Spinoff: APL and Beyond Naturals, Does Your Hair Grow Out or Down?

Does Your Hair Grow Out or Down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConstantlyDynamic

first off
soo sexy!

second- debbiedee, your hair definitely defies gravity and it's amazing. i love those photos
third- i'm going to go with out because when i do my puffs, it takes more effort to move the puff downwards towards my nape (my nape grows down for sure but the rest of my hair has to be out). it's weird though because when i wash my hair (while standing up in the shower), my hair hangs and dries like that, shrinkage and all. when i turn my head upside down, it dries upwards like that guy's fro and only my nape hangs. i think that's my true growth direction

bludaydreamr

My 4a hair grows out, it has been almost 4 years since I stopped relaxing. I don't think my hair is going to start growing down it may hang a little; not a lot, unless I train it in some way.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I never let my natural hair grow long enough to find out.:nono: This is a great thread for me to look forward to in the future.

Victorian

old head
4a fine, on the medium/thin side. I said "out", but it happens very slowly. My hair likes to stay as close to my scalp as possible or something. It just gets coilier when it gets longer and makes even more of an effort to scrunch up :lol:
When it's wet/damp, or stretched out in any way, I can tell it has grown -- but if I let it dry totally on its own, it doesn't look much different from how it looked 6 inches ago

Qtee

Heyy!!!
How come there's no option for hair that sticks upp!!?? My hair totally defies gravity...out is not even the word to describe it.
I voted SL but I think i am nearly apl but my hair hardly looks like it is. I never use flat iron cos am scared silly...

I can't wait for my hair to be full SL unstretched....hpefully it will start growing down then.

debbiedee..I luv luv luv ur hair..and yes it defy all gravity which is what makes it so fierce...

Pooks

As long as my hair is not heat styled (which it hasn't been for 1 year woot woot for me!) it grows OUT. Maybe one day I'll end up looking like Aevin!

silenttullip

I think it has a tiny bit to do with length but more to do with how you wash it. After 5+ inches I think if you wash it in the shower it will begin to grow down and have hang time. If you lean over the tub or sink it will seem as if it's always grown out. My hair grew out until this year. This year also happened to be when I moisturized more and washed my hair in the shower :)

Janet'

^^^Hmm, that's an interesting thought Silenttulip...I have always washed my hair in the shower and it has always grown out...

helixhoney

Does fine hair have a tendency to grow down? I went natural dreaming of big, haloish hair, but my tiny coils don't grow out at all. They actually barely look like they are growing at all, but if I had to choose a direction other than towards my scalp, it's definitely downward.

SheenaVee

Mine grows down. I think it has to do with density. Dense hair = difficult for it to hang. Not so dense hair = easier to hang.