So I Decided To Get Creative w/ My Wash n Go--> Tons of Pics

kblc06

As I've previously mentioned, I have a ton of different textures, particularly centered in the front of my head. Whenever I do a wash n go, working with the front can be very difficult due to the drastic difference in textures (4a edges and 2c/3a/b crown,front left and right sides. So when I came across this cool vid--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jB9j7B97Fo. I decided that I may be able to pull this off :look:...even if it is meant for a 10 year old. So I washed my hair w/ Joico K-pak, applied Dove Intensive repair conditioner + Aussie 3 min DC. I rinsed after 10 minutes, but left a little conditioner residue in my hair. The only leave-in I applied was water, a couple dollops of Fantasia IC gel, and a teensy amount of Cantu Clear Conditioning shine gel for a softer hold. I've also discovered after many wash n gos that less is soooo much more. Seriously, the less product the better and a spray bottle of water is awesome.To keep my curls, I put them in bantu like knots, if I can even call them that because I can't make a bantu knot to save my life :lol:.

Oh and some people in different threads asked me for some texture shots so I've included some of those too.

Semi Wet: About 40% dry. Since my hair is very porous, it fully dries in about 20-30 minutes after stepping out of the shower:

Last edited:

kblc06

Part Trois:

Scrunched & Dry- This afternoon

What texture is this? This is one of the clearest shots I could get of the left side and crown texture. And no it's not heat damaged

CrownCola

Lol. Thanks for clarifying.
I was just thinking it may have been heat usage, AKA "The Silent Texturizer".

But that's an interesting texture considering the shrinkage.

ETA: I'm not the typing type, sorry no clue.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

BostonMaria

I think, might be wrong, you might be a 3C. It looks similar to mine when I do a wash and go. Beautiful hair!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Cute.
Your hair looks a lot like mine when I've scrunched

I do that front look with my dd1.I did it in a fauxhawk with the connected twists.

Now let me go check out the video.

ok- just watched it - yeah that's what I do. I'm gonna try the terry bands though.

Also, seeing that little girl's hair - I think I've found my hair twin!

Last edited:

kblc06

Her hair is so cute. I think I may steal that :look:

Cute.
Your hair looks a lot like mine when I've scrunched

I do that front look with my dd1.I did it in a fauxhawk with the connected twists.

Now let me go check out the video.

ok- just watched it - yeah that's what I do. I'm gonna try the terry bands though.

Also, seeing that little girl's hair - I think I've found my hair twin!

cutenss

Pretty hair OP :yep: We look like "hair twins" or at best "hair cousins" I have a picture just like the first one showing texture. :yep: