SL 2014

Evolving78

Needed that. Woke up panicked that the trim actually took off too much progress. See the attached -that's from August 10. I can't for some reason post two pics at once but if u scroll back to my post trim pics what do u think? I'm also concerned that the U shape and layers are now more pronounced and making my hair look thin. My pony is definitely scraggly with all my various lengths but it was kind of scraggly before. Anyway not much I can do. But do u think this trim is a setback? I'm already planning my growth reggi to pull out 2 more inches by feb, maybe that's all I need?

no setback from what i can see. it is going to look fuller the next time you straighten. are you natural? my hair has cycles, first i get length, then i get thickness with each relaxer touchup. but it is like that for me natural or relaxed. i just couldn't tell much when i was natural, since i didn't straighten. and you hair might just grow in layers. blunt even hemline, is natural for most folks.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Needed that. Woke up panicked that the trim actually took off too much progress. See the attached -that's from August 10. I can't for some reason post two pics at once but if u scroll back to my post trim pics what do u think? I'm also concerned that the U shape and layers are now more pronounced and making my hair look thin. My pony is definitely scraggly with all my various lengths but it was kind of scraggly before. Anyway not much I can do. But do u think this trim is a setback? I'm already planning my growth reggi to pull out 2 more inches by feb, maybe that's all I need?

No setback from what I can see. It really does look good though.

ForumRunner_20141002_113652.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So I colored my hair last night (just the bottom portion kind of an "ombre" except I had no clue what I was doing as the hair was still sewn in lol. I tried to get some good pics but these were the best I could get. I also did my daughters hair last night and my sisters wig today.

View attachment 278447

View attachment 278449

View attachment 278451

View attachment 278453

View attachment 278455

View attachment 278457

View attachment 278459

View attachment 278461

View attachment 278463

View attachment 278465

View attachment 278467

Trixie58

no setback from what i can see. it is going to look fuller the next time you straighten. are you natural? my hair has cycles, first i get length, then i get thickness with each relaxer touchup. but it is like that for me natural or relaxed. i just couldn't tell much when i was natural, since i didn't straighten. and you hair might just grow in layers. blunt even hemline, is natural for most folks.

Thank you thank you shortdub and HairPleezeGrow. I am relaxed, I just got a relaxer Sep 19th so it's still quite fresh. My hair is not that thick naturally and I am concerned that it will always look stringy unless I cut all these layers off and remove the U, which I don't think I have the wherewithal to do. It's not a ton of layers- but there are definitely a couple graduated layers in the back. My face is long (kind of like a potato :grin:) so it's probably better for my face shape, but I always get depressed when I see one measly long layer trying to be thick on its own. It's healthy though and if none of you see a setback with the length then maybe I'll just press on with this shape.

Trixie58

Makeshift hot oil treatment tonite--threw cinnamon oil on my hair, covered with a plastic cap and scarf, went to bed.

Wenbev

been awhile, having love/hate relationship with 2x hate for my hair right now. I hate the awkward length (probably 2-3 in away from sl) that's too short to put up, the weird hair texture change my hair is undergoing probably due to my overactive thyroid and due to the texture change styles don't last barely a day. Grrr.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
been awhile, having love/hate relationship with 2x hate for my hair right now. I hate the awkward length (probably 2-3 in away from sl) that's too short to put up, the weird hair texture change my hair is undergoing probably due to my overactive thyroid and due to the texture change styles don't last barely a day. Grrr.

(((HUGS)))

faithVA

Double hug. You know I feel your pain. Hang in there.

Trixie58

Realized that my hair in the front is the problem and the reason I was feeling set-back-y. My stylist decided to give me face framing layers that are uneven--one side is more like long bangs at my nose and chunky steps down to SL, the other side is an angle down to SL starting from closer to my lips. The latter side styles better so I've been wearing my hair clipped back on one side with a bobby pin. I don't feel like cutting it again so I am hoping that a month or two will alter the shape on both sides and make it less obvious. Can I just say what is it with stylists and face framing fringe!!! They love that angle in the front down to the back. It usually grows out somehow but I am so over growing it out just to have it re-cut.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Realized that my hair in the front is the problem and the reason I was feeling set-back-y. My stylist decided to give me face framing layers that are uneven--one side is more like long bangs at my nose and chunky steps down to SL, the other side is an angle down to SL starting from closer to my lips. The latter side styles better so I've been wearing my hair clipped back on one side with a bobby pin. I don't feel like cutting it again so I am hoping that a month or two will alter the shape on both sides and make it less obvious. Can I just say what is it with stylists and face framing fringe!!! They love that angle in the front down to the back. It usually grows out somehow but I am so over growing it out just to have it re-cut.

Sorry...but like you mentioned you will grow it out. I dk what's the deal with face framing angles. I think they only look good when you have your hair curled backwards away from your face. Maybe if they were longer framing layers it looks good but shorter no. You will get through this setback for sure.

Trixie58

Sorry...but like you mentioned you will grow it out. I dk what's the deal with face framing angles. I think they only look good when you have your hair curled backwards away from your face. Maybe if they were longer framing layers it looks good but shorter no. You will get through this setback for sure.

I mean I don't mind it when they're long. I actually like it on the one side because its cut in a way that swivels into my longer hair with a nice continuous wave. The problem is the other side. It's cut in steps rather than an angle, and is also about an inch shorter. Trying to decide if I should have that side fixed so that it angles too...may hang better. it would be even more short than the "good" side....but may not be that noticeable and would still style better? Or just tuff it out? What do u think.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I mean I don't mind it when they're long. I actually like it on the one side because its cut in a way that swivels into my longer hair with a nice continuous wave. The problem is the other side. It's cut in steps rather than an angle, and is also about an inch shorter. Trying to decide if I should have that side fixed so that it angles too...may hang better. it would be even more short than the "good" side....but may not be that noticeable and would still style better? Or just tuff it out? What do u think.

Girl no more cutting unless you necessarily have to. Just let it be and keep that side pinned up cutely until it grows out. No sense in cutting it even shorter. I say leave it be and get creative.

sexypebbly

Thinking of cutting my ends this weekend. Was going to wait until Nov when I plan to straighten but I dont think I can wait that long. Ends just feel rough and I think I should get rid of them asap so I can concentrate on hair health

Babygrowth

I air dried my hair in 5 big braids and clipped those ends since it was the lunar date for lengthen on the 6th. My hair has been giving me a hard time so I'm letting it breathe before my crochet braid install.

Also my left side is shorter than the right but whenever I flat iron it hangs prettier :perplexed: lol so I will just let it be.

Evolving78

I had just thrown out some moisturizer. It was a heavy cream. Cant use stuff like that. It just sits on top of my hair. Natural products just don't cut it for me. I like my water based cones. Oils, creams, and butters are not the business. I wonder since I have a lot of new growth my relaxed hair looks kind of thin. Is that normal?

Evolving78

Thinking of cutting my ends this weekend. Was going to wait until Nov when I plan to straighten but I dont think I can wait that long. Ends just feel rough and I think I should get rid of them asap so I can concentrate on hair health
I dust my ends 2-3 times a week. They aren't bad, I just prefer blunt ends. This is why I don't have issues with split ends. I still see length.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I will also be doing a dusting with the split ender. I do it once per month.

I will straighten with heat :look: for a change of pace. In preparation, last night I clarified, dc, put in the heat serum and air dried stretched in 2 flat twists overnight. Wearing in the flat twists for work today. Its about 30% straight already.

After work it will get a warm (not hot) comb run through it. Good enough time for a lc too

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER said:
shortdub78;20638985[/USER]]I dust my ends 2-3 times a week. They aren't bad, I just prefer blunt ends. This is why I don't have issues with split ends. I still see length.

Did you really mean 2-3 times a week? That's a lot.

hnntrr

HAY YALL! I have not been on here in a minutteeeeeeeeee. My hair is doin great. Was in braids for three weeks in september and straightened for about two weeks now (straight for a week, 5 day rest, i just flat ironed it again last night cause I'm going out of town).

My hair is really flourishing. Its really nice a curly and moisturized as of lately. I updated my hair regimen and now wash (shampoo/condition) three times a week when its curly. Straight its really full and amazing! I am so glad I went natural, you wouldn't have been able to tell me when I was relaxed that my hair could be thicker and way healthier. Its just below shoulder length in the back and almost collarbone length in the front. Ill have pictures to share later (tomorrow hopefully).

I am having some issues with dryness on the parts of my hair that is colored and I have noticed considerable difference in the texture of my natural colored hair than my dyed hair. So I am thinking I am going to grow the color out and just not color my hair anymore. Breakage ends up more there than anywhere else, and Ive noticed when I flat iron it my natural colored straightens much easier and silkier than my colored hair.

I dont know if its just the length but I am really loving being natural, there are so many things I can do with it and I dont get bored with just one way of doing my hair.

Trixie58

I had just thrown out some moisturizer. It was a heavy cream. Cant use stuff like that. It just sits on top of my hair. Natural products just don't cut it for me. I like my water based cones. Oils, creams, and butters are not the business. I wonder since I have a lot of new growth my relaxed hair looks kind of thin. Is that normal?

Yes that happens to me every time. As I get more new growth the ends look thinner because i have all that puffy hair at the root. Once I relax my thickness comes back.

faithVA

HAY YALL! I have not been on here in a minutteeeeeeeeee. My hair is doin great. Was in braids for three weeks in september and straightened for about two weeks now (straight for a week, 5 day rest, i just flat ironed it again last night cause I'm going out of town).

My hair is really flourishing. Its really nice a curly and moisturized as of lately. I updated my hair regimen and now wash (shampoo/condition) three times a week when its curly. Straight its really full and amazing! I am so glad I went natural, you wouldn't have been able to tell me when I was relaxed that my hair could be thicker and way healthier. Its just below shoulder length in the back and almost collarbone length in the front. Ill have pictures to share later (tomorrow hopefully).

I am having some issues with dryness on the parts of my hair that is colored and I have noticed considerable difference in the texture of my natural colored hair than my dyed hair. So I am thinking I am going to grow the color out and just not color my hair anymore. Breakage ends up more there than anywhere else, and Ive noticed when I flat iron it my natural colored straightens much easier and silkier than my colored hair.

I dont know if its just the length but I am really loving being natural, there are so many things I can do with it and I dont get bored with just one way of doing my hair.

Welcome back. You have been gone for a while. Glad your hair is doing fabulously.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
OK. So I lasted 6 weeks with the box braids. I was shooting for 8 but that's close enough.

I am soooo shocked by how much my hair has grown (Slow grower). The sides are at my collarbone. The front is at my chin and then back is to my shoulders. The top is still short and comes to the top of my ears. The thickness is serious.

I'm gonna wear my hair out for a couple of days and then get it cornrowed Tuesday. I'm thinking of getting a human hair wig or a sew-in. Decisions...

Also, for the first time in my life, I gave myself a hot oil treatment with Vatika Oil. The results are waaaaayyyyy better than deep conditioning. My hair is soooo soft, and I didn't even use a moisturizer.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141011_225624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141011_225624.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 53

Trixie58

Starting inversion and daily exercise today. Not sure if it will work - inversion didn't seem to last time- but I'm going to try anyway. Maybe will grow and reshape this cut.

iVR

So just thought I'd give an update now that I have a break.

Attachments

• image-3117499039.jpg
    image-3117499039.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 52

iVR

And I've been wearing my hair in crown braids lately. I don't have any hair added.

Attachments

• image-1735559901.jpg
    image-1735559901.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 43