Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer

Relentless

Reinventing
I am thinking about purchasing a soft bonnet hair dryer (the one where the cap goes on your head). If you are using one like that, does it dry your hair good and can you recommend a brand?

ThickRoot

Last Spring, I purchased a Gold n Hot Ionic Soft Jumbo Bonnet Dryer. I got it from Sally's, I mostly use it for DC's, but I've used it for rollersets a half dozen times and the results were excellent. It didn't take me longer than an hour which is amazing cause my hair is thick and that's the same amount of time I spend under the dryer at a salon. :yep:

HTH

prospurr4

As I type this, I am using my soft bonnet dryer on a rollerset. It's the only type of hair dryer that I use, because I love the mobility that I have while drying my hair; I have even fallen asleep while using it. The brand is Lady Carel which I highly recommend, because it does a great job and has lasted a long time. I purchased it in '97 or '98 and it's still going strong. Last year (I think), I had to replace the bonnet part of it, though.

I think my dryer is the same one ThickRoot mentioned and I love it. I tend to break out with a rash when I sit under traditional hair dryers so the soft bonnet is perfect for directing the heat to my hair and away from other areas. I've had mine for about 3 yrs and I use it rather often for rollersets, flexi sets, and DCing.

Natural Glow

I had this one

I really like it. My hair would be very soft and shiny. The only problem is the bonnet part tore away from the part that you connect to the tube that the air goes through. It looks like it is a common problem. I did rig it so that it would work but it was a little annoying. I would buy it again though and just be more careful with the plastic bonnet part. Sometimes I get tired of sitting under the Pibb for an hour.

sistatv

BUMP! Any other reccomendations? I'm driving myself crazy looking for this one... Any other ones that work just as well as I've heard this one does?

Help a sista out!

DirtyJerzeyGirly

BUMP! Any other reccomendations? I'm driving myself crazy looking for this one... Any other ones that work just as well as I've heard this one does?

Help a sista out!

I have this one...it's really good. It does get hot, though, so I use the warm setting. You can get it off amazon.com as well. It doesn't take long for my hair to dry, either. It is loud, though.

sistatv

I have this one...it's really good. It does get hot, though, so I use the warm setting. You can get it off amazon.com as well. It doesn't take long for my hair to dry, either. It is loud, though.

Every time I search for it on Amazon it says unavailable:look:.. Can you link me to where you saw it on amazon?