Soybean oil- Do you use it? Avoid it?

fluffylocks

Its the ingredient of crisco oil-

When I stopped using mineral oil, I started using soybean oil because I saw that it was in most products like mineral oil, and was around the same price range.

I know it doesnt contain properties like olive, coconut, jojoba, castor oils ect.-

But I was wondering if anyone uses soybean oil just for the sake of needing/using an oil.

lilsparkle825

I have a jar of it that I bought along with palm oil and avocado oil. I have heard good things about it. I purchased it for the purposes of putting it in my DCs, but haven't yet bc I have so many other oils.

"Moisture is one of the major benefits that soybean oil provides. Dry hair thirsts for moisture and oils penetrate deep into the hair cuticle. This can be used as a deep conditioning treatment once or twice each week. Your hair will be hydrated and more manageable. Soybean oil is also very nourishing because it contains vitamins and other nutrients. The lipids in the soybean help the nutrients to penetrate deep. Hair thrives off of nutrition, and feeding it with soybean oil can improve softness. The properties within the soybeans do more than just help hair maintain moisture. As you use soybean oil, over time you will also notice that this healthy oil strengthens your locks. Soybeans are dense and loaded with protein."

Read more: Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5798238_benefits-soybean-oil-hair.html#ixzz0vybNvwx2

virtuenow

I think soybean oil is the first ingredient in alot of Carol's Daughters hair products. She has a more natural hair care line, but I've never actually used the products. I would love to hear some good reviews on them. I couldn't find too many on here.

naturalTAN

I used some on dry hair to twist and it left me with very soft twists. I was able to detangle dry hair with ease with it on. The only negative would be that it didn't absorb very well which could be attributed to the fact that it can't be absorbed :lachen: or that I used a lot.

I'd give it a B+ as far as oils go though. Plus it's cheap and easily accessible.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have a product called Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Pres which has Soybean oil as the main ingredient. I use it for flat ironing my hair or styling in twists. It gives my hair lots of shine and moisture.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

naturalTAN

I have a product called Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Pres which has Soybean oil as the main ingredient. I use it for flat ironing my hair or styling in twists. It gives my hair lots of shine and moisture.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

My hair is blinging right now. It seems like it's giving me more shine than the serums that usually dry my hair out.

mizspecialk

Most of us probably are using soybean oil on our hair and don't even know it. Since mineral oil has gotten a bad repuation many companies that manufacture hair products for african americans have replaced it with soybean oil. The next time you go to the beauty supply store or the ethnic hair care section of your local market look at the labels on the hair moisturizers and you'll notice that a lot of them have soybean oil listed as the main ingredient.