Sponge Roller Set Pics

Kellum

Today was my nieces kindergarten graduation. I wanted to wear my own hair. I wanted curls without all the fuss. I bought a Caruso yesterday and lets just say I am not happy with my purchase (will explain later). Last night I co-washed, applied my leave ins, and sealed. I blow dryed my hair using the cool setting and then got all ready to use my Caruso. Everything was going good until the dang thing stopped working. I'm like come on seriously:wallbash:. I only got maybe 5 rollers in my head and it just stopped working. It won't steam to save my life. I planned on using the Caruso and then pin curling my hair. :wallbash: My plan had to change.

Any who while out shopping yesterday I picked up some jumbo and extra large sponge rollers from the BSS along with end papers. I bought 3 packs of the jumbo and 3 of the extra large to be sure I had enough. I figured I would use these. I took out the Caruso rollers and put a little more of my leave in (Yes to Cucumbers) on the already curled hair. I wrapped end papers around the sponge rollers and rolled my hair up. I made sure to smooth my ends and hair well around the roller so that my hair would look nice. I am texlaxed and didn't want a big curly, poofy mess. I rolled my whole head, put using the jumbo toward the bottom of my head and the extra large towards the top. I put on my satin scarf, went to bed.

I tell you I slept like a baby. It wasn't uncomfortable at all and my curls were beautiful. My hair was big though. I am 8 weeks post with lots of new growth. I put on a stretch head band to take away some of the bigness :grin:and kept it moving. Later on I took of the head band and that helped a lot.

My curls were soft, and bouncy. They last all day even after getting home and taking a long nap and not doing anything to preserve my curls. I just tied up my head with my satin cap and went to sleep. I didn't care.

Sponge rollers are going to be a part of my regimen for a long time. This is a simple way for me to roll my hair and go to bed. :wink2:

http://public.fotki.com/KBAW/2009/spone-roller-set/

Last edited:

diva24

Good stuff! Nice pics! No one can pull me away from my sponge rollers. I actually have satin covered sponge rollers.

Kellum

blackpearl81

cute! I love the soft curls that I get from sponge rollersets....especially since I don't kno how to do a rollerset with magnetic rollers yet:nono: