your hair.

Have you tried finger detangling? I do this from end to root in about 6 sections. It has really helped minimize breakage for me. I just make sure that I have in my leave in (darcy's botanicals) or a conditioner with lots of sip (Aussie Moist)

I rarely use a comb anymore, but if I don't detangle I will get breakage, SSKs and tangles.

How is your protein/moisture balance? What products are you currently using?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Glad to see that u said i'm not using a comb because im really on bootcamp with my ends of my hair.

i kind of message the conditioner in...and just spread it on my hair but not actually detangle...i'll try to finger detangle and see how that works.

I'm using Herbal Essence conditioner and shampoo aloe vera juice and olive oil and chi keratin mist.

silenttullip

if you don't see bulbs I'd think its breakage...
When I have this problem I feel my hair when it's wet
If it feels mushy and VERY stretchy then breaks I know
I need protein I use Aubrey Organics GPB or BGA
If its hard and breaks automatically I know I need moisture
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or a hot oil treatment with evoo or sometthing like it I do think you should detangle your ends...
For detangling the ends is where you should start and work your way up to the roots
Never start at the roots unless your hair is bone straight and it doesn't mind.
Also do you blow dry a lot? Have you been under any stress? Are you sure your hair like herbal essence? Some products I've tried make my hair shed and once I stop using them I'm good again hth

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Without knowing your regimen it's hard to give you a suggestion of what you are doing right or what you need to change....

summerof1990

Without knowing your regimen it's hard to give you a suggestion of what you are doing right or what you need to change....

My regimen is pretty simple

Shampoo with Garlic Shampoo or Herbal Essence once a week.

Condition with Herbal Essence Balance conditioner.

Spray aloe vera juice on my hair

Apply olive or castor oil on my hair.

I dont do too much detangle my conditioners do that and so does water.

No heat. No Combing the ends. Braid my hair in pigtails before bed. Style it in a bun with no pins just a tie. So its basically a little cute little ball not a real bun lol.