Full REVIEW of ETAE CARMELUX Line.......

Lucky's Mom

Hey Folks!

So - I was 'sponsored' and got the ETAE Carmelux line delivered to my home a few weeks ago!

SOOOOO:look: Since I am on a personal flat iron bandwagon - see here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=367825&highlight=etae

I thought I would try it - and post my full review of the line.....

here are the ingredients....
Anyway.......

Carmelux Shampoo
Cocomidpropyl Betaine, Cocomide MEA, water, Ceteral Alcohol, Apple Cider Vinegar, Milk and egg protien, olive oil, honey, molasses, Aloe Vera, Citric Acid, coconut oil, Flaxseed oil, jojoba oil, glycerin, Essential oils of: Ginger, tea tree, rosemary, bergamot, extracts of sage, basil, oregano, Burdock Root

Carmelux Conditioner
Aloe Vera, Ceteral Alcohol, Propelyne Glycol :)perplexed), Wheat Germ Oil, coconut oil, Rosemary, Lavendar and Bergamot oils.

As I stated in my other Rant..... http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=368697&highlight=etae

The products have made some changes.... And Changed for cheaper fillers - that - I would not be too fond of in an expensive product.....

Since I did not purchase - I tried them..... But - My Aloe Concoction could rival the 26 bucks for 4 oz.... any day....

Anyway - here it goes. ( as another sidebar, I only shampoo and condition in Twists.... Loose hair???? NEVAH....):drunk:

Step one..........Pre-pooed / detangled with Aloe Vera Gel, teaspoon of Wheat Germ Oil, 2 table Spoons of Coconut oil ( this give GREAT definition - but that is another post)

Step two.... Let that stay on for a while.....

Step 3 - shampoo with ETAE Carmelux shampoo - this poo does nothave a Frilly perfumey smell. I am used to that though... I don't use perfumey stuff... My homemade products don't really have smells...

- I followed exact directions.....
Shampooed once.... Rinsed.... Shampoo again ( never do this girls - you know that!:lachen:) The Suds were a bit of a shock.....

Once my hair was rinsed......There was a Squeaky clean feeling... Not horrible. But not the usual "slippiness" - (Is that a word??:lachen::look:) that most of us testify to when using castiles, or other shampoos.... While it was Squeaky, it was not Drawn up like when my mom washed my hair with Prell :)lachen::lachen::lachen:)

Step four - Blotted with Microfiber towel - I love those things.....And applied ETAE CARMELUX conditioner. 4 oz is a joke....but - I applied from root to tip on each section. There is one ounce left.:look::perplexed

The directions say leave on for 30 seconds. PLEASE.....

I promptly went and sat under the dryer - where I sit now. I will be out soon. Etae Salon does reccomend 15 minutles under a hot dryer once a month.
I went for 30.

The FEEL and Look of ETAE Condish..... The Feel is creamy - at first... The White Cream applies well, but then, a strange thing happens. There is a powdery after feel and residue on my hands....:perplexed:look: As a home grown mixer - I am wondering why this is the case. I am sure - I will figure it out.

I will return once I am rinsed and blow dried! The final verdict for the 60 buck investment will soon be revealed!!!

Part 2 - Results Here...................http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372675

Last edited:
Oooh, can't wait!!

It sounds, from right here though, that your homemade stuff is better, yeah?

Back