So...you're having problems with new growth?...Try this...

BAILEYSCREAM

I shampooed my hair yesterday and today with Nexxus Therappe moisturizing shampoo and conditioned it only with Soft and Beautiful Hair Moisturizing Complex (HMC) conditioner. I left it on for 5 minutes under my plastic cap in the shower and then I rinsed it out (even though I didn't want to).

Next I was rummaging in my bathroom cupboard for a moisturizer and I thought :think: Let me try out this conditioner as a moisturizer and see what happens.

So....I squeezed a little conditioner out and worked it into my hair (this conditioner leaves your hair very soft even the new growth) and then I sprayed on some Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner (diluted in a spray bottle) all over my hair and then I combed out gently with my big black comb (use K-cutter also), then sprayed some more leave-in and then gently combed the hair through with a rattail comb (I emphasize gently and this step is OPTIONAL). The comb should go through your hair including the new growth quite easily. Then I put my hair into a ponytail with some hair bands I made by cutting up some old black stockings. I plaited the ponytail and put it in a baggie. Then I put a stocking foot over the baggie, then a scrunchie round it and I was good to go.

Now you can tie your hair down with a satin scarf if you wish or just use the softest (I emphasize softest) boar bristle brush to brush your hair neat only once you have applied the conditioner and leave-in conditioner in your hair. If you're having problems with your edges laying down, just add some more of the Soft & Beautiful HMC.

If you try this out, you will get minimal to no breakage (I mean one or two strands), soft hair and overrall you will save your strands. It also defines your hair depending on your curl pattern. I am now at 10 weeks post and I am finding my hair a lot easier to manage in the 2 phases.

I went out and got 4 tubes of the Soft and Beautiful Hair Moisturizing Complex conditioner today and a few scrunchies for the baggie bun.

A few days ago, I tried Nexxus Humectress conditioner but it doesn't have the same effect because the Soft & Beautiful HMC is a lot more slippery, I find.

You have to try this out, especially if you're trying to stretch your touch-up for any considerable amount of time.

ETA: I'm in the daily washing challenge for April so I anticipate that this is going to work out great, doing this daily.;)

Also, try using a little Care Free Curl Gold Instant Activator with moisturizers & Care Free Curl Gold Hair & Scalp Spray for more moisture and softer hair.:)

PS: Modify as you please.;)

Last edited:

Porsche19

Thanks for the info.

I am a PJ, I'll be looking for this stuff.

Could you post the ingredients?

Also, my tangle saver is Luster's pink revitalex conditioner. I have absolutely no tangles after using it. Thought that I should share too. :)

BAILEYSCREAM

Porsche19 said:
Thanks for the info.

I am a PJ, I'll be looking for this stuff.

Could you post the ingredients?

Also, my tangle saver is Luster's pink revitalex conditioner. I have absolutely no tangles after using it. Thought that I should share too. :)

You're welcome Cinnabuns, Porsche19 & Ashee.:)

I have been scouring the net for the ingredients but I can't find anything (trying to save my fingers) so I'm just gonna type it.

Ingredients: Water (aqua), mineral oil, (parrafinum liquidum), acetamide mea, panthenol, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzedglycosaminoglycans sodium cocoyl collagen amino acids, hydroxyethylcellulose, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, polyquaternium-22, oleth-3 phosphate, sorbitanstearate, methychloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, fragrance (parfum), red 33 (cl 17200), yellow6 (cl 15985).

Here's a little info about the conditioner:

[size=+1]Hair Moisturizing Complex Conditioner[/size][size=-1]
This is the only conditioner with specially formulated Hair Moisturizing Complex (HMC) and Pro-Vitamin enriched oils that leave hair silky, clean and healthy. HMC removes calcium and residues left behind by relaxers, perms, oils, hair sprays, tints, and color treatments. It instantly works to soften hair, increase manageability, prevent split ends, and to help prevent dry scalp.[/size]

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

Dolapo said:
it has mineral oil :(

I know, even I never realised this but a lot of conditioners in my bathroom cupboard do. You'll be surprised. Anyway, I've used it for a few years now. I stopped using it, but then I gave away alot of the stuff that wasn't working for me so now I'm trying new stuff and using old stuff that worked.

Besides, if I remember correctly, I started using it when I used to relax my friend's hair and it takes out all the calcium deposited in the hair from the relaxer. Also I have hard water, so I need it.:)