So...Is Everyone Trying For Bra Strap Length Hair?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I just recently trimmed my hair and I'm aiming for bra-strap length later on next year. My number one priorty for my hair is the health and moisture. I'm focusing on full, healthy, moisturized hair, not so much the length. IMO I think healthy hair will bring length. Also I get split ends and I have layers and I am getting rid of them by trimming a little (from 1 centimeter to an inch, depending on the amount of damage) about every 2-3 months. I also take little baby steps. My current length is about 2-3 inches past my shoulders. By January, at the rate my hair grows, it will be around the middle of my shoulder blades. In April/May, I plan to be around the top of my bra-strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it! I have always told people the same thing!

Islandgirl

My goal is bra strap hair ( was close to it twice, but never took care of my hair properly, so i had to cut it twice). My first goal is shoulderlength and healthy, i think i will get there by december/january/february. After I reach bra-strap i will be HAPPY. if it grows longer, i don't mind, but if it stays stagnant, i don't mind that either, because br strap is my ideal length.

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the standard length ladies? I see that a lot on the site and I also noticed the other night (while watching Girl Friends and a couple of videos), that most of the black actresses have bra strap or past bra strap length hair. Iman was on Oprah the other day and her's appeared to be shoulder blade length, which is my goal. I think that length will still look good on me and versatile. I have lots of layers. Am I the only one who's goal is just shoulder blade length?

http://www.picturetrail.com/stormy357

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair is layered and fine, so my goal is somewhere between shoulder and bra strap, since I'm a little past shoulder. I'd kill for some major fullness, but I think I'm going to be a little disabled because of the layers. I don't know how I'll ever get them out, so I don't guess I will. They've come from years of cutting into a pixie/paigeboy style.....ah well. Praise God that's it's still growing strong, especially with all of the pregnancy shedding. Woo, you don't even want to see it...*gulps* *blank stare*

localhost

My goal is brastrap for now, and I should be there by December. When my hair is wet, I am really really close, sooo, I'm hoping that with my November relaxer I'll be there for sure.

After that, I'll chill on my vitamins for a little while and gear up for my next goal: midback.

Aerie17

I am going for shoulder length to a couple of inches past the shoulder. More hair would be a hassle for me, I think. I am not too far from shoulder length now, but will see when I get there if i want to go further. Bra strap is not for me...

sabie19

I'm going for bra strap lenght hair that is healthy and strong. My hair has even started to grow and I will love to personally think you ladies for this. Ny hair is stronger thicker and longer. The vitamins have helped my hair and I wish I knew about them a few years ago.

Boadicea

Hi Debyjay
You'll get there, girl!

YuNg, I'm sure that with patience, consistency, and protective styling, my hair will grow long as it has in the past. As we speak you and I and millions of other people have sections of their hair that are in the resting phase, but it doesn't last forever
We'll all get there in time

Victorian

old head
Re: So...Is Everyone Trying For Bra Strap Length H

Bra strap length is my first real goal but it's going to take a while to get there. Right now I'm focusing on finding the right regimen and products to keep my hair moisturized and healthy. I chose bra strap as my first big goal because my hair has always been shoulder length or a little longer, but never quite at bra strap. So when I reach that point I'll know that the changes I've made since finding this board have actually helped me to grow my hair longer than I could with my old hair practices. It will be my ironclad proof that my hair does not enjoy being blowdryed every week.

Faith

My first goal was top of bra strap. I surpassed that length and I'm now about 1" past the end of my bra strap. My next goal is waist length. My hair grows sooooooo slowly. I get 1/4-1/3" a month..not much but it adds up if you can take care of it. I had a setback this summer, I got it braided in Ghana and now I know why you all said stay away from "African" braiders. They broke my hair off a lot. I saw 2-4" strands in the braids..broken. So I think I did get more than 4" this year but who knows now.

teenie

My goal is waist length because It's never been that long! I currently have bra clasp length and I dont seem to ever make it past that, I always get a cut or something. So this waist length goal will be a challenge.

ny2atl

Good observation Stormy!
I noticed the same thing. I do think that your goal depends on where you're starting from. If you're starting with short hair, then a reasonable goal would be shoulder length. If you're starting from shoulder or below, then I guess the next measurable goal would be bra strap. There are some ladies who have started with near bra strap and are striving for the next measurable goal which would be waist. I said allll of that to say... guess it depends where you start. That's if you're GROWING your own hair. If you're BUYING, then there is no goal cuz the world is yours (as far as hair length) goes).

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
Good observation Stormy!
I noticed the same thing. I do think that your goal depends on where you're starting from. If you starting with short hair, then a reasonable goal would be shoulder length. If you're starting from shoulder or below, then I guess the next measurable goal would be bra strap. There are some ladies who have started with near bra strap and are striving for the next measurable goal which would be waist. I said allll of that to say... guess it depends where you start. That's if you're GROWING your own hair. If you're BUYING, then there is no goal cuz the world is yours (as far as hair length) goes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point!

Njl730

I'm just trying to grow my hair color out. My hair is at my bra strap and my hair color starts at my shoulders.

ngaa

my goals like quite a few of the ladies here are quite a few. I'm more concerned with the health of my hair than most things

TwistNMx

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also taking little steps at a time...so I'm not aiming for shoulder-length just yet. But should I get there "by accident", I know I won't be complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Nonie,
Ditto. I have to remember that