Spinoff: Shedders What Vits or Products saved your hair?

greenandchic

Oh ok. With PCOS i believe when you control it, the hair loss is controlled.

Different from the hair loss issue independently. Nothing controls it and it is a friggin BEAST to control.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that. I still have some other PCOS symptoms though the bulk of it is over - as long as I keep up my lifestyle.

bellezanegra826

@bellezanegra826 Before I ask questions do you have MPB or dht/androgen related hair loss? If so these things may help me also.

1. NuHair - Did it regrow bald spots or scalp areas where the hair was see through and thinned out. Nioxin grows existing hair but no regrowth of hair in bald spots.

2. What is Fluoccinde? Did it dry out ur hair?

I love hearing about Black professionals and their good work!

I'm not a male, so no I don't have male pattern baldness. My hair tends to fall out when I am extremely stressed or I have used a chemical that did not agree with my scalp. The NuHair grew out bald spots and increased the overall growth rate of my hair. Fluoccinde was a liquid that I had to get a prescription for. It's not otc.

AKA-Tude

AKA-Tude thanks for sharing!

Where did you get these extracts? Or they drying or moisterizing? I may have to try this.

@ Chica-

I ordered from ebay,
but have since learned how to
make tinctures from the plants
of said herbs.

They were not drying at all.
I added them more for their
hair-help qualities.

I haven't put this knowledge to use
as of yet, but plan to soon (Sept).

I will update then...

TrulyBlessed

By trial and error I finally realized that iron deficiency anemia was causing my severe shedding. Blackstrap Molasses and adding steak back into my diet saved my hair and health. I still take iron pills (Slow Fe) for added iron but alone they did not help me one bit.

gn1g

Shampoos I like
nizoral shampoo ($14) it works.

Pentrax shampoo works much better but is very hard to find. Makes your hair strong as steel and keeps it on your head. ($30)

Dabur Vatika Wild Cactus anti breakage shampoo works great smells good, very hydrating ingredients include cactus, garlic and ghergir. ($3)

The very BEST shampoo is prescription shampoo CLOBEX ($$400) and it performs. Hair will absolutely grow back within a week! thicker and stronger it will strip a perm but who cares. No more shedding even when you do not use it. Love it, but who can afford it even with insurance.

The very best leave in for me is Salerm Vegetable Placenta Restructurer NO HAIRS FALL with this product.

I have more information in my noggin but I will have to think.

MrsHouston

chicha Honestly, its been so long since I've changed my diet (about 5 years now), I don't remember. Plus my hair care practices have changed, but I would like to think I lose less hair today than back then. When I was changing my diet, it was more about my blood sugar, cycles, weight and not so much my hair.

FYI, your shedding could have been from the weight loss. Dramatic weight loss causes shedding too. However, after about 6 mos it should calm down some.

chicha

@chica, It appears to be working. I want to give it a full 6 months though before I say it really is working. I made up a new batch of oil last night with a higher percentage of EO. I have also had my hair up a lot the past 2 months and not able to give myself a scalp massage. I do think scalp massages are essential to regrowth as well.

I have pics in my album if you want to see how its going so far. I will update the pics at the end of July.
faithVA. The EOs Did they regrow bald spots or scalp areas where the hair was see through and thinned out

chicha

Shampoos I like
nizoral shampoo ($14) it works.

Pentrax shampoo works much better but is very hard to find. Makes your hair strong as steel and keeps it on your head. ($30)

Dabur Vatika Wild Cactus anti breakage shampoo works great smells good, very hydrating ingredients include cactus, garlic and ghergir. ($3)

The very BEST shampoo is prescription shampoo CLOBEX ($$400) and it performs. Hair will absolutely grow back within a week! thicker and stronger it will strip a perm but who cares. No more shedding even when you do not use it. Love it, but who can afford it even with insurance.

The very best leave in for me is Salerm Vegetable Placenta Restructurer NO HAIRS FALL with this product.

I have more information in my noggin but I will have to think.
gn1g Can you explain how this happens? Thanks.

wyldcurlz

what were your side effects on Spiro chica? i was taken off of it after a week. they want me to go another route. so i didn't notice the side effects after just a week.

faithVA

[USER=307967 said:
chicha[/USER];14171539]@faithVA. The EOs Did they regrow bald spots or scalp areas where the hair was see through and thinned out

I have found that an oil mix with a high level of EOs combined with consistent scalp massages does a lot to heal the scalp and regrow the hair. In the few months that I have been doing this I have reduced the issue about 80%.

Not planning on posting new pics until the end of Sept. though. You can only see the issue now when I do mini twists. And I will do these at the end of September.

gn1g

@gn1g Can you explain how this happens? Thanks.

Actually I am not sure how it happens, I just notice that my hair is much more resistant than usually in the crown of my head and I believe it is this product that creates that effect. I attempt to perm my hair twice in a month in this one particular area and the perm did not take. I have fine hair and it does not take much to straighten it.

KhandiB

This thread was right on time!! I have been suffering heavy shedding since having my son 2 years ago. My hair is markedly thinner. I am going to the doctor though, I was diagnosed with anemia during both of my pregnancies, so Im thinking it may have stuck around this time.

I will try a few of the affordable options in this thread lol

chicha

I have found that an oil mix with a high level of EOs combined with consistent scalp massages does a lot to heal the scalp and regrow the hair. In the few months that I have been doing this I have reduced the issue about 80%.

Not planning on posting new pics until the end of Sept. though. You can only see the issue now when I do mini twists. And I will do these at the end of September.
@faithVA what were your issues ? they Did regrow bald spots?

Last edited:

CynamonKis

Chica - thanks so much for reaching out to me! I haven't logged on here since February. This is the line of vitamins, shampoo/conditioners that the Trichologist prescribed to me earlier this year. The shedding/breaking stopped immediately. I also purchased a laser comb, but I stopped using everything & slapped a weave on for the last few months. About to get that taken out on Tuesday, and then will resume the vitamin/laser regiment and will be able to report on it's effectiveness.

Until then, the line the Trichologist prescribed for me may be found here:

http://www.hlcconline.com/001HLCOMP30.html

greenandchic

FYI, your shedding could have been from the weight loss. Dramatic weight loss causes shedding too. However, after about 6 mos it should calm down some.

MrsHouston

Crap! I don't know how I missed your response, LOL.

It has been quite a few years since the weight loss. I lost the first part of it in 2005 and again in 2006 - 2008. I think enough time has gone by...

lamaria211

i just started Garlic 1000mg about 2 weeks ago along with Flax Seed oil and my shedding is back to normal about 3-5 hairs a day

Bajanmum

bump...suffering with PCOS related hairloss...thanks for info..really helpful!!!

@MWilson569

Coffee and tea rinses reduce shedding. Oolong tea is my personal fave. For this week's mid wash I probably shed 10-20 strands from my beginning co-wash to styling in chunky twists. I just poured cool Oolong over my hair and slathered my dc over the top and left it for an hour under plastic cap before rinsing and styling.

Last edited:

Jewell

My virgin relaxer in june 2012 with Mizani BB lye mild caused excessive shedding for about a month. Ive taken garlic for yrs and msm, but for the shedding I doubled my doses and also did tea and black coffee rinses. Used green, black, and chamomile teas. Applied my sulfur/herbal oil mix regularly, and left it alone, for low -manipulation styles are best for my hair. I was back to less than 7-10 hairs a day by Sept. Now I lose 0-5/day, but I dont comb daily so after a week, maybe 20 hairs are shed. No breakage is discernible.

I keep up tea rinses, scalp oiling and massages, taking garlic/msm/moringa/calcium/acai/prenatals (8.5 mos preggers)/chlorella, and stretching relaxers for body, scalp, and hair health. It is easier imo to prevent hair loss than stop it once it starts--at least for me it is. Hth

Last edited: