So I did the stretchers paryer with no relief, do I need to light candles too??

gymfreak336

So I followed yalls advice and I conditioned, and conditioned, and conditioned. :( :mad: I don't know what is going on with my head but my hair was hard and it took me forever and a day to detangle. Infact, my hair was more tangled last night than it has ever been during this stretch. Now my hair does feel soft and smooth now after it dried but what happened? I am really trying to be dedicated to this stretch. I am really trying to push myself and make it till March but I don't know what else to do? Do I just need to relax? Has my hair truely reached its limit? I would like to think that it hasn't but clumps of hair in the sink don't lie.

*off to light candles and recite the stretchers prayer once again*

gymfreak336 said:
So I followed yalls advice and I conditioned, and conditioned, and conditioned. :( :mad: I don't know what is going on with my head but my hair was hard and it took me forever and a day to detangle. Infact, my hair was more tangled last night than it has ever been during this stretch. Now my hair does feel soft and smooth now after it dried but what happened? I am really trying to be dedicated to this stretch. I am really trying to push myself and make it till March but I don't know what else to do? Do I just need to relax? Has my hair truely reached its limit? I would like to think that it hasn't but clumps of hair in the sink don't lie.

*off to light candles and recite the stretchers prayer once again*

WAIT! Put a cond on it tonight over night like I do. Then tomorrow just do a light poo (once). Then deep cond with something with protein under the dryer for 30 min. Rinse in cool water and comb all the tangles out under running water in the shower. Tangles fall out under running water. Add you best leave ins and roller set. You can do girl! If I can do 12 wks no braid, no weave and no wig and still keep a decent head. I'm work in a professional atmosphere and I'm very particular about my hair. That's why I chose to press my ng with my iron. Try that tonight. Oh and if you're not taking MSM start. It really does change the texture of ng.

I wish I knew what to tell ya, girlie. Sounds like you did everything right, I don't know why your hair is being so difficult.:confused: I'm 10 weeks post and I washed last night too. No major problems. Maybe it is just time to give in to the relaxer. I know you wanted to stretch a while longer, but it may be in your hair's best interest....

preciousjewel76 said:
I wish I knew what to tell ya, girlie. Sounds like you did everything right, I don't know why your hair is being so difficult.:confused: I'm 10 weeks post and I washed last night too. No major problems. Maybe it is just time to give in to the relaxer. I know you wanted to stretch a while longer, but it may be in your hair's best interest....

I agree. Listen to your hair. Maybe if you want to wait another week, I wouldn't wash again. Leave it alone and keep it moisturized.

Just leave your hair alone, and moisturize the ends a bit until it's time to relax. I don't think you should be losing "clumps" of hair, this can't go on for another 2 weeks! You did 9 weeks, right? That's an excellent stretch and I'm sure your hair is going to look great when you do relax.

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to try to hold off till next wednesday. That will make it 9 weeks and I have done 9 weeks before so I don't want to "backtrack" if you know what I mean. I rubbed some BB growth oil on it after I got home from school and it feels great. I am just going to keep in my octopus clip or ponytail and leave it alone.

Have you tried the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny system yet? If not, I would suggest trying that out. It's the only system I can use when I have a lot of new growth without experiencing breakage. I can comb through my hair after just using the shampoo.

The results from this stuff has always been consistent, even if I forget to chelate with my beloved Redken Cleansing Cream after switching back to it.

I can use any conditioner when I don't have much new growth. But Paul Mitchell is the only one I can use that allows me to comb through my hair with no issues. Even when I hit a knot, I can just pull it apart with no problem.

Another good thing about PM is that if you don't like the products, you can get your money back!

:D :D :D

What DC are you using? Maybe you need to try something that will help loosen the NG so that it is easier to comb through during and after it dries. Also how are you styling your hair after rinsing out the conditioner?

Last edited:
If its doing more harm than good, I dont know if its even worth it. Remember, stretching is not for everyone. If you are seeing that much hair in the sink, Id probably go ahead and relax. 9 wks is actually good IMO. Did you use a different relaxer?

LiLi said:
Have you tried the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny system yet? If not, I would suggest trying that out. It's the only system I can use when I have a lot of new growth without experiencing breakage. I can comb through my hair after just using the shampoo.

The results from this stuff has always been consistent, even if I forget to chelate with my beloved Redken Cleansing Cream after switching back to it.

I can use any conditioner when I don't have much new growth. But Paul Mitchell is the only one I can use that allows me to comb through my hair with no issues. Even when I hit a knot, I can just pull it apart with no problem.

Another good thing about PM is that if you don't like the products, you can get your money back!

:D :D :D

I can't believe I forgot about this line. I might go pick up the smaples bottles at trade secret. thanks

BeautifulWideEyes said:
What DC are you using? Maybe you need to try something that will help loosen the NG so that it is easier to comb through during and after it dries. Also how are you styling your hair after rinsing out the conditioner?

Well I pre-pooed with aubrey organics island spice, then I conditioned with aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose afterwards for about 45 mins. After I rinsed, I rollerset it.

shunta said:
If its doing more harm than good, I dont know if its even worth it. Remember, stretching is not for everyone. If you are seeing that much hair in the sink, Id probably go ahead and relax. 9 wks is actually good IMO. Did you use a different relaxer?

The last two relaxers I had were design essentials. I really never noticed a problem but do you think that could be making it worse. The next relaxer I use is probably going to be silk elements since I just bought it but I might have to research further. Interesting point

Back