Garnier Fructis - Are Transitioners using this? Results?

naturalmanenyc

My line of demarcation is becoming increasingly difficult to handle at 35 weeks post.

I have Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine conditioner and it's doing NOTHING for my hair. I keep hearing good things about Length & Strength conditioner and leave-in, Hydra Curls aka Curl & Shine conditioner & leave-in and also the new Strength & Repair line.

Anyone have good results with these products or any other Garnier products on transitioning hair?

Thanks!

naturalmanenyc

I decided to pick this up on Wednesday and found it on sale at riteaid ($5 rebate with purchase of 3 Garnier products). CVS did not have the line nor did Duane Reade and Target was sold out ($2.99 sale).

I used the new line, strength & repair, Thursday and today and am having good results. Detangling has been a breeze - even at the line of demarcation (I'm 36 weeks post). I bought the conditioner ($3.50) which came with a 2 oz sample of poo & conditioner and I also bought the melting masque ($3.50) and a leave-in (length & strength Weightless Anti-Split Ends Treatment for $6.99). Prices are before the $5 rebate.

skipper

i love the strength and repair it saved me from doing something crazy while i was stretching this summer.

i bought the length and strength and im not too jazzed about it or sleek and shine either i guess i was expecting strength and repair results ill keep them around for a bit to see if my hair starts liking once its a few months post if not they'll make great conditioners for my extensions and wonderful shaving cream.

naturalmanenyc

I have a huge bottle of sleek & shine condish and it did NOTHING for my hair. Granted, that was a few months ago so I may revisit it. I never tossed it out.

The longer I get into this transition the more I realize that my relaxed hair products don't necessarily work on my curly hair.

naturalmanenyc

Just want to report that I am still using Garnier Strength & Repair conditioner to cowash daily and I am getting great results. I added the leave in (length & strength) and a half dollar size amount of water based shine wax (strong version) on wet hair. Brushed it into a ponytail & added my phony pony.

I love it - such a cute hair style in under 5 minutes once I step out of the shower.

Strength & Repair condish & poo were $2.67 at Walmart (not on sale) and the shine wax was $2.94.

CokoQt

I am not a transitioner but I do stretch my relaxers and what helps me with detangling when my new growth is impossible to comb through is the Garnier Smoothing Milk. It is a leave in product. I have 4b hair and my new growth is very hard to manage. This and the Garnier Serum make my new growth very soft and easier to comb.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I'm not transitioning, but I use the Wonder Waves line when I airdry....Its great for me at 15+ weeks, I know thats no comparison to your 35 weeks, but HTH...

ETA: The sleek and shine coditioner and leave in did nothing for me, but the leave in works great on my natural daughter when I bun her hair......

alexstin

I'm not transitioning but I do stretch for 19 weeks or so. The strength and repair melting masque is an excellent detangler.:yep: