Name Your Low Porosity Hair Staples!

jennwantslonghurr

divachyk this is such a helpful thread seriously Thank you!

Hey does anyone have a staple for managing your ends? I finally got mine in order but by that time my ends were really thin and I trimmed them away. If my ends can stay most and elastic until I reach wl I will do a hand stand.

Sometimes I seal my ends with oil and it feels dry/hard. I guess my hair didn't need anything extra or I should just wash it.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk this is such a helpful thread seriously Thank you! Hey does anyone have a staple for managing your ends? I finally got mine in order but by that time my ends were really thin and I trimmed them away. If my ends can stay most and elastic until I reach wl I will do a hand stand. Sometimes I seal my ends with oil and it feels dry/hard. I guess my hair didn't need anything extra or I should just wash it.
jennwantslonghurr, heavy sealing helps the ends. Try using a butter vs. an oil.

divachyk

Spritzing the hair with water (or some kind of hydration mix) before applying moisturizer

L.Brown1114

shampoo: paul mitchell tea tree oil shampoo, suave clarifying shampoo

protein: joico pak every month

conditioner: trader joes nourishing spa

moisturizer: paul mitchell "the conditioner" aussie moist split ender

DC: silicone mix

gel: IC fantasia gel, eco styler (10 strenghth, anything else my hair laughs at)

spritzing hair with water on a no wash/cowash day before I moisturize my hair

not rinsing with cold water, makes my hair feel waxy

caracara01

Cowashes and Conditioners:
Pantene Cowash Cleanser
Aussie Moist
Traders Joes
Tresseme Naturals-old formula

Leave ins:
Diluted KC Knot Today
Paul Mitchell-the Conditioner

Clarifier:
Shea Moisture Purification Mask

Moisturizer:
Very, very diluted Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer and Sheen
Water

Stylers:
Eco pink, olive oil, Argan oil
KCCC
Kera Care Naturals Defining Custard
Camille Rose Curl Maker
Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel

Summertime: Wetline Xtreme, IC Fantasia blue gel, Curls Unleashed Jelly

CaramelLites

Karishma Henna actually corrected my porosity. I hennaed at least twice a mth and voila my hair started absorbing product etc. Of course I had to go and bc that hair on a whim :-(. Now I've started my henna regimen again. I simply hate how I can do my hair in the morning 7 am and at 6pm the product is still visible and hair sopping wet. Can't wait for the porosity issue to be corrected once more. Last time it took about 3 mths of faithfully hennaing to see those results.

Blairx0

I'm natural and a staple for me is Rollerseting! The indirect heat allows my hair to really accept product. I have done it with a vareity of products, but I nearly always get soft hair for a week

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm texlaxed and lately cocoa butter is not working on my hair. My hair used to love it, but as I get more texture, my hair just doesn't feel it. Sadly, my hair like Shea butter now. Another ingredient to omit from future products.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Inphenom hair treatment was a recent hit for me. It really moisturizes the hair. I was worried the amino acid content would hurt my hair but not at all. It was very moisturizing, not too smoothing and I have had soft hair since. And that was 8 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

McQuay30

I need a detangling moisturizing conditioner and leave in and a sealant, Any advice is appreciated.

faithVA

Anyone having any luck with using clays?

I like clays but I have found for my hair to use them sparingly, which right now is 1x a quarter. However, I was using one that was very alkaline and it was too much for my hair on a regular basis. I would suggest making using it like a shampoo and not letting it sit too long on the hair.

I found that they clean very well and leave my hair feeling moisturized and soft.

divachyk

blackeyes31626 I've been using Elucence Acidifying - clarifies and chelates. Gets the job done but I don't believe I'm in love. I will be looking for an alternative -- preferably a brand that's available at Sally's or the local BSS. The Elucence is a sample given to me by a dear LHCF buddy.

divachyk

Mixing evoo and honey to all DCners no matter cheapie or quality
Annabelle's Perfect Blends White Chocolate & Blueberry Cheesecake DCners

brownsuga_91

Shampoos- Elasta QP Moisturizing Shampoo, Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo- for breakage

Moisturizing Conditioners- Treseme Naturals with Yogurt, Honey and EVOO, Hello Hydration with the same ingredients

Protein treatments/Conditioners- Motions CPR- hard protein but also very moisturing, Aphogee 2 step, Aphogee 2 minute

Leave ins- Neutrogena Tripple Silk, Paul Mitchell the Conditioner

Moisturizers- As I am double butter cream, curl enhancing smoother-- only with certain products

Oils- Jojoba, Almond, JBCO ONLY for my edges

Green tea rinse for growth and black tea rinse for breakage

Mix of Megatek and Castor oil applied to my edges and areas where growth is slow, pretty much a whole section of hair in the front between my ears

Last edited:

jennwantslonghurr

Mixing evoo and honey to all DCners no matter cheapie or quality
Annabelle's Perfect Blends White Chocolate & Blueberry Cheesecake DCners

Gotta try this again. First time was a fail... Perhaps the difference is I didn't steam so the honey harden a bit. Ever since, I use my honey mix as a pre poo.