Caplush- Give me strength girl, lead me in the stretchers prayer

gymfreak336

I guess you can guess what I am talking about.

I am reaching for the creamy crack!!! I bought it today and I don't know if I can take it anymore. Its been eight weeks girl and I am trying to hold on

*Hold my hand and lead me in the stretchers prayer*

Please Hair goddess, give me the strength
To stretch and stretch and stretch untill I gain me some length
Let no kink and curl get in my way to have hair to floor someday
Help me master the art of detangling so that when I walk by and flip my hair, peoples jaws will he hanging

Amen

CAPlush

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the new growth I cannot change,
the courage to change the new growth I can, and
the wisdom to know the difference.

gymfreak336

CAPlush said:
Lord grant me the serenity to accept the new growth I cannot change,
the courage to change the new growth I can, and
the wisdom to know the difference.

:lachen: :lachen: I needed that. All the posts about peoples stretching results have help me gain some motivation. Just to think that I thought this might be easy:lol:

angie10

What's wrong gymfreak, are you having stretching problems:lachen: It's not the easiest thing to do, but you can do it. What gives you the most trouble? breakage, tangling or what.

gymfreak336

angie10 said:
What's wrong gymfreak, are you having stretching problems:lachen: It's not the easiest thing to do, but you can do it. What gives you the most trouble? breakage, tangling or what.

Breakage girl, breakage

I wash twice a week and deep condition for 15-20mins. Maybe I should try a balanced protein and moisture conditioner and let that bad boy soak in for awhile. I don't know.... I gotta try something though.

angie10

gymfreak336 said:
Breakage girl, breakage

I wash twice a week and deep condition for 15-20mins. Maybe I should try a balanced protein and moisture conditioner and let that bad boy soak in for awhile. I don't know.... I gotta try something though.

I usually will wash once a week and Co wash once a week. When I co wash I let the conditioner sit for about 30 mins. When I wash, I deep condition for about 45mins to an hour. I always try and pre poo on my wash days also. The key is moisture, moisture and more moisture. And don't forget to handle your hair like silk. I don't wear my hair down once I hit eight weeks.

gymfreak336

angie10 said:
I usually will wash once a week and Co wash once a week. When I co wash I let the conditioner sit for about 30 mins. When I wash, I deep condition for about 45mins to an hour. I always try and pre poo on my wash days also. The key is moisture, moisture and more moisture. And don't forget to handle your hair like silk. I don't wear my hair down once I hit eight weeks.

Thanks for your suggestions. I might try a co wash tonight. You just rinse your hair and apply conditioner right??? When you wear your hair up, how do you smooth out your nape area. My hair should be a full shoulder length by may so my pony tail isn't really long. I clip it up in an octopus clip though but my nape can look a little rough.

preciousjewel76

gymfreak336 said:
Breakage girl, breakage

This thread has me over here cracking up! I feel you, though. I'm stretching too, and I was having some breakage issues. I stepped it up and did an Emergencee treatment over the weekend, and that really seemed to help. Try a protein treatment, or mix about 2/3 of a protein conditioner (I like Aubrey's GPB) with 1/3 moisturizing conditioner and DC wtih that. Once you get over this hurdle, I'm sure you'll be OK. BTW, I'll be 10 weeks post on Sunday; I'll try to relax then or next weekend at the latest.

ETA: As far as the nape area goes: dampen it and slap some Fantasia gel on it, tie it down with a scarf, and keep it moving. Keeping the nape really moisturized seems to help it not look so unruly, IMO.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

preciousjewel76 said:
This thread has me over here cracking up! I feel you, though. I'm stretching too, and I was having some breakage issues. I stepped it up and did an Emergencee treatment over the weekend, and that really seemed to help. Try a protein treatment, or mix about 2/3 of a protein conditioner (I like Aubrey's GPB) with 1/3 moisturizing conditioner and DC wtih that. Once you get over this hurdle, I'm sure you'll be OK.

BTW, I'll be 10 weeks post on Sunday; I'll try to relax then or next weekend at the latest.

I got a bottle of gpb. I might have to pull it out tonight.

gymfreak336

angie10 said:
I forgot to say that keraphix is really good.

You know, I used this a long while ago. I got it in the liter size and I went through it. At the time, it seemed like the only conditioner that was working. I don't know why I didn't repurchase it. It gave me strong hair with slip. I need to pick up a bottle from Kmart tonight.

angie10

gymfreak336 said:
Thanks for your suggestions. I might try a co wash tonight. You just rinse your hair and apply conditioner right??? When you wear your hair up, how do you smooth out your nape area. My hair should be a full shoulder length by may so my pony tail isn't really long. I clip it up in an octopus clip though but my nape can look a little rough.

Yeah I just rinse and apply the conditioner. I use Scurl to smooth things out. I just apply Scurl, comb it a little, then tie it down with my scarf. The next day, it doesn't look so bad. If you gained a whole lot of new growth, then you probably have to relax. You just won't be able to fight it.:lachen:

gymfreak336

angie10 said:
Yeah I just rinse and apply the conditioner. I use Scurl to smooth things out. I just apply Scurl, comb it a little, then tie it down with my scarf. The next day, it doesn't look so bad. If you gained a whole lot of new growth, then you probably have to relax. You just won't be able to fight it.:lachen:

I have a good amount of growth now. I am going to try to stick it out for the next 2 weeks. Then I will atleast be at 10 weeks which is a decent starter stretch.

buttaflye03

gymfreak336 said:

I am reaching for the creamy crack!!! I bought it today and I don't know if I can take it anymore. Its been eight weeks girl and I am trying to hold on

Help me master the art of detangling so that when I walk by and flip my hair, peoples jaws will he hanging

Amen

:lol: You crazy!

:look: AMEN!

Tee

This thread cracked me up!

Gym....you will find the magic mixture. Just make sure you come back and report.

gymfreak336

Letitia said:
This thread cracked me up!

Gym....you will find the magic mixture. Just make sure you come back and report.

Will do. I think I know what I am going to try tonight. I will report in the morning.

janeemat

gymfreak336 said:

Amen

I'm at my desk laughing tears! This is my laugh for today. I'm interceding on your behalf. Help her LAWD!

gymfreak336

janeemat said:
I'm at my desk laughing tears! This is my laugh for today. I'm interceding on your behalf. Help her LAWD!

Your post about your positive experience stretching 12 weeks is actually one of the reasons why I don't have the creamy crack on my head right now. Lord knows I bought it and some neutralizing poo eariler today. Ohwell.... I guess I should take it back and get me some detangler instead.

CAPlush

gymfreak336 said:
Breakage girl, breakage

Girl, try 2-3 hours worth of deep conditioning. I used to do those super short deep conditioning sessions, they just don't work anymore.

gymfreak336

CAPlush said:
Girl, try 2-3 hours worth of deep conditioning. I used to do those super short deep conditioning sessions, they just don't work anymore.

Gotcha. Yeah, my 20mins ain't doing it. I might just slap some conditioner in my head and take a nap:lol:

texasqt

Too funny :lachen: But I definitely feel ya!!!
I'm 9 weeks post and shoulder length and rocking a spiral curl roller set. It works because it minimizes manipulation and it hides my ng pretty good. This is my second go at it. I don't do anything to it but moisturize, seal, and add OMTG to my scalp. It looks really good when the curls start to loosen. The last one I kept for 4 days (just re-did last night).

I too was experiencing some breakage and the only thing that helped was a moisturizing CW, so I second doing a wash and DC once a week as well as a CW.

Your hair is gonna love ya for it!!! and
THANK YOU LORD FOR GIVING US THE STRENGTH AND KNOWLEDGE!!!

texasqt

CAPlush said:

I co-sign. I slept in my conditioner last night and UmmmmHummm!!! :yay:

gymfreak336

texasqt said:
Too funny :lachen: But I definitely feel ya!!!
I'm 9 weeks post and shoulder length and rocking a spiral curl roller set. It works because it minimizes manipulation and it hides my ng pretty good. This is my second go at it. I don't do anything to it but moisturize, seal, and add OMTG to my scalp. It looks really good when the curls start to loosen. The last one I kept for 4 days (just re-did last night).

I too was experiencing some breakage and the only thing that helped was a moisturizing CW, so I second doing a wash and DC once a week as well as a CW.

Your hair is gonna love ya for it!!! and
THANK YOU LORD FOR GIVING US THE STRENGTH AND KNOWLEDGE!!!

Hummmm, spiral set you say. :cool:

preciousjewel76

texasqt said:
I co-sign. I slept in my conditioner last night and UmmmmHummm!!! :yay:

I'm too scurred to sleep with conditioner in my hair!:eek: My hair gets overmoisturized very easily. I think I'd be a mushy mess if I kept the DC on for that long....

texasqt

preciousjewel76 said:
I'm too scurred to sleep with conditioner in my hair!:eek: My hair gets overmoisturized very easily. I think I'd be a mushy mess if I kept the DC on for that long....

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I definitely don't recommend it to anyone. I took a nap and just didn't wake up until this morning ;) but apparently my hair needed it because it wasn't mushy at all.

janeemat

gymfreak336 said:
Your post about your positive experience stretching 12 weeks is actually one of the reasons why I don't have the creamy crack on my head right now. Lord knows I bought it and some neutralizing poo eariler today. Ohwell.... I guess I should take it back and get me some detangler instead.

Take it back! You can do it! My post today was especially for you. You will love your hair after a 12 wk stretch. Do a roller set and just finger through it. Keep us posted!