So, I finally went to a dominican...with pics :)

ichephren

And the results were fabulous. I am 5mths post relaxer and I wanted to extend my touchup just a tad bit longer, so I went to get a professional blowout. My hair had been prepared with Joico-Kpak a few days before, so I was ready if the hairdresser chose to assault my hair. She did...I got in her chair and she scoffed at me, saying that my hair was too hard to deal with b/ I had so much newgrowth. She shampooed then sat me under a dryer for a deep condition. After rinsing, and applying just a tad bit of salerm and detangling spray, she tried to comb out my hair with a fine tooth comb. Yikes. She ripped out a lot of hair, lemme tell you. At that point, I vowed never to do this again. After my rollers were dry, she blew me out and finished me off with a light flat iron with the CHI. I loved the results. My hair was straight for the first time in my life. It had body and movement, and it was still very full. However, I think my hair will be dry in a few days since she did not put enough leave-in condish before my rollerset.
I will return to her maybe twice a year for just-for-me blowouts. And I'll never go to a dominican when I'm this much post relaxer. Maybe I'll try to learn how to do this myself...off to JenniferMD's album. Otherwise, I'll stick to my rollerset at home where I can detangle by myself.
Meanwhile, there were two black women in the salon with gorgeous hair! Their hair looked like wigs, I kid you not.

Pictures: http://public.fotki.com/ichephren/

preciousjewel76

It looks great! I'd never think you were 5 months post judging by those results!:eek: :D

OT: Cat Eyes, you hair looks so cute in your siggy! What did you do to get it like that?

Allandra

Your hair looks very nice. I'm surprised they used a flat iron since they used the blow dryer. They did a great job straightening your new growth.

Guyaneek

Your hair looks so pretty! The dominicans get it straight like no other but the amount of heat and force they use is so excessive that I can only afford to do it every once in a while.

meaganita

ichephren said:
After rinsing, and applying just a tad bit of salerm and detangling spray, she tried to comb out my hair with a fine tooth comb. Yikes.
Fine Tooth Combs? Why? Why do stylist use those??? I can see if they're making a part or perfecting the finishing touches on a style...But WHY use it for comb outs? Especiallly when the hair is wet???:confused: