• Gold'n Hot

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss_Jetsetter

maryj1584 said:
ion soft bonnet dryer at sallys is the best. I love it, it drys my hair so fast.

yes, i agree!

I pack mine in my suitcase for all of my trips, so i've been elated that I cfan wash and set while on a Trip. it gets my hair dry very fast as well!!!

trinidarkie1

I have to purchase one,I think I might have to wait till next week when I go to NY to get one, I am soo over my budget right now.

I voted other. I think the best soft bonnet dryer on the market would be the Ion Ionic dryer. It has the most wattage of any soft bonnet, at 600. I don't have this model, though. I voted "other" b/c I have a soft bonnet, which can be attached to a hand held blowdryer. That is what I use. I don't use heat anymore, but if I were, this attachment would give me the best of both worlds: I'd get the air flow and heat/wattage of a blowdryer and the convenience of a soft bonnet. I got it from a BSS for about $4 so it is cheap.
ETA: I use the Ion Ionic blowdryer, so I also get the benefits of ionic drying when I dry my hair too :).

Last edited:

charmtreese

I voted other. I think the best soft bonnet dryer on the market would be the Ion Ionic dryer. It has the most wattage of any soft bonnet, at 600. I don't have this model, though. I voted "other" b/c I have a soft bonnet, which can be attached to a hand held blowdryer. That is what I use. I don't use heat anymore, but if I were, this attachment would give me the best of both worlds: I'd get the air flow and heat/wattage of a blowdryer and the convenience of a soft bonnet. I got it from a BSS for about $4 so it is cheap.
ETA: I use the Ion Ionic blowdryer, so I also get the benefits of ionic drying when I dry my hair too :).

This is what I do. I connect my Conairpro soft bonnet attachment to my Ion Ionic blow dryer. I love this combination. Ive always used soft bonnets to dry with and I find the attachments w/ the blowdryer to be the best.

blueabyss333

Did they discontinue the Ion Bonnet for good or just at Sally's?:wallbash:

ETA: Target has it online ONLY from $34.99.

Last edited:

HappyHairDreams

I know this topic was dead for awhile but I'm a newbie and I have questions - bare with me. SO I looked up the ION soft bonnet drier and stubbled across the Vidal Sassoon Ion Soft Bonnet dryer for the same price as the Gold N Hot one and I was wondering if anyone had tried the Vidal Sassoon one? According to the sites it has 1875W and cold, cool and hot setting w/ hi and low.

silkii_locks

I know this topic was dead for awhile but I'm a newbie and I have questions - bare with me. SO I looked up the ION soft bonnet drier and stubbled across the Vidal Sassoon Ion Soft Bonnet dryer for the same price as the Gold N Hot one and I was wondering if anyone had tried the Vidal Sassoon one? According to the sites it has 1875W and cold, cool and hot setting w/ hi and low.

Hi,
I have one by Select Pro Gold, it's an ionic/tourmaline soft bonnet dryer, (click the link) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6023380
I absoulutely love this thing, the cap is huge so even the large grey rollers fit with room to spare. Dries my hair very quickly and it's not very noisy at all. Check out my roller set album, for my results. HTH

noemi

Hi,
I have one by Select Pro Gold, it's an ionic/tourmaline soft bonnet dryer, (click the link) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6023380
I absoulutely love this thing, the cap is huge so even the large grey rollers fit with room to spare. Dries my hair very quickly and it's not very noisy at all. Check out my roller set album, for my results. HTH

That thang is the whole reason why I'm going to get a Pibbs. Maybe it was a sign but, Sunday when I was DCing, I went to remove the hose from the bonnet and the plastic had melted off the hose!! just the black plastic connecter was attached to the bonnet and the plastic hose was connected to the base. I was then going to get a Mastex heat cap cause I'm content with no heat, but after reading someone review of the Pibbs that said you can DC with it also (for some reason the light bulb just then went off :brainy: ) and I decided right then and there to go with the Pibbs. Plus, when I was roller setting with it it would take 3+ hours and I'd still have damp hair!

Natural Glow

I use to use a Vidal Sassoon Dryer Pro Ionic Soft Bonnet I really loved it. My hair dried soft and shiny but the bonnet SUCKED it got a hole in it and I had to rig it to work. Plus it was hard to get the back of my hair dry.Had to step it up to a Pibbs. I did love the portability of it though.

varaneka

I don't know if cordless heat wraps count, but it is soft. You just microwave it for about a minute and put your hair in a plastic shower cap before placing the wrap over it.

one size fits all, and you can do it while lounging, sleeping, doing chores...whatever

I got mine from Brendita's Body Works. It's on sale!

Nice Lady

I wouldn't get Hot Tools because the cap--doesn't have a replacement but it heats good--I had to Krazy Glue it.

Vintageglam

For London based/ European Ladies the Vidal sasson soft bonnet dryer is fantastic. I have had this one for nearly 4 yrs now. Got it on eBay for like less than 10 quid with delivery back in the day. I think it was a catalogue return or something but it works great and they do get hot. They are now retailing for 35 pounds a piece .... um I wonder if LHFC's have pushed up the price....???

I actually use mine on the cool setting and it takes me exactly 30 - 35 minutes to get my fine 4a/4b hair dry.

I really love this thing. I think I will trade up to a hood dryer tho and keep this one for travelling (i.e. holidays etc).

HTH's

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

've had two Hot n golds. I just got my BayBliss dryer today and I'm under it right now. Sorry back to the question. I loved the soft dryer except the biggest cons for me was 1. drying time was longer, hands down (I have alot of hair), 2. If yo uroller set as your hair gets longer you may out grow the bonnet (this happened to me), and 3. the bonnet and set up it's self the first one just died on me albeit after 3 or 4 years of good use. The second got a hole in the tubing which made it trash. I didn't get a thrid one because the price had gone up (I bought my first for about 23.99 the second for about 32 dollars) the lowest I could find now is 50 buck!
Plus I wanted a faster drying drier so I don't have to sleep with a wet head in the winter. Hope this helps.

LushLox

For London based/ European Ladies the Vidal sasson soft bonnet dryer is fantastic. I have had this one for nearly 4 yrs now. Got it on eBay for like less than 10 quid with delivery back in the day. I think it was a catalogue return or something but it works great and they do get hot. They are now retailing for 35 pounds a piece .... um I wonder if LHFC's have pushed up the price....???

I actually use mine on the cool setting and it takes me exactly 30 - 35 minutes to get my fine 4a/4b hair dry.

I really love this thing. I think I will trade up to a hood dryer tho and keep this one for travelling (i.e. holidays etc).

HTH's

Thanks for this, I was just looking at it. I've seen it for about £23, will definitely purchase. I've just come back from Jamaica, and a portable dryer would have been perfect. Oh well, I will be more prepared for future holidays.

shunemite

I've had the Belson Ionic one (now discontinued) since about 2004/5 ish and I like it. It gets hot enough. In fact, the hot setting is too hot. I usually use it on medium and low/cool. I love love LOVE the fact that I can walk around the house, stand up and do dishes, laundry, whatever, while the dryer is on. I get antsy sitting down. I also like that I can pack it and take it with me when I travel. Jumbo rollers fit just fine. In fact I gave away my hard bonnet dryer like 2(?) years ago and I have never missed it.

baddison

natural for good
Just came back from the BSS and I bought myself a CONAIR Soft Bonner Hair Dryer :yep:

Sure hope I love it :love: like some of you other ladies here

tsturnbu

Just came back from the BSS and I bought myself a CONAIR Soft Bonner Hair Dryer :yep:

Sure hope I love it :love: like some of you other ladies here

let me know how your hair turns out. i want to purchase a soft bonnet dryer too! i treated myself to a salons r us steamer today...want to try my steamer and bonnet together (xmas gift to myself)

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i love my bonnet dryer. i use it on the medium and cool settings, because high is too hot. other than that, i love it. i can be so comfortable using it because i don't have to sit in one spot. i can lie down, or walk around with it. ♥

albane

Following positive review from forum members, I purchased one of those space cosmonaut looking dryer, not the ION one, but one manufactured by a swiss company

But after a few trials, I have stopped using it.

1. Unlike my initial hope, the space under the cap is rather smaller than the professional hard hat dryer I use. In particular, no way to get a head full of 3 inches mag under the oft bonnet. You cannot get your head in and this is a pity, because it would have been easy to manage a detachable part somewhere

2. The drying is significantly slower than the hard hat

3. Even if it seems an improvement to be able to move (not really freely !) in a short radius, the look brings so many comments, that I cannot sustain seing myself in the mirror with that thing around my head. My husband, who is the kindest guy on earth for all what is related to hair care, clearly expressed his view that my natural drying place was under the hard hat and not under this space ship accessory.

We agreed however that I could use it during holiday travels as it is really a small volume box (less than the rollers themelves !).

ladytea

I heart my Carel Soft Bonnet Ionic Dryer made by Helen of Troy. It has 2 MOTORS -- vroom vroom and 800 horsepower -- I mean watts. Needless to say it dries pretty fast. I think it was $45??? at Sally's.

I researched a long time before I got this one. Never been a dryer girl but needed to dry my plaits on natural hair. This wonderful hair took 2.5 hrs to dry relaxed on rollers so you know drying natural in plaits with a creamy leave in was taking dayyyyyyys. I'm pleased.

HTH

Oh and I use the medium setting. Hot is a scorcher.

Last edited: