So frustrated with my hair (long)

CutiePie0Five

Hi Ladies,

I have been transitioning for 10 months and I love it. However, I think my hair is suffering. When I used to get my hair relaxed, I would trim it with every touch-up, or every 3 months. However, I first decided to transition in March/April, I continued my transition without getting a trim since I wasn't going to the hairdresser. My hair was a lil past bra-strap, heading towards mid-back. So basically, my ends got thin....I've been trimming them myself, but I don't think I did such a good job because I'm scared of my hair being uneven, and cutting off too much hair. So right now, I feel like my hair is in horrible shape. My hair is curently an inch or 2 above BSL (so sad)...:sigh:: I have to start allll over again...

My plan is to go back to my old hairdresser this week, get a wash & set, and have her even up my hair so that my ends can be thick once again. My only problem is that I wanted to try a deep condition of eggs & EVOO, but I won't get to do that cuz I'm gonna use their deep conditioner. Plus, I'm assuming they'll have to blow it out to get it straight enough to trim it, which means crazy heat, plus, they don't ever put any oil or anything in your scalp, so I feel like my hair is gonna be fragile afterwards. LOL I'm gonna run home and moisturize.

But basically, I just wanted to ask if anyone thought this was a good idea. I'm just so frustrated...I can't walk by a mirror without being disgusted.

Well, it's YOUR hair. If you want oil, tell them to oil your hair. Bring your own if you have to. You could tell her not to overdo the heat even if it means not getting the hair as straight as you would otherwise, and just trim your ends as they are. Maybe since you're transitioning you could think of your trim more as cleaning up any fragile ends rather than needing to get it perfectly straight across the bottom right now.

Hey, If your still transitioning then i would think your ends would seem thinner than the rest of your hair compared to all ur new growth? Could that be it? If you want to deep condition your way do it before you go and just have them wash it out there. My sister always goes to the salon and does her own conditioning. Bring your own oil and ask them to use it on YOUR hair. If your ends r thining you need to keep them moisturized and sealed. Also if your not trimming that much i dont think your hair needs to be super straight to get it cut. Also if your transitioning im guessing ur doin alot of protectiv styles so your ends dont have to be even. I havent cut/trimmed since aug and dont plan on it cuz it doesnt bother me if my hair is uneven which it is bc its always always up. LOL JMO

Back