Solange Inspired Box Braids!!! Self Install Video

trendsetta25

Hey Guys,
I've been wanting to try the box braids Solange has been rocking lately so after I took my install out on Sunday I box braided my hair yesterday. One thing I don't like about these braids is that I braided them too tight :ohwell:
Other than that...I think the braids are a cute summer look. I love the fact that I will be able to oil my scalp and moisturize it when needed.

Check the video out!
http://youtu.be/Ms3V4htSB-s

My Inspiration

My Bug Bun! :grin:

Last edited:

chelseatiara

lol i already saw this vid earlier because im a subscriber :look: i love the look and plan on doin this soon as well!!!

Jewell

I love those braids! this is what I envisioned for myself this winter. Right now I have a set of 2-strand twists using Afro Marley hair, that are abt MBL-WL. My next install will be either more twists w. extensions, or box braids like these! I love the updo she has them in. Im all about big hair like that! Off to watch the vid!

P.S. Op you are so pretty! I love the way your place is designed in the background of the vid too! I did my 1st EVER INSTALL of the kinky twists this past week by adding extension hair (for years I never tried to add hair and could only braid plain natural hair :blush:, but now I know how to intertwine the extension hair w. natural hair and braid)!

I'm so geeked its ridiculous cuz I hate sitting to let others braid my hair...I'm super tender-headed since going natural, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE natural styles like braids and twists (i like to add extension hair b.c. my hair is growing out and I like BIG hair). Your hair is very pretty also!

Your video I'm saving b.c. it will help me improve my technique and help me to braid tighter, which is what I want! Thanks so much!! I forgot my pw for YT but when I find it, I will be subscribing! :yep:

Last edited:

trendsetta25

I love those braids! this is what I envisioned for myself this winter. Right now I have a set of 2-strand twists using Afro Marley hair, that are abt MBL-WL. My next install will be either more twists w. extensions, or box braids like these! I love the updo she has them in. Im all about big hair like that! Off to watch the vid!

P.S. Op you are so pretty! I love the way your place is designed in the background of the vid too! I did my 1st EVER INSTALL of the kinky twists this past week by adding extension hair (for years I never tried to add hair and could only braid plain natural hair :blush:, but now I know how to intertwine the extension hair w. natural hair and braid)!

I'm so geeked its ridiculous cuz I hate sitting to let others braid my hair...I'm super tender-headed since going natural, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE natural styles like braids and twists (i like to add extension hair b.c. my hair is growing out and I like BIG hair). Your hair is very pretty also!

Your video I'm saving b.c. it will help me improve my technique and help me to braid tighter, which is what I want! Thanks so much!! I forgot my pw for YT but when I find it, I will be subscribing! :yep:

Jewell...this is me right not :grin:

thanks so much...i wanted to throw it up in a bun like solange but the braids were too tight...i'll wait till they loosen up a little before i attempt the style.

Leesh

Heyyy @trendsetta25!!! :wave:, Haven't seen you around these parts ina while!

Love, Love, Love the braids!!! :yep: Can you do mine? :grin:

Last edited:

ezina

Love it! Is the kanekalon hair sold at Sally's any good? It's called "Sassy Kanekalon Jumbo Braid".

Also what's a good quality brand of kanekalon hair that I can buy? I'm going to attempt box braids for the first time so I'm not certain about these things. And is it necessary to dip the hair in vinegar? I have distilled vinegar instead of acv. Will that work too? Sorry for hijacking your thread!

SUPER SWEET

They look cute on you... boy you have skills and strong arms & fingers. Whew my arms would hurt from the braiding.They are sore from watchin ya. :up:

g.lo

Hey Guys,
I've been wanting to try the box braids Solange has been rocking lately so after I took my install out on Sunday I box braided my hair yesterday. One thing I don't like about these braids is that I braided them too tight :ohwell:
Other than that...I think the braids are a cute summer look. I love the fact that I will be able to oil my scalp and moisturize it when needed.

Check the video out!
http://youtu.be/Ms3V4htSB-s

My Inspiration

Hey I am already a subscriber to your channel, thanks for the tutorial, and you are sooooo pretty!! keep it up!
check my channel "nappturelle""

gaby

trendsetta25

Love it! Is the kanekalon hair sold at Sally's any good? It's called "Sassy Kanekalon Jumbo Braid".

Also what's a good quality brand of kanekalon hair that I can buy? I'm going to attempt box braids for the first time so I'm not certain about these things. And is it necessary to dip the hair in vinegar? I have distilled vinegar instead of acv. Will that work too? Sorry for hijacking your thread!

i dont think there's a particular brand you can buy (maybe there's some ladies that can help you out with that) as long as it's Kanekalon Hair

My question is...what does dipping your hair in vinegar do? I just moisturized and sealed my hair then braided it with the Outre kanekalon hair. When i was done i dipped the ends in boiling water to keep it from unraveling.

trendsetta25

They look cute on you... boy you have skills and strong arms & fingers. Whew my arms would hurt from the braiding.They are sore from watchin ya. :up:

girl my butt was sore!!!! and i was sooo sleepy (i hung out the night before and had to get up at 7a to drop my sister to the doctor :violin:) There were so many times i wanted to just quit and take a 30 min - 6 hr nap..lol)

@trendsetta25, ummmm...can you do mine? BTW your install looked super real. I was like why is she adding hair to her braids?

lol...thanks! :lol:
It came out so pretty! Subscribing!

aww thank you! :Blush2:

Hey I am already a subscriber to your channel, thanks for the tutorial, and you are sooooo pretty!! keep it up!
check my channel "nappturelle""

gaby

cute channel...subbing :grin:

Last edited:

Simply_elle

LOVE THIS!!!! :yep:

Don't listen to the BF, I love them!! Your so cute in that vid! Any pictures of it in a updo?? Got a boatride coming up and I'm thinking....LOL

Also: Yay for APL!!!

trendsetta25

LOVE THIS!!!! :yep:

Don't listen to the BF, I love them!! Your so cute in that vid! Any pictures of it in a updo?? Got a boatride coming up and I'm thinking....LOL

Also: Yay for APL!!!

@Simply_elle i just posted pics of my hair...i had to sneak these pics in the ladies room:lachen:i had the sink running so my co-worker wouldn't hear the flash noise:lol:

Kerryann

you did a great job lovely but thumbs up to you im getting these braids installed at the end of this month after i take out the ones i have in

but i will be in the salon getting it down not my fingers

Melody.Monroe

Your hair is LOVELY. I just finished watching "Poetic Justice" while braiding my hair (which I am on day 3!! Eek) and remembered how much I love these. You go girl! (In my best Martin impression)!

bronzebomb

I wonder if I can do these on natural hair...

I'd probably have to use Marley Hair.

Very Nice. Great job, are you accepting appointments?

Melody.Monroe

are you going to post pictures???

Yes ma'am I am! Whenever I finish...hopefully I will be finish tonight. Mine are not micros and I have them smaller in the front than in the back because my edges are sensitive and thin. The braids are super long so I am going to spiral them with rods and hot water. I can't wait to show them off actually. But I always do better on other people's hair when it comes to braiding. :ohwell: whomp whomp...