So I have my hair braided in cornrows and I am wearing a wig

NikkiNee

My hair has been braided for 4 days.. I spray aphogee leave in conditioner in it and I mousiture rize it with cantu shea butter...soo

WHY when I went to rebraided my hair today, my hair midway to the ends felt a little dry and WHY was there so much hairshed!!!:wallbash:

brucebettye

Is this your first time keeping your hair braiding for 4 days? If so since you have not combed your hair their will be alot of shed hairs. Keep in mind we shed an average of 100 hairs a day so don't be sad. Only worry about it if you see alot of broken strands.

southerncitygirl

the avg person can shed 100-200 hairs a day, i wash my hair once a week and wear wigs so its much more than you. also keep in mind as your hair gets longer it will seem like even more hair but won't be.

kandake

Perhaps you may want to try something else to moisturize. From my experience, Cantu can be really drying.

LaToya28

Because both of those leave-ins are protein heavy and probably didn't do much for you in the way of moisture. I would try something more moisturizing.

I currently use straight water for moisture and seal with castor oil. When I take my braids out the hair is really soft and the shed hairs come out with ease.

NikkiNee

ohhh so its probably drying from the leave in and cantu..hmmmm.

thanks for the moisture suggestions..

I would appreciate any other daily moisture product suggestions if possibel!! Thanks

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

i had my cornrows in for a month and took them out, they were quite moisturised. I use my version of moe's growth oil on my scalp, then She Scentit Coco Creme leave in and sometimes I seal it with Avosoya oil or Cocasta oil from hairveda!

hair4romheaven

Try Taliaah Waajid moisturizer I love this stuff. Buy it from CVS so if u dont like it you can return it. This is the only thing my hair doesn't eat up!! LOL

BonBon

Just do the light protien treatment before you go into the braids, then use a moisturising spray. I love African Royale braid spray, my hair stays soft for a few days each time I use it:lick:

LadyPaniolo

I leave my cornrows in for about a month without redoing them... One thing that keeps my hair in great condition while braided is using aloe vera gel/juice. Just pour it over my head and massage it in as best I can, then let it dry.

Also, if you are just spraying the top of the style, esp. if the product is not very watery, it won't sink down to the scalp and moisturize all the hair. You must really drench your head to make sure all the hair is benefiting from the product :yep:

justnotsure

I spray my braids with the GVP Infusium 23 leave in. It works great because it has the consistency of water so it gets down into the braids! I've never had a problem with dry hair and I had a sew in for a little over 3 months. My hair was soft and strong.