SL 2014

Evolving78

Did you really mean 2-3 times a week? That's a lot.
yes I do! Lol imagine if I didn't how long my hair would be. I am scissor happy! I just cut some more today. I usually cut 1/8 of an inch maybe a little less, but I do that a few times a week. Today I cut almost 4 inches off my crown and cut 1/4 everywhere else. I love length, but I'm a sucker for nice looking ends. It will grow back. I may take a break for the next few weeks.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
yes I do! Lol imagine if I didn't how long my hair would be. I am scissor happy! I just cut some more today. I usually cut 1/8 of an inch maybe a little less, but I do that a few times a week. Today I cut almost 4 inches off my crown and cut 1/4 everywhere else. I love length, but I'm a sucker for nice looking ends. It will grow back. I may take a break for the next few weeks.

Ummm you need to join our no trimming challenge lol

Wenbev

Hey ladies, I'm getting out of the hating on my hair slump. I was watching some older YouTube vids and I was inspired by naptural85 on a "washngo" that you sleep on. Anyway, I prepoo'd with tj's nourish and some homemade peppermint coconut oil for a couple hours. Then I lightly shampooed and added conditioner in sections and retested those sections. After I was done showering, I rinsed the sections whilst still in twists and tied my hair up in a tee shirt for the rest of the afternoon. Before I went to bed I removed the tee shirt and tied on a scarf. This morning I undid the twists, and added a small amout of sweet almond oil. My hair looked so nice. Light and fluffy and it moves in the breeze. I'll have to try it again and see if I get the same results. And I only used a wash out conditioner which I can actually smell when the wind blows. Ha!

faithVA

I still have a ways to go to SL but gaining a little. With some struggle I can put my hair into two flat twist. That's progress. But I will be keeping my hair in flat twist until its time for our final pictures in December. Dcing now and will put in flat twists tonight.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Wanna wash the hair but enjoying this press. I was so chicken I pressed at it 300o so it was like a poofy blow out. However some thick oil and curl formers did the rest. I maintain it with 2 flat twists nightly.

So nice to be able to comb through it.

Trixie58

Note on inversion. I did day 1 last night and went to sleep with a headache. Today I have an ongoing headache as well. This didn't happen last time so maybe it is working. I am also ramped up on biotin so hopefully the head tension is hair flying out of my head!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
With a little face paint you could be something out of The Matrix for Halloween. :lol:

Girl these things are going to be so uncomfortable t sleep in. I know better and keep telling myself I won't so it again and still end up putting them in and sleeping in them lol. I was thinking I could be Lala Loopsy lol buy some orange and pink rube socks and a skirt lol.

Babygrowth

Girl these things are going to be so uncomfortable t sleep in. I know better and keep telling myself I won't so it again and still end up putting them in and sleeping in them lol. I was thinking I could be Lala Loopsy lol buy some orange and pink rube socks and a skirt lol.

Yassss! Perfect!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Here's how my set came out...Excuse the no makeup face y'all. I haven't separated them and probably won't bc i want the style to last. I will let them come apart on there own.

ForumRunner_20141014_101333.jpg

ForumRunner_20141014_101341.jpg

ForumRunner_20141014_101351.jpg

ForumRunner_20141014_101401.jpg

ForumRunner_20141014_101409.jpg

faithVA

Here's how my set came out...Excuse the no makeup face y'all. I haven't separated them and probably won't bc i want the style to last. I will let them come apart on there own.

Your set came out nice.

I'm glad you posted the pictures in here. I'm not going to lie. When you post the attachments I never click cuz I'm lazy :nono: Sometimes I try to scout out the originals :look:

Have you reached APL? It looks like you may be close if not there.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Your set came out nice.

I'm glad you posted the pictures in here. I'm not going to lie. When you post the attachments I never click cuz I'm lazy :nono: Sometimes I try to scout out the originals :look:

Have you reached APL? It looks like you may be close if not there.

Thanks! All of my pics should come up like these. I post them all the same way but sorry you couldn't see them at times. Girl I have no clue but I'm hoping I'm closer to APL when I take this sew in out in November. I'm enjoying not fussing around with my own hair and keeps my hands out and away! Can't wait until end of December. I may take this sew in out later this month and reinstall since I'm doing a LC in December anyway.

faithVA

Thanks! All of my pics should come up like these. I post them all the same way but sorry you couldn't see them at times. Girl I have no clue but I'm hoping I'm closer to APL when I take this sew in out in November. I'm enjoying not fussing around with my own hair and keeps my hands out and away! Can't wait until end of December. I may take this sew in out later this month and reinstall since I'm doing a LC in December anyway.

Why are you apologizing for my laziness :lol: Everyone else clicked.

Looking forward to December length checks.

Evolving78

I don't know how I am going to do a length check at the end of the year. I'm trying not to do too much to it and I got shrinkage going on already! Plus I have to search through this thread for some before pics.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So I washed, dc and pressed again. :look: idk why I bother. The comb is just barely hot to the touch. I am hecka skurd :lol: however I am enjoying this puffy Afro thing I got. Needed the change of pace. Plus it gives the ability to manage the ends better than even a stretched fro.

Dusting and seeking and destroying like mad :lol: not a ssk in sight!

faithVA

I know. It won't be me. I will fully be in the APL challenge but will root you guys on from the side lines. Tag me whoever does start it though please.

You will probably be in the BSL challenge. You may need someone else to run the APL challenge. But I guess if you do the APL/BSL challenge like you did this year, it would make sense that you host again.

faithVA

I will be in that challenge with you! I hoping to be APL by June! Please pray I don't get another hair cut!

I pray that every pair of scissors or shears or anything with a sharp blade that comes within inches of your hair instantly melts down into a puddle of frozen yogurt. :yep: Amen!

Evolving78

I got my hair in a little bun. I cowashed and gave myself a protein treatment. I will wash again this weekend and put my wig on. I would love to put some box braids in. I wonder how can I do it without having to put a millions braids in?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
You will probably be in the BSL challenge. You may need someone else to run the APL challenge. But I guess if you do the APL/BSL challenge like you did this year, it would make sense that you host again.

I love your optimism! I will definitely be in the APL challenge girl lol. No ma'am I will not host it next year.