In my box braids 3 days and I already miss my hair!

Smiley79

I am such a certified weirdo! :lol: I've been in my box braids for 3 days and I already miss my hair. Didn't my hair get the memo that we were planning on keeping these braids in for about 2 months!
I'm always miserable the first week or so with braids because they are fresh and delicate, you can't do anything with them...I just wanna fast forward to a month when I can start doing high buns and other fun styles. Until then, I am one miserable-box-braided-natural-chick who's missing her hair!

hnntrr

AHH Me too! I have had my box braids in since Sunday and I miss my hair too hahaha. I can only keep mine in for two weeks at a time though. Keep me updated on styles you do. I always wear them down or in a ponytail.

jazzerz

I'm joining in here. I've only been able to wear them half up and half down.

I did gets lots of compliments on them, so it made me feel better about not being able to see my own hair for the moment.

Kiowa

i took my box braids out after 10 days...I was just miserable, and I know $$$ wasted...:nono::nono:

KinkyRN

I put my own kinky twist in a week ago today and they will be out by Tuesday. I have decided to big chop again.

Smiley79

AHH Me too! I have had my box braids in since Sunday and I miss my hair too hahaha. I can only keep mine in for two weeks at a time though. Keep me updated on styles you do. I always wear them down or in a ponytail.

OMG, we're twins. I got mine done Sunday afternoon. Once I get passed the first few weeks, I'm good. When they are loose enough start putting up, I'm happy. Next time, I want to try washing the braiding hair first because that itch is crazy after I get box braids. :nono:

This solidifies that I want to learn to make my own U-part wigs because that is the best protective styling that gives me daily access to my hair and still gives me the ability to rock various styles. I may have to do box braids only once a year now...maybe I'm getting old and tired of them. :lol:

Last edited:

hnntrr

OMG, we're twins. I got mine done Sunday afternoon. Once I get passed the first few weeks, I'm good. When they are loose enough start putting up, I'm happy. Next time, I want to try washing the braiding hair first because that itch is crazy after I get box braids. :nono:

This solidifies that I want to learn to make my own U-part wigs because that is the best protective styling that gives me daily access to my hair and still gives me the ability to rock various styles. I may have to do box braids only once a year now...maybe I'm getting old and tired of them. :lol:

Aahahah thats so funny and yeah. I think I might need to start washing mine too cause my scalp is like itching something fierce right now. GL with the U parts!! Let me know how they go. I wigged for awhile but I haven't been able to afford another one, but 10 bucks for box braids is good enough for me.

Smiley79

hnntrr. Girl I just applied shea butter and a few drops of peppermint oil to my scalp and now I can finally say that have some relief from the itchy scalp.