split ends further up the shaft

CarmelCupcake

Hi ladies...i started noticing that I have tiny knots and splits starting 1.5"/2" up my hair shaft. So basically many of my split ends arent even starting at the ends. Do any of you know how this is caused? Any recommendations? Thanks guys! :)

Vintagecoilylocks

Hi ladies...i started noticing that I have tiny knots and splits starting 1.5"/2" up my hair shaft. So basically many of my split ends arent even starting at the ends. Do any of you know how this is caused? Any recommendations? Thanks guys! :)

There are several factors going on. The overall initial health of your hair shaft itself. Not much you can do about that once it is out of the scalp. Then you need to be extra gental and refrain from practices that will further deplete the hair of moisture. The hair scales help protect the core of the shaft. Heat, chemicals, brushes and combs, and cutting, exposure to rubbing on clothing and the elements strip away those scales and expose the core.

Protect the hair, be gental, use topical protein treaments and emoillients. Most of all eat right to produce stronger hair. The old hair will eventually shed and be replaced with healthier split free hair. Its a process so be patient but it will happen.

Keep it growing.:yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My mid shaft splits came from the tangle teaser. There wasn't much I could do about them but cut them to get my hair back to optimum health. I suggest using seamless combs, proper detangling methods and be gentle with your hair.

ChocolatePie777

I get them...... midshaft splits are usuallly mechnical (from tools used).........mine where from inproper tool usage......so examine wha you have combed or brushed yourhair with....

Oh and also make sure your nails are manicured....