Soultanicals Reviews

myronnie

IDareT'sHair

Argh, well I guess I won't go back to Kizuri then..my baby Hair Dew does me right for moisture :D
I saw you didn't really like the Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla? What happened with that one?

Imma have to do a small prayer each day to ensure my Soultanicals gets here without any problems :(

Hattache looks promising..if only they had Oyin!! WAH! All the sales are really good this year though :D

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
myronnie

I don't want to Hijack this ST'icals Thread, but I thought the Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla is just fine. It reminds me of SD's Mocha Silk (identical in fact).

It's good with me.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I wanted to try the Knot Sauce and Marula Muru. I didn't want to order from the vendor, so I placed an order with Foxy Mango. They give you up to three free samples of your choice as well. I ordered Friday, my items were shipped a couple hours later and I will receive my products on Monday. They have a slight markup and not all the products, but it is better than waiting 2 months.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Soultanicals products + eco styler gel = flakes of white product snow cascading down your shoulders

After this mishap I washed and clarified my hair and tried again.

I used the Detangling Kink Drink to well...detangle. This is the best smelling product of her entire line kind of marshmallow and cotton candy scent.
It does a good job of detangling. It dries super quick. Almost too quick to detangle 10 inches of hair. Slippery Elm is one of the primary ingredients and you can really feel it in the sticky/tacky way when the product dries. I'll use this until it's gone don't think I'll repurchase.

Added some Curl Blaze which is a very light hold gel. Too light for my thick type 4 hair. If you have fine or type 3 hair this may you give you adequate hold. It smells like an earthy herbal cough syrup, but it's not a lingering smell. (I actually smelled a bottle of Robitussin to compare.) It looks and feels like mucus. That said, I think it's a better detangler than the Kink Drink. I was able to use a finger dab of product to comb through each section of my hair easily. It also doesn't dry instantly. This product would be great to use to take down braids or twists. I don't know if I'll repurchase yet.

I used the Double Dutch Hair Yum to seal. If there is such a thing as white chocolate, caramel, whipped cream bubble gum with a hint of shea butter, then it would smell like this product. It is a butter that turns to oil when you rub it between your fingers. It's not greasy which is a plus and my hair seemed to drink it at first contact. It's also good on the body. Probably wouldn't buy it again because I have plenty of items that do the same thing.

I cornrowed my hair in the back and flat twisted the front of my hair because I needed something to leave out to blend with my Finger Comber wig. When I unraveled the twists the next morning, they were shiny and defined. Later in the day the area was frizzy which still blended with the wig but it definitely displayed that the gel doesn't have enough hold for me.

toaster

My products arrived on Tuesday. I picked them up today. I don't like having a ton of product open at one time but I put my open products in the fridge and I will use the Soultanicals products (kinky kink drink, knot sauce, and marula muru) this week.

toaster

My first impressions after using my Soultanicals products on damp hair after rinsing a DC:

Kink Drink: I sprayed it onto each section of my hair and promptly sneezed. My nose finds all of her smells overbearing and kind of gross, and I usually like strong, sweet smells. It makes me wonder if my batch may be a little off. Anyway, I sprayed a few pumps on damp hair and ran my hands down the length of my hair. Rough rough rough. And doesn't feel particularly moisturizing.

Knot Sauce: The smell is also overpowering and doesn't mix well with the kink drink. Didn't apply with any sort of slip and my hair felt... more dry.

Marula Muru: Is everyone else's super liquidy? I noticed this yesterday when I went to smell the product (again, yuck) but I didn't expect it to be flying around my bathroom as I applied. Went on rough and my hair felt super dry while still being damp, if that makes sense. I put this product in the fridge with hopes that it thickens up. If not, it should definitely be in a bottle. It's thinner than the Knot Sauce!

Overall: Yuck. I'll take down my hair tonight and maybe it will feel super moisturized and soft. If not, I'll try the products on dry hair and see if they do something better. I like for my products to provide instant moisture and slip on application. This may be a personal preference but I've found products that work the way I want, I just wanted to have a few more staples in rotation.

I really hope these smells don't linger. As I turn my head I get a whiff and it's not cute.

Hibiscus30

OMGosh! I was so disappointed in that Marula Mura I was anticipating a thicker creamy consistency...so not happy with it or the smell! It's not that moisturizing to me or as others have suggested. I really do like the knot sauce I purchased 2 bottles because my niece loves it she's only 10...this was my second purchased. I had only bought the knot sauce since there were raves over it. I also have the HerShea scrub and kink drink...haven't tried those yet.

I will say this when I purchased for some reason the price in my cart reflected the discount in addition I used the coupon code (there was a glitch) so she emailed me and didn't invoice me the difference...overall I like knot sauce and since that's about it so far I think I might try to purchase from Foxy Mango in the future...because her shipping is whack!...crazy long!

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My marula is liquidy as well and I can't get with the smell either. I've been saying that since I got it and have not used it but once bc of that God awful smell. Plus its too runny for my liking! It didn't moisturize my hair at all. I will say it again I like the knot sauce better.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HanaKuroi

I only liked the afrotastic something. But I don't know if I really liked it or my hair was simply well balanced when I used it.

The hersheys scrub has leaked in the box when I ordered it as did the replacement. It was okay.

Scalp scrub was nothing special. Nothing you can't make or buy elsewhere.

Kink drink hmmmmm, might be okay but her stuff turns stinky too quickly. I only used it a few times before the smell.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

myronnie

Si I made another spritz with knot sauce..detangls ok..makes my hsor crunchy but curls were defined..but my curls are easy to define generally.

sparkle25

Does the knot sauce have some type of hold to it? Like is it more of a styler? I was eying it but I really am not interested in styles at all. I need to get my moisture right before I even think about styling. My Darcy's botanicals isn't really working for my hair anymore.

toaster

Okay, finishing up my first impression reviews!

I took down my bun from this morning and my hair was soft. Very soft. I decided to moisturize my hair for the night, so I dampened it with the kink drink, and applied tiny amount of the knot sauce and marula muru. Instantly upon applying my hair felt rough and dry again. Looking at the ingredients on all three products I'm wondering if I have some sort of aversion to aloe juice and/or flaxseed gel? I'm happy my hair was soft tonight but I don't like the rough feeling of application. I have to be extra careful with my strands when the product has no slip so I don't have any mechanical breakage.

Putting the marula muru in the fridge just made it a cold liquid as opposed to a room temperature liquid.

I'm going to use these products twice a day for a week to see if I have any sort of reaction (positive or negative) towards them.

Will use up. Will not repurchase. I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to LOVE these products, but everything is not for everybody.

I hope you all are loving your Soultanicals and I hope the shipping process gets better so many of you can repurchase!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Got my goodies from Foxy Mango. My Marula Muru is a cream...a light cream, not liquidy at all :look: It smells a little like bananas to me. I will probably try my products next wash or cowash day.

toaster

Froreal3 I was just watching some videos and it seems like everyone else's Marula Muru is a cream! I'm kind of sad. Looking at the comments I did see some people say that their product was a liquid as well.

Hmph. Want to trade? :look:

Crackers Phinn

Marula Muru: Is everyone else's super liquidy? I noticed this yesterday when I went to smell the product (again, yuck) but I didn't expect it to be flying around my bathroom as I applied.

So as I'm reading this, I go to open up my container of Marula Muru and as soon as it was open I got a splatter full right on my blouse.

And it smells like rancid bananas. There's no banana in the ingredients though.

Was I supposed to put all this stuff in the refrigerator?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3 I was just watching some videos and it seems like everyone else's Marula Muru is a cream! I'm kind of sad. Looking at the comments I did see some people say that their product was a liquid as well.

:lol: We'll see how I like it.

So as I'm reading this, I go to open up my container of Marula Muru and as soon as it was open I got a splatter full right on my blouse.

Seems like she has consistency issues. :nono:

Hibiscus30

I used this again earlier...I just can't with the smell! Its about to go
down the garbage disposal! Goodness! I tried and really wanted to like it! I watched those reviews on YouTube it's like I have a whole nother product all together! ...Will enjoy the knotsauce! Oh she sent a sample of the Afrotastic or is Froratastic...lol anywho I like it on my 4 hair. Can't fool up with it though afraid to like her stuff. But I will consider Foxy Mango in the future!

HanaKuroi

She has PRESERVATION issues. The preservative that she uses doesn't preserve long. I have had bulging, stinky, UNOPENED containers after only a month sitting on my shelf, in Alaska. Where my bathroom was freezing cold. Like a refrigerator.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:

natura87

Mine is somewhere between a liquid and a cream. I just expect the variance becuase Curlypad/Ashkins Curls on YT said her Double Dutch Hair yum is a soft butter..LIES!! LIES I TELL YOU!!! I have a BRICK!!

Lita

Both of my Marula Mura,are creamy..Maybe they changed something..I don't know.

Happy Hair Growing!

toaster

I'm going to use my products as well. I just don't feel like wasting money if they're not making my hair break off. I try to keep my unopened handmade products in the refrigerator but once opened I keep them in my bathroom. If the products can't last 4 weeks then I don't want it.

This far it seems once the products dry my hair feels soft. Still don't like how they feel upon application. Oh well.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
If I do continue to use the marula it will be to detangle my girls hair.. .maybe! I just can't get over the smell!!! And is it supposed to go in the fridge?

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Crackers Phinn

Mine is somewhere between a liquid and a cream. I just expect the variance becuase Curlypad/Ashkins Curls on YT said her Double Dutch Hair yum is a soft butter..LIES!! LIES I TELL YOU!!! I have a BRICK!!

Now see my DDHY is very soft. I imagine I could stick my finger all the way down to the bottom of the container with very little effort.

I didn't plan on re-ordering but this seals it for me. I don't like having to depend on luck to get a consistently made product.

toaster

HairPleezeGrow

I'm not sure if the product is supposed to be stored in the refrigerator. I would imagine that if you're going to use it up in about 6 weeks or so it shouldn't need to be kept cold. I'm not anti-preservative and need my opened products to last at least 2 months, so hopefully the Soultanicals products will last.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So I looked at mines today and it turned into a cream....so Im assuming the Texas heat liquefied the product and it had to set back up. Its also white which it wasn't when I first got it. I'm glad its seems fine now. Plus the smell isn't as horrible lol.

Hibiscus30

So I looked at mines today and it turned into a cream....so Im assuming the Texas heat liquefied the product and it had to set back up. Its also white which it wasn't when I first got it. I'm glad its seems fine now. Plus the smell isn't as horrible lol.

I noticed that too well I had mine in the refrigerator. Before I tossed it I decided to wait and see what happens it is thicker...I still don't care for the scent but it's not as strong rancid banana stink as when I first received it. I will keep it give it a try...I guess! You know it's nice these vendors add fragrance but not every product need a fragrance. Especially one that smells like blackbrown bananas! Lol

*Frisky*

Dang yall got me scared to open my package hahaha...I received it yesterday and I ordered on 11/12..I ordered the Knot sauce and Afrotastic Curl Elastic...will try and use this weekend to see how I like them.