Has anyone ever tried this????

diva4life

I was in Earthfare yesterday and bought Ultra hair vitamins and Silica gel, but I saw a box of SPIROLINA, but didn't looked at it. My curiosity was piqued however, and I looked it up when I got home. This is what I found on vitadigest.com. Has anyone ever tried Spirolina, it sounds intriguing.......
Spirulina enhanced nutritional support, vitality, and good health

Spirulina is a blue-green algae containing complete, balanced protein and a wide range of valuable nutrients. Spirulina is approximately 70% easily digestible protein. It contains 18 out of 22 amino acids and all of the essential amino acids, making it a unique vegetarian source of complete protein. Better yet, Spirulina protein is 95% digestible compared to meat sources, which are often difficult for the body to break down. In fact, beef protein is estimated to be only 20% digestible. Spirulina is a wonderful way to consume high quality protein that's easy on the body. It contains enzymes, which naturally assist in the digestion process. Doctors and Scientists recommend we eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. In real life, it doesn¡¦t always happen. That's why you need Spirulina. Spirulina supplies more concentrated vegetable nutrition than any other whole food.

Naturally Rich in Nutrients
The complete, whole-food nutrition found in this ancient food provides an endless list of health benefits. Spirulina is particularly high in beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from free radical damage. It also converts into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes, skin, teeth, nails, hair, bones and a strong immune system.

Spirulina is an excellent source of B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12, which is important for vegetarians. This nutritious food also contains vitamin E, a highly bioavailable source of iron, 14 naturally chelated minerals and numerous trace elements.

MSCHICHI

I first tried this a few years ago, when a vegetarian gave some for a headache. She swore that this and another vit (that I can't remember now) would get rid of my migraine, and give me lots of energy (which it did). Another vegetarian and naturalist I met gave me some spirulina years later and said the same thing about it.

Since you brought it up, and I was contemplating a trip to the health food store, it might be a good thing to add to my list.

diva4life

I think I am gonna try it too, especially since I am not taking any other vits now except the ones previously mentioned. The site really sold me on the awards of spirolina and it has all that protein....let's keep each other posted on progress. PM me when you get yours with your start date and I'll do the same!