Spirulina

G

Let me know how it works. I want to try the Swanson brand. I think they are on sale too.

G

I take that back, I'm going to try the Earthrise brand..it is also sold @swansonvitamins.com...Earthrise is the best brand out there...(someone mentioned this in another thread and I did my research on it as well).

G

You're welcome. Earthrise was the first company to manufacture and cultivate spirulina...so I will definitely try that brand out.

Isis

And you look great immediately too! Because it's a "live" food, it gives immediate results that shows. I love Earthrise!

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
And you look great immediately too! Because it's a "live" food, it gives immediate results that shows. I love Earthrise!

[/ QUOTE ]

isis, do you use the regular or the certified organic earthrise tablets? (i know i'm being a pest, sorry).

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
i used the tablet form and powder form this summer. i was concerned about malnourishment when i stayed in Cuba- this stuff kept me healthy and REGULAR! very healthy for you- you feel very clean and energized. i also used to take a protein drink called Spirutein. i stopped using it when i realized it was making me lose a lot of weight. it speeds up your metabolism. its good for keeping you regular. if if werent for the metablosim thing, i would continue to take in in place of multivitamins and i whole heartedly feel its a great supplement. ps- i dont recommend the vitamin shoppe brand, but EARTHRISE is probably the best brand out there. the powder form is a bit hard to take taste-wise, but its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said spirutein made you lose a lot of weight? What flavor did you try? I have had my eye on this brand for some time but I was afraid it wouldnt help me lose weight. tia. God bless you all.

ubavka123

[ QUOTE ]
azul11 said:
[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
i used the tablet form and powder form this summer. i was concerned about malnourishment when i stayed in Cuba- this stuff kept me healthy and REGULAR! very healthy for you- you feel very clean and energized. i also used to take a protein drink called Spirutein. i stopped using it when i realized it was making me lose a lot of weight. it speeds up your metabolism. its good for keeping you regular. if if werent for the metablosim thing, i would continue to take in in place of multivitamins and i whole heartedly feel its a great supplement. ps- i dont recommend the vitamin shoppe brand, but EARTHRISE is probably the best brand out there. the powder form is a bit hard to take taste-wise, but its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said spirutein made you lose a lot of weight? What flavor did you try? I have had my eye on this brand for some time but I was afraid it wouldnt help me lose weight. tia. God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this question wasn't asked of me, but I like the banana flavor and the cookies and cream. I love Spirutein. They sell a box that has all the flavors in packets, so you can sample them in case you are not sure about which one to buy. I found it at Whole Foods.

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
[ QUOTE ]
azul11 said:
[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this question wasn't asked of me, but I like the banana flavor and the cookies and cream. I love Spirutein. They sell a box that has all the flavors in packets, so you can sample them in case you are not sure about which one to buy. I found it at Whole Foods.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right they do have the sample packs. I am trying to rememeber if I used to drink this a while back when I was trying to lose weight. Because at this point that is my main goal. I will have to give a try. I checked on vitaminshoppe.com and they dont have much sugar or carbs per serving so I may have to give this a go. thanks for reminding me.
God bless you all.

LEOLADYSW

....Sigh.....Am I going to have to try this too? Oh well...
Who am I fooling? I probably will. You guys are right most of the time.

MissDiva

Armyqt said:
I have a green veggie powder that I wanted to incorporate into my diet, but it's so hard to take it. I took it for a few days, but I couldn't hack it any more. Any tips on how to get this stuff down?

I've had the same problem. I got some Spirulina in powder on sale from PP buy one get 3 free, but I just can't stomach it. I would love to know how people are masking the taste.

Isis

MissDiva said:
I've had the same problem. I got some Spirulina in powder on sale from PP buy one get 3 free, but I just can't stomach it. I would love to know how people are masking the taste.
I don't like the taste either, that's why I take the tablets. Some people mask the powder in smoothies and juices but I haven't tried that.

Isis

tishee said:
I am going to pick up the Earthrise brand this weekend.
I'm about to order some more Earthrise too. I get mine at Iherb.com which usually has better prices than the healthfood stores.

TonicaG

TonicaG
Spirulina is a wonderful supplement. I bought a bottle and took it for one week but I noticed a "fishy" smell coming from "my pocketbook".

My husband was like "ahh babe, what's up?" I immediately stopped taking it and the smell went away. For me it wasn't worth it, don't want no drama at home. Feel me?...

CookieLAD

Isis said:
Yes, I've been taking Spirulina everyday for about 20 years now. Each tablet is 500 mg and I take about 6 each day.

Thanks to Isis, I started taking these [Earthrise] about 4-5 months ago and what a difference :D My skin looks great, my hair looks great, I have increased energy and it definitely keeps you regular ;)

I just can't handle taking a bunch of supplements and pills, but I'll never give up my Spirulina!

Thank you Isis!

NubianQueen

I bought the Earthrise brand and as per directions took 4 per day. Unfortunately for me, it made me OVERLY regular! :ohwell: I'm down to one pill in the morning and half of one and night. I do not know if it is making a difference or not in my health. Too bad it does not agree with me, I want shinnier/thicker hair and clear skin!!

Netta1

Every now and again I'll take it mixed in juice. There is this health juice smoothy that I love that has Sp in it along with some other good stuff. The Juice is called "Mean Green" but I can't think of the companies name. Its 100% natural and you might be able to be found at your local organic health food store. Oh yeah the taste is great!

If you eat and treat your body right it will show.

morehairplease

Netta1 said:
Every now and again I'll take it mixed in juice. There is this health juice smoothy that I love that has Sp in it along with some other good stuff. The Juice is called "Mean Green" but I can't think of the companies name. Its 100% natural and you might be able to be found at your local organic health food store. Oh yeah the taste is great!

If you eat and treat your body right it will show.

netta1 could you let me know the company name of the juice if you remember it? tia