Soybean oil-tried something different......

MissM

/images/graemlins/smile.gifYesterday was wash day for me and I tried a slight variation of my routine. I normally mix olive oil with whatever conditioner I am using, microwave it for 10 seconds and then sit under the dryer and rinse. Well the cheapskate in me got to rumaging in the kitchen and I'm running low on olive oil /images/graemlins/smirk.gif, so I picked up the vegatable oil I cook with. Guess what it's made from? SOYBEAN OIL! Hot digedty!

Well I mixed half of that with half of my Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol and microwaved it and then sat under the dryer. I cannot tell you the 'slip' my hair had after using it. When I sprayed my leave in conditioner on top of it the comb just fell thru my hair! I couldn't believe it. You guys have got to try this! London Diva was right about this soybean oil-I'm sold. This is just the thing I need for this cold Michigan weather!

P.S. I know I was supposed to be posting a list of all my products to show what a PJ I am............well........the procrastinator in me is getting around to it........one of these days......when I won't feel so embarrassed about how much stuff I have /images/graemlins/blush.gif!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Girl, you use Dark and Lovely Cholesterol. I bought some Dark and Lovely Cholesterol yesterday just for the smell of it! It's called Dry Hair Healer and has Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter--but I bought it because it smelled sooooo good. How often do you use your cholesterol. I haven't figured out when I'm going to insert this into my already PJ-friendly regimen.

daviine

A few companies seem to be substituting soybean oil instead of mineral oil which is great since its a vegetable oil. Iimagine its the cheapest one they could afford to use in their products.

As far as the D&L UltraCholesterol., I tried it last night after several years of not using it. I wasn't really ULTRA impressed with the rinse out but my hair dried nicely.

I've been wondering about the Shea Butter one as well.

Back to the topic ,however, are you saying that you got more slip and conditioning from using the soybeam oil as opposed to the olive oil?

Thanks for sharing.

MissM

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Where did you get your Dark and Lovely product from? I've never seen that in the store before, and it's a conditioner? Because I'm a PJ, I don't really use much of anything regularly, just until the new product high wears off then you know I'm onto to somethin else! But I really did like this mix of the soybean oil and the Dark and Lovely stuff, I'm really trying to keep my hair in primo shape for my wedding in March. Hopefully I should be able to grow another two inches by then and with this harsh weather I need all the moisture I can get.

MissM

Daviine, yeah I wasn't all that impressed with the Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol used alone either, which is why my jar has been collecting dust (among the other unused stuff). But yeah, this really did moisturize my hair. I shampoo with my Cream of Nature dry, brittle formula shampoo, and then I mixed this up and sat under the dryer for half an hour reading. I've been searching for something to give me slip and this seemed to do it. The leave in conditoner I'm currently using is Motions Nourish Leave in Conditioner, which by it'self is ok.

daviine

I use the UltraMoisturizing Creme of Nature as well. Thats about the only constant thing in my life.......it's been almost ten years now. That's scary.

I used to love the UltraCholesterol in high school but who knows what that was in comparison to back then. It didn't harm my hair but I basically wanted to retry it. I figured it would be a good conditioner for when I'm in a rush but I have two of those already....

As soon as I find my calendar, I'll schedule that experiment in! It won't be soybean oil but I'll add an oil in (although my cousin does buy soybean oil by the gallonS---I'm sure she'll give me an ounce or so).

Thanks for sharing.

LondonDiva

Miss M. I'm glad the SBO worked for you. I like the fact that my hair doesn't drink it up like most oils does and can still feel it on my hair at the end of the day. I've had the best shine and feel to my hair this week since using it and had the most compliments on my hair this week. The ORS Natures shine is an excellent spray that contains it also and I spray it daily and also as a detangler before a hair wash. Yes, you're right the slip it gives the hair is great.

I'm glad these companies are jumping on th SBO bandwagon. Oils like Olive Oil are way too heavy for my hair. This stuff is perfect.

ms_kenesha

I once bought some Soybean Oil from FNWL and it is a great inexpensive aka <font color="red">CHEAP </font color> oil. I highly recommend it and now I'm about to order me some to add to my conditioners. Oh, I also use the Soybean Oil as a body oil as well!!!