So I got my Design Essentials

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I finally received my Design Essentials Products in the mail on Wednesday. Let me tell you guys, Sheldeez....I don't know what to ay about them. They shipped me 2 packages of the Design Essential products. I called them the other day to let them know that I had gotten another email with a different tracking number; they told me that if I do end up receiving 2 packages, then they'll fax me a label so that I could send one back...ok whatever. Anyway, let's just say that I ordered 4 products, but ended up with 8....

Ok, now for the review....

I clarified with my Elucence Volumizing Clarifying Shampoo, washed with the Design Essentials Moisture Retention, conditioned with the Stimulations Conditioner, applied the Theraputics Rx leave-in, and then rollerset my hair with the Masterpiece setting lotion. After my hair dried, I wrapped it.

I would have to say that my results after using these products were okay, I did have a lot of body though. The shampoo was nice, I liked it. The conditioner was okay, it felt like the KeraCare Humecto while rubbing it in my hair, but with the Stimulations, my hair was becoming detangled while rubbing it through (even though I'm not too fond of conditioners with mineral oil). After I washed it out, my hair felt nice, but had somewhat of a rubbery/coated feeling. Anyhoo, the leave-in was quite perfumey, it was okay though. The setting lotion, was okay, but I should have dilluted it. This setting lotion would be perfect for when you want a firm hold for your curls when rollersetting. While rollersetting my hair, I would hear this "squeaking" noise when I rub my hands through my hair. It was that squeaking sound that one would hear while cleaning glass with Windex. After I combed out the curls and wrapped it for about 15 minutes, I combed out the wrap and my hair was actually soft and had a nice amount of body.

It's an okay system, but it's not the best. I'm still gonna give it another try, though. If I decide to stop using it, I will, however, continue to use the setting lotion for wearing curls.

Miss_Jetsetter

Hey TSUPrincess!

Sorry you weren't blown away by it, girl! I can't get enough of their stuff! it seems to be the only sytem that gives me sleek results that last throughout the the week.

Did Sheldeez charge you for the extra shipment they sent?

JLove74

Oh, boy...now I'm scared to use the Split Ends kit that I ordered :eek: .....I planned on using it sometime next week. I'm glad you're going to give it another try.

Does Sheldeez have a return policy if you're unhappy with an item?

Cayenne0622

Sorry to hear that TSU. I was underwhelmed by their products as well. Okay, so I was addicted to their hairspray...I loved it. Held through all kinds of humidity and wasn't so hard that I couldn't comb through it before I went to bed. I also liked their hair serum. I have a full bottle of it and now I'm reluctant to use it again because it is nothing but CONES! My hair needs all of the moisture it can get so I can't have dem cones interfering with that. I will say I was glad to still have the Organic Cleanser and the moisture shampoo when I was trying a new remedy for breakage control but I probably would never order them again.

I hope your next experience with the products brings you a little more satisfaction.

jasmin

I would would leave off the setting lotion and leave-in.

The leave-in is okay. Won't be buying that again. I like Elucence or Keracare leave-in much better.

I use is the moisture retention shampoo (love this), stimulations conditioner which I like but will probably replace and the silk essentials (favorite serum after keracare silken seal). I got better results using Essation moisture sheen conditioner with the DE shampoo.

I'm planning on buying the DE Express conditioner because I have a thing for matching shampoo and conditioners.

rootdeep

:eek: WOW! Sorry that you didnt get the great results you were hoping for. Design Essentials has been the ONLY system used on my hair to get it this healthy and shining! I LOVE THEM :cool:

dynamic1

Sorry you were disappointed. I love most of the DE products. Which 4 products did you order? I recently re-visited my Stimulations because of your ingredients request and wondered why I neglected it under the sink. I am such a PJ. But I loved the results. (I mixed mine with left over 6 N 1 that my stylist gifted).

nadine1977canada

TSUprincess04 said:
I finally received my Design Essentials Products in the mail on Wednesday. Let me tell you guys, Sheldeez....I don't know what to ay about them. They shipped me 2 packages of the Design Essential products. I called them the other day to let them know that I had gotten another email with a different tracking number; they told me that if I do end up receiving 2 packages, then they'll fax me a label so that I could send one back...ok whatever. Anyway, let's just say that I ordered 4 products, but ended up with 8....

Ok, now for the review....

I clarified with my Elucence Volumizing Clarifying Shampoo, washed with the Design Essentials Moisture Retention, conditioned with the Stimulations Conditioner, applied the Theraputics Rx leave-in, and then rollerset my hair with the Masterpiece setting lotion. After my hair dried, I wrapped it.

I would have to say that my results after using these products were okay, I did have a lot of body though. The shampoo was nice, I liked it. The conditioner was okay, it felt like the KeraCare Humecto while rubbing it in my hair, but with the Stimulations, my hair was becoming detangled while rubbing it through (even though I'm not too fond of conditioners with mineral oil). After I washed it out, my hair felt nice, but had somewhat of a rubbery/coated feeling. Anyhoo, the leave-in was quite perfumey, it was okay though. The setting lotion, was okay, but I should have dilluted it. This setting lotion would be perfect for when you want a firm hold for your curls when rollersetting. While rollersetting my hair, I would hear this "squeaking" noise when I rub my hands through my hair. It was that squeaking sound that one would hear while cleaning glass with Windex. After I combed out the curls and wrapped it for about 15 minutes, I combed out the wrap and my hair was actually soft and had a nice amount of body.

It's an okay system, but it's not the best. I'm still gonna give it another try, though. If I decide to stop using it, I will, however, continue to use the setting lotion for wearing curls.

The stylist that I'm going to see uses Design, I had never heard of it until she mentioned it. I haven't a realxer in 7 years so I purchased phyto Index II. I have been wanting to try it since 2002!!! If ever things dont turn out great with Phyto II i will opt for Design...Hoewever I pray the lawd that Phyto II will work.

How do you get your bun so perfect like that??? Are you using a donut foam? How does it work?
:confused:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
To the ladies that asked about Sheldeez, I'm not sure if they have a return policy, but if they do, I would think that it would be a long confusing process :lol:. And they didn't charge anything extra for that 2nd package that they sent. That was a mistake on their part. They don't even know for sure that I got the 2nd package; I called them before my stuff even got delivered. They just said that if I were to get a 2nd package then to let them know. I sorta don't even feel like sending it back, but I might...lol, don't be mad at me.

Nadine, I used 2 trouser socks to make that bun. I have a foam donut but I didn't like the fact that it could soak moisture out of my hair.

JLove, don't be scared to use it. Different products work for different people. As you might see, there are a few ladies on this board who use DE and have great results.

I forgot about the DE Express Conditioner; I don't think that one contains mineral oil, but don't ask how I know because I forgot :lol:

janet

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Dessign Essentials products!! I love the way my hair feels after using the products!! It also gives my hair incredible sheen/shine. My hair was shedding, and it put a stop to my shedding. My hair is bra strap length. It's the best product I ever used!!