So anybody tried anything from Frederick Fekkai's line lately??

zzirvingj

After reading the thread about Michelle Obama's hair and her using products from this line, I was wondering if anyone wanted to give any reviews of any products they've used from Frederick Fekkai??

I bought a small trial size of the Shea Butter hair mask yesterday from Ulta and plan on DCing with it this weekend. It was like 9 bucks for like 1.6 oz :blush: So I hope it's realllllly good! lol :look:

I LOVE the shea butter mask. It's extremely moisturizing. I tried it after I read Tracey Ellis Ross uses it. I tried the shampoo, it's just ok, nothing to brag about.

I LOVE the shea butter mask. It's extremely moisturizing. I tried it after I read Tracey Ellis Ross uses it. I tried the shampoo, it's just ok, nothing to brag about.

Cool...I'm going to use it with a tiny bit of SAA and DC with heat. Do you tend to use heat when you DC with it?

I got my eye on this one too!

You know Z, I would hold off on the SAA mixture with this DC b/c then you won't know if the product really works. If it does work well, you'll have to backtrack just to see if the product alone works and by then, you've already spent $$ on buying SAA or wasting it on a product that works well without it, ya fell me?

Whichever road you take, please please please report the results!!!!!

Cool...I'm going to use it with a tiny bit of SAA and DC with heat. Do you tend to use heat when you DC with it?
I do. I sit under the dryer with it. I actually have to warm it up real, real good in my hands before I put it on because my hair is so fine, if I don't it breaks it off, it's super thick and pasty.

I got my eye on this one too!

You know Z, I would hold off on the SAA mixture with this DC b/c then you won't know if the product really works. If it does work well, you'll have to backtrack just to see if the product alone works and by then, you've already spent $$ on buying SAA or wasting it on a product that works well without it, ya fell me?

Whichever road you take, please please please report the results!!!!!

Well I have had this bottle of SAA sitting in my cabinet for a couple of months so I don't know if I can resist the temptation and actually wait to use it! lol....

I was only gonna add a teeny tiny amount, though...

I do. I sit under the dryer with it. I actually have to warm it up real, real good in my hands before I put it on because my hair is so fine, if I don't it breaks it off, it's super thick and pasty.

It does appear to be SUPER thick! But I guess that's a good thing...I wonder how many uses I'll be able to get outta this $9 1.6 oz container..?? :lachen:

I have been using the glossing cream for a couple of years. It's my daily moisturizer.

I sampled that glossing cream in Bath and Body Works and it is niiiiccceee:yep:
It's so expensive though...i think i'll buy it(or something form hairveda or shesscentit) for my roller-baggies when i take my braids down.It's nice and creamy,and it think continuous use of it on my ends may be very beneficial,(based on the consistency/moisture)when using the baggy-roller method.
The only thing is that i think it has a lot of cones,and i'm trying to cut down on that.Maybe i could alternate it?
Do you have more than normal build up over time?

It's so expensive though...i think i'll buy it(or something form hairveda or shesscentit) for my roller-baggies when i take my braids down.It's nice and creamy,and it think continuous use of it on my ends may be very beneficial,(based on the consistency/moisture)when using the baggy-roller method.
The only thing is that i think it has a lot of cones,and i'm trying to cut down on that.Maybe i could alternate it?

Wait...they have samples of the line in Bath & Body Works..??

Wait...they have samples of the line in Bath & Body Works..??

Uh...no girl.I just used from the sample bottle and rubbed it in my hair:blush:
I hate doing that,even though that's what its there for!LOL!

But my hands were in my hair for the rest of the day though:grin:

I tried the Frederic Fekkai last night actually. I bought a sample pack for $29 and the trial size versions of the Shea Butter Hair Mask and the Glossing Shine Spritz stuff.

I'm a 4a Natural.

I washed with the Glossing Shampoo and then conditioned with the Glossing Conditioner. Once I got out of the shower I tried the hair mask and sat under the heat cap for about 30 minutes and rinsed. Don't know if I'm too fond of the Hair Mask my hair didn't feel all that moisturized.

I flat ironed(FHI) with the Glossing crème and the sheen spritz stuff and it got my hair bone straight with a whole lot of swing. I liked it a lot. Not sure I captured the same shine as Michelle, but I know I got the straightness and the swing.

I give the products a complete thumbs up, especially for naturals.

I've tried the shampoo and conditioner but wasn't too impressed with either. I may try some of the other products though since I hear some of you ladies saying you like them.

No build up. It only takes a small amount and I'm only using it on my ends and edges.

i hate the glossing creme. it didnt moisturize my hair and the smell gave me a headache right away. i love love love love the shea conditioner, not the mask. the conditioners is one of the few conditioners that i can put on my hair for less than a minute and my hair is the softest ever. now the mask did nothing for me. i still have more than half a tube left that i have to mix with oils and stuff to use it up. i threw away the glossing creme but the shea butter conditioner is a keeper.

i hate the glossing creme. it didnt moisturize my hair and the smell gave me a headache right away. i love love love love the shea conditioner, not the mask. the conditioners is one of the few conditioners that i can put on my hair for less than a minute and my hair is the softest ever. now the mask did nothing for me. i still have more than half a tube left that i have to mix with oils and stuff to use it up. i threw away the glossing creme but the shea butter conditioner is a keeper.

I wish you would have thrown it my way! :lachen: Dang!

I have been using the glossing cream for awhile. It lasts forever because you don't need to use much.

Back