HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

Honey6928215

For the passed two weeks I've been taking the bus downtown to go to class. Everyday I walk down the street to catch the bus. During this time a neighbor who is a middle aged man is usually outside working in his yard. He's a nice gentlemen and I speak to him. But for the pass week he's been asking, 'Have I given your life to Christ?' He kind of caught me off guard. I was like 'Huh?' I knew what he asked but I wanted to make sure I'm hearing right. He repeated the question. I asked him 'Why does he want to know?' Now ladies don't get me wrong, I know Jesus Christ has died for my sins and he's my Lord and Savior but I have never been approached like this by anyone.

After I asked him that question, he said that 'the Lord told me to talk to you and asked you give your life to him and your life will be abundant.' Mind you this man has been stopping me every morning asking me have I considered his offer. I have missed the bus twice because I end up talking to him and plus I don't want to be rude either.

My question is has anyone ever approach you like this? If so, what was your reaction or response? How did you handle it? Not trying to say it's a bad thing but I have been burned by so-called Christians so I'm kind of leery.

Hey Darlin'....

Your neighbor........He's an angel with a message for all of us who call Jesus our Lord.

Sometimes we 'all' think we've given our lives to Jesus Christ. But have we really? This applies to each and everyone of us...'have we really given our lives to Jesus Christ...completely.

I know for a fact that I haven't. Am I still unfocused upon Him or am I'm more focused upon something that is sin. Ahhh yes, I am. And I have to re-group and ask myself, 'Lord, have given this part of me to you?" "Do you have this entire life of mine?" No, I know that Jesus does not have my all. And for me to say that He does would be a horrid lie.

There's too much of 'me' in my life. Way too much. And to be honest, each of us can admit to this very same thing. Too much of 'us' and not enough of Jesus is in our lives and it needs to change.

No wonder God's heart gave us this grace..."He is perfecting all that concerns us." (Psalm 138). And 'He who has BEGUN a good work in 'us' will continue to do so until the day of Jesus Christ.

Granted your neighbor is only speaking what we ALL need to hear every single day of our lives. ;)

Have I, 'Shimmie' given my life to Jesus Christ? No, I haven't and it's long overdue.

Honey6928215, I could not thank you more for sharing this message. It's excellent. Your daily walk to the bus is a 'walk' for all of us.

God bless you ;)

Shimmie said:
Hey Darlin'....

Your neighbor........He's an angel with a message for all of us who call Jesus our Lord.

Sometimes we 'all' think we've given our lives to Jesus Christ. But have we really? This applies to each and everyone of us...'have we really given our lives to Jesus Christ...completely.

I know for a fact that I haven't. Am I still unfocused upon Him or am I'm more focused upon something that is sin. Ahhh yes, I am. And I have to re-group and ask myself, 'Lord, have given this part of me to you?" "Do you have this entire life of mine?" No, I know that Jesus does not have my all. And for me to say that He does would be a horrid lie.

There's too much of 'me' in my life. Way too much. And to be honest, each of us can admit to this very same thing. Too much of 'us' and not enough of Jesus is in our lives and it needs to change.

No wonder God's heart gave us this grace..."He is perfecting all that concerns us." (Psalm 138). And 'He who has BEGUN a good work in 'us' will continue to do so until the day of Jesus Christ.

Granted your neighbor is only speaking what we ALL need to hear every single day of our lives. ;)

Have I, 'Shimmie' given my life to Jesus Christ? No, I haven't and it's long overdue.

Honey6928215, I could not thank you more for sharing this message. It's excellent. Your daily walk to the bus is a 'walk' for all of us.

God bless you ;)

SHIMMMIE! I was hoping you would pop up!

Thanks! Don't get me wrong, this man is very sincere. I have good vibes from him it's just that it's something that doesn't occur to me everyday. He said he gave his life to Christ and things has been wonderful for him. I can see the peace and serenity in his face and smile so I know he's not some 'wanna-be.' I can spot them a mile away.

I have been honest with him, though. I owe him that since he seems to be looking out for me and my spirit. I was wondering is there a reason why he's doing this?

What you think?

Honey6928215 said:
SHIMMMIE! I was hoping you would pop up!

Thanks! Don't get me wrong, this man is very sincere. I have good vibes from him it's just that it's something that doesn't occur to me everyday. He said he gave his life to Christ and things has been wonderful for him. I can see the peace and serenity in his face and smile so I know he's not some 'wanna-be.' I can spot them a mile away.

I have been honest with him, though. I owe him that since he seems to be looking out for me and my spirit. I was wondering is there a reason why he's doing this?

What you think?

Easy, he sees something in you; a 'care' and a burden that you haven't given over to the Lord. The peace that you see in this neighbor...he gave it all up to Jesus. God is reaching out to you for that one thing, whatever it is to give it all to Him. He wants to free you and bless you with something far better, far more, and all in love.

Honey, when I'm in church and the Pastor asks the congregation to turn and ask their neighbor if they know Jesus.....well at first I used to 'half-smile' at them and say yes, and inside I'd be offended, wondering how could they not see 'Jesus' in me. Hmmmmmmmmm, somehow, Jesus wasn't in the 'me' that they were looking at.

We're all saved by grace; that's a given. But did we give Him our lives?

I'm guilty as charged.

Shimmie said:
Easy, he sees something in you; a 'care' and a burden that you haven't given over to the Lord. The peace that you see in this neighbor...he gave it all up to Jesus. God is reaching out to you for that one thing, whatever it is to give it all to Him. He wants to free you and bless you with something far better, far more, and all in love.

Honey, when I'm in church and the Pastor asks the congregation to turn and ask their neighbor if they know Jesus.....well at first I used to 'half-smile' at them and say yes, and inside I'd be offended, wondering how could they not see 'Jesus' in me. Hmmmmmmmmm, somehow, Jesus wasn't in the 'me' that they were looking at.

We're all saved by grace; that's a given. But did we give Him our lives?

I'm guilty as charged.

Same here but I'm confused as well.

Let me put it out there. I've been celibate since 2000 and is fine with it. So I'm fine with NO SEX!! I like doing a lot of things for pleasure like listening to all kinds of music including gospel. I read the bible as often as I can and go to church evnethough I have taken an extended hiatus. Do I have to stuop doing certain things like dancing/listening to secular music (NO HIPHOP), stop drinking champange or wine on occasions, etc. Just asking.

Honey6928215 said:
Same here but I'm confused as well.

Let me put it out there. I've been celibate since 2000 and is fine with it. So I'm fine with NO SEX!! I like doing a lot of things for pleasure like listening to all kinds of music including gospel. I read the bible as often as I can and go to church evnethough I have taken an extended hiatus. Do I have to stuop doing certain things like dancing/listening to secular music (NO HIPHOP), stop drinking champange or wine on occasions, etc. Just asking.

I 'know' that for me personally, that there is 'much' of my life that I have not given over to the Lord. I haven't and I know this without a blink. And it is this way with ALL of us.

Our 'works' do not 'save' us. They cannot for we are not able to be consistant with them. As humans we yield to situations or circumstances that we are presented with. By natural design we 'adapt' to our surroundings, be it internal (emotional) or external (environmental).

Only you can determine what's sin in your life. I have many Christian friends who drink wine and champagne and I do not think less of them; neither does God. BUT the personal issue for me would be 'my witness.' I am neither advocating or judging, but my witness would be in question.

As for Music and Dancing, I'm the last one who could comment, because I am personally involved in the Arts. I've danced since I was a child and while I listen mostly to Worship and Gospel Music, I still listen to jazz and music from other cultures. I am a lifetime student of the Arts. But I still have to be mindful of how I present it...as a witness. I have to make the difference with this gift.

The thing is, you're not being judged. I see this man as God using Him to reach out to you. God hears our prayers and He knows the burdens in our hearts. Many times He is simply reaching out to us and asking us to surrender it all.

As a woman of God, you know the limits of whatever you do. God is simply asking each of us, to come closer to Him. You see, it's the little things we love to do, that keep our attention off of Him, that's all. The little distractions here and there, and Jesus is saying to us, Come closer to me...I care.

We all have something more to give Him of ourselves. All of us. Anyone who says differently, they lie...to themselves and to Jesus.

Thank you so much, Shimmie. I was a little hesitant about posting this because you all may think I'm weird.:lol: But I was curious as to how many of those who experience this. I hope I get more responses from my thread.

Your response is so on point and thank you!!

Honey6928215 said:
Thank you so much, Shimmie. I was a little hesitant about posting this because you all may think I'm weird.:lol: But I was curious as to how many of those who experience this. I hope I get more responses from my thread.

Your response is so on point and thank you!!

I hope that others reply to you as well. But you're still very special even if they do not. God will not fail you with the answers you need. He can't.

Also, you're not crazy, just a beloved daughter of God above who only wants to shower you with His love. It's not the champagne, the wine, the music, the dancing, He judges, instead, it's the consequences he fears for us; should these vices separate us from Him.

Just remember this no matter what. "God's mercies are NEW every morning; great is His faithfulness."

You see each day that we live, we get faced with a new challenge, a 'hit', or something which we try to handle ourselves. Yet God is saying, 'Give it to me...this part of your life, give it to me.

And He always sends an angel to do His bidding...:yep: Yes He really does...we often entertain angels....'Unawares'.

Blessings Little One...;) Let's see who else replies. They'll come. ;)

Back