Sometimes He Uses the Little Things!

Mocha5

So this morning as I'm unloading the boys to catch the school bus, my middle son looks up at me with his huge eyes and cute lil' smile and says, "Mommy, I forgot my bookbag." So I'm looking at him and I'm looking at the clock. I'm thinking to myself there is no way that I'll make it back in time. So I tell him ok, mommy is going to go and get it. If I don't make it back in time then I'll just bring it to school. Beause afterall, there's no way that I can send him to school w/o his curvy vs. straight assignment and his snack, right?

The clock says 7:59. The bus comes at 8:01. We don't live far from the bus stop but with morning traffic a 2 min. drive is unheard of not to mention the extra time it'll take to go inside and get it.

So I leave my babies at the bus stop (which I never do, mind you) but, hey, this bookbag as well as its contents is pretty darn important.

I'm like Lord, please let me make it back in time. So I'm driving. :driver: I make every light. I pull right in my driveway, jump out the truck, grab the bookbag, make every light back and pull up just in time to throw the bag at a child who's boarding the bus to give to my son. Yes! Success! i made it!

On the way home, I'm thinking, "Wow! Lord, you are so good! Thank you so much!" And all of a sudden I'm overcome with so much love and adoration for Him that I'm crying like nobody's business and I could literally feel my heart swelling with love for Him.

I'm really feeling super silly. I'm like ok, Kim, it's just a bookbag. But was it really? Isn't this really the way God would have us feel about everything that He does for us? Well, it's just a little after noon here and I'm currently on my 3rd cry regarding this bookbag. God used something as small as a bookbag to teach me a HUGE lesson. For, today, I learned the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

Nice & Wavy

So this morning as I'm unloading the boys to catch the school bus, my middle son looks up at me with his huge eyes and cute lil' smile and says, "Mommy, I forgot my bookbag." So I'm looking at him and I'm looking at the clock. I'm thinking to myself there is no way that I'll make it back in time. So I tell him ok, mommy is going to go and get it. If I don't make it back in time then I'll just bring it to school. Beause afterall, there's no way that I can send him to school w/o his curvy vs. straight assignment and his snack, right?

The clock says 7:59. The bus comes at 8:01. We don't live far from the bus stop but with morning traffic a 2 min. drive is unheard of not to mention the extra time it'll take to go inside and get it.

So I leave my babies at the bus stop (which I never do, mind you) but, hey, this bookbag as well as its contents is pretty darn important.

I'm like Lord, please let me make it back in time. So I'm driving. :driver: I make every light. I pull right in my driveway, jump out the truck, grab the bookbag, make every light back and pull up just in time to throw the bag at a child who's boarding the bus to give to my son. Yes! Success! i made it!

On the way home, I'm thinking, "Wow! Lord, you are so good! Thank you so much!" And all of a sudden I'm overcome with so much love and adoration for Him that I'm crying like nobody's business and I could literally feel my heart swelling with love for Him.

I'm really feeling super silly. I'm like ok, Kim, it's just a bookbag. But was it really? Isn't this really the way God would have us feel about everything that He does for us? Well, it's just a little after noon here and I'm currently on my 3rd cry regarding this bookbag. God used something as small as a bookbag to teach me a HUGE lesson. For, today, I learned the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

Thanking Him indeed...even for the small stuff!!!

eyunka

Wow great story

Lady Esquire

THANK YOU! This story made me smile. This morning, I dropped off my two daughters: one at preschool and the other at her elementary school. I drive back home and then I get a phone call. On the other end, its my 9-year-old's sweet little voice.

"Mommy?" she asked.
I replied, "Yes mama." (I call 'em little mama or mama...its a Carribbean thing...sign of affection).
"I forgot my instrument. Can you bring it for me in time for band this morning?"
"Sure. I'll be there in a minute. Okay?"
"Thanks Mommy." and I could hear her smiling.

I rush. Get there. Drop off the flute at the front office. Get back home. Phone rings again, and its my husband. I tell him how sweet are kids are and how its little things like these that makes me happy that I am a SAHM right now. And how I should enjoy it cause I plan to go back to work late 2008.

I say to him, "It's a nice feeling to be home for my kids and do these little things for them."

He replies, "It'll probably be better when they have a mother who works."

I said, "We'll I felt great that I can do small little things for my kids. And they know that I am always here." And then I hang up.

He calls back, "Babe, I'm coming home for lunch an early today. Ya think you could fix me lunch by 10:30?" I said, "Sure" and hung up.

He calls back, "You were right. It is great that you're home, cause you take good care of ALL of us. And I was insensitive to say that."

From that point on, he's probably called me a million times. Sometimes I miss the working world, but I know that right now, my family is enjoying my presence and I think it has been a time to grow closer and it is through small things like today....I get emotional and thankful for him giving me the opportunity and privilege to be blessed and be a blessing.

Thanks OP for sharing.

Mocha5

THANK YOU! This story made me smile. This morning, I dropped off my two daughters: one at preschool and the other at her elementary school. I drive back home and then I get a phone call. On the other end, its my 9-year-old's sweet little voice.

"Mommy?" she asked.
I replied, "Yes mama." (I call 'em little mama or mama...its a Carribbean thing...sign of affection).
"I forgot my instrument. Can you bring it for me in time for band this morning?"
"Sure. I'll be there in a minute. Okay?"
"Thanks Mommy." and I could hear her smiling.

I rush. Get there. Drop off the flute at the front office. Get back home. Phone rings again, and its my husband. I tell him how sweet are kids are and how its little things like these that makes me happy that I am a SAHM right now. And how I should enjoy it cause I plan to go back to work late 2008.

I say to him, "It's a nice feeling to be home for my kids and do these little things for them."

He replies, "It'll probably be better when they have a mother who works."

I said, "We'll I felt great that I can do small little things for my kids. And they know that I am always here." And then I hang up.

He calls back, "Babe, I'm coming home for lunch an early today. Ya think you could fix me lunch by 10:30?" I said, "Sure" and hung up.

He calls back, "You were right. It is great that you're home, cause you take good care of ALL of us. And I was insensitive to say that."

From that point on, he's probably called me a million times. Sometimes I miss the working world, but I know that right now, my family is enjoying my presence and I think it has been a time to grow closer and it is through small things like today....I get emotional and thankful for him giving me the opportunity and privilege to be blessed and be a blessing.

Thanks OP for sharing.

Nope it's not. Me and a few of my friends call our daughters "Mama." :yep:
That was a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Eyunka: Girl, I don't know about the crazy and cool part but you're definitely looking sexy in your siggy! :grin:

dreamer26

Great sorry ladies and it doesn't stop. My son is in his last year of high school. He's 17 and we got dressed for church and normally he goes casual in the youth services well Sunday he dressed it up and I tell you when I look out in the audience at church he was sitting in the main sanctuary and praising God, I tell you I lost it and i just praised and thanked God for having a son that will worship him, that's respectful and trying to do the right things.

I mean I just cried and cried and I know the saints around me thought either I was really going through something or coming out, but I was really just crying tears of joy because God is just so good.

I believe God loves it when we appreciate the little things.

Thanks for this thread.

chicacanella

Awww Mocha and E, your stories litterally made me cry. One tear straight down my right eye. It was very touching and it is good to see how God works in our lives with the simpelest things. you would think, why would God care about me and my son's back pack or my exams or as E was talking about, her daughter's flute. But it is amazing that even the most minute things, he cares about. Now that is a truly loving and awesome God!:yep:

Makes me proud to be his servant and child!

chicacanella

Great sorry ladies and it doesn't stop. My son is in his last year of high school. He's 17 and we got dressed for church and normally he goes casual in the youth services well Sunday he dressed it up and I tell you when I look out in the audience at church he was sitting in the main sanctuary and praising God, I tell you I lost it and i just praised and thanked God for having a son that will worship him, that's respectful and trying to do the right things.

I mean I just cried and cried and I know the saints around me thought either I was really going through something or coming out, but I was really just crying tears of joy because God is just so good.

I believe God loves it when we appreciate the little things.

Thanks for this thread.

That is sooo awesome! To see young people in that age range where the world really trys to get a hold of them, praising God.

I mean, I have come to the point of realization that all this other stuff that seemed to be so important doesn't even matter.

I used to feel uncomfortable praising God or lifting my hands up to Him in church but that was because my mind and spirit were not in the right place. But when I began to align my life with God's Word and do His will, and actually recognize how He is good and worthy to be worshipped, my whole persona changed. It was like the light shining upon me and helping me to realize his goodness and not that people were around watching or could see me. That really doesn't matter because who are they but people? I mean, God is God and why else would you come to fellowship and into the house of God and not praise Him. Doesn't make sense to m.

shalom

Thanks for sharing the little things ladies.

I signed off yesterday cause I was in tears looks like I'll be doing it again today.:grin:

mrsmeredith

So true, the blessing is that you saw the little thing. Sometimes we miss the little things and they are just as awesome. That is a wonderful testimony. THanks for sharing

chinadoll

I have to share a story. It doesn't involve kids but it means alot to me. My family and I was driving on I-75 to Fort Myers, and the highway is surrounding by fields and trees. There was a section of the field that was on fire. It was a big fire because the smoke was going in the air and making the road look foggy. I was upset because this fire has been going on for months, and no one did anything. I know it's just a field but it's home to animals and can grow crops. I decided to pray about it, saying "God I don't care how you do it, but please show me your powers and take away this problem". Two weeks later I went back to Fort Myers, and while driving over there, I remembered my prayer. So i was busying looking for the fire and it was gone. The field looked black but at least the fire was gone. It was weird to me because I don't remember it raining. I don't know how God did it, but it shows that I should never doubt God and the power that prayer has. Thank you for reading and God Bless....

Last edited: