Split ends up the shaft! (sigh)

jerseyjill

Looking at my hair I realize that I have split ends up the shaft! :( This means that my progress is stunted right? All I can do is keep it strong and keep trimming until they are all gone right? I feel sad. :( I relaxed 2 weeks ago and made progress. But now I feel like it is false progress.
Anybody else have splits up the shaft? What do you do?

gymfreak336

All you can do is make sure you are keeping up with your strengthening and protein treatments and trim on a regular basis. Happens to the best of us sometimes. I didn't see any change in mine until i increased my protein schedule. Hopefully you will find something that works for you. I know it sucks now but you can figure it out.

BellaM

Theres nothing to do but cut it off i guess...Split ends are really hard to avoid, i learned this the hard way....But gymfreak336 is right moisture and protein will work. I keep my ends moisturized by putting some conditioner on them and sealing with a carrier oil..the following day my ends look wonderful and sealed...

jerseyjill

Theres nothing to do but cut it off i guess...Split ends are really hard to avoid, i learned this the hard way....But gymfreak336 is right moisture and protein will work. I keep my ends moisturized by putting some conditioner on them and sealing with a carrier oil..the following day my ends look wonderful and sealed...

Yes, I keep up with my balance. And sealing too, which is why I didnt know they were up the shaft. Then I saw them and Im dissapointed. I am going to get a trim, cornrow in a beehive and wear a wig until May. That way I can cut an inch and not miss it, :)

jerseyjill

I think I figured out why I have splits up the shaft.
I finally took off my wig/braids last March and got a trim and blow out. Since then I have been wearing my hair out (meaning no braids or wig) . I usually bun it (80%) and sometimes I get a roller set and about 4 times I got a blow out. Everytime I got a blow out I wondered about the effects of the brush on my hair. I think the bruch and tension on the wet hair split my hair shaft in the middle. What other reason could there be for split shafts?
I should have known better that to go to her. She has 30 years of experience but no common sense. I had to tell her to put enough leave in in my hair to protect it. She might have been holding back on purpose. She is the jealous type. So I watched her "very" carefully when it came to the scissors, but I think she got me with the blowdryer. What say you? Are there other reasons why I could have splits "up" the shaft?

jerseyjill

make sure your hair tools are on point..brushes, combs etc. invest in a seamless comb and other quality hair tools.

You are so in my head! :) I have seamless combs, Jilbere shower combs etc. But no brushes! So I was at her mercy when it came to a brush. Can anyone recommend a good qulity brush. I know Denman is popular. Are boar bristles the best?

Thanks hair4ronheaven!