SL 2014

faithVA

Decided to give myself and my hair a break. I put my hair in flat twists last night and will wear flat twists through the month of April. I will DC twice a week so will restyle mid-week. This should give us both a break but still allow me to figure out more about my regimen.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I got a curling wand in the mail today. My sis in law blow dried my hair on high and then I used my wand. It's not as poofy as I wanted (I was going for the curly fro look so I didn't str8en it first) but I'm hoping it will get bigger. For some reason I always do my hair most of the time with my lc shirt on lol....like it's going to make a difference hahaha.

View attachment 253451

View attachment 253453

View attachment 253455

View attachment 253457

View attachment 253459

View attachment 253461

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So I'm addicted to the french rolls, which I have to stuff with marley hair since my crown is short. Lately it's been a roll on each side.

Between this and long term PSing, my retention is :up:

Think I will try this with less bang poofiness. Our hair is about the same length (same in back but I got a short slow-growing crown). Will be a great look for work.

French Roll Updo on Natural Hair

charmtreese

So I'm addicted to the french rolls, which I have to stuff with marley hair since my crown is short. Lately it's been a roll on each side. Between this and long term PSing, my retention is :up: Think I will try this with less bang poofiness. Our hair is about the same length (same in back but I got a short slow-growing crown). Will be a great look for work. French Roll Updo on Natural Hair

Thanks for this, now I have another style option!

faithVA

So I'm addicted to the french rolls, which I have to stuff with marley hair since my crown is short. Lately it's been a roll on each side.

Between this and long term PSing, my retention is :up:

Think I will try this with less bang poofiness. Our hair is about the same length (same in back but I got a short slow-growing crown). Will be a great look for work.

French Roll Updo on Natural Hair

Thanks for the video link. I love updos. Can't wait until I get there, I will definitely be trying this one.

HanaKuroi

faithVA said:
Decided to give myself and my hair a break. I put my hair in flat twists last night and will wear flat twists through the month of April. I will DC twice a week so will restyle mid-week. This should give us both a break but still allow me to figure out more about my regimen.

Will you be able to apply the kalpi tone in twists? I have read it is harder to rinse out than henna.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

HanaKuroi

I take my twists out on wash day.

Are you just going to apply it to your roots only? Can you test an area before applying it all over? Some people say to DC after. No one has real reviews they just repeat what is on the box.

I use sukeysh from Henna Sooq and some of the ingredients are the same. I don't think you will have a problem if you DC. But I am an advocate for using stuff on a Sally area before going all out.

I love testing areas of hair before applying new stuff all over in case there is an issue. A small area with breakage is easier to hide.

You can also see just what they mean by darkening grays. How dark is dark? How long will it last? And would it be worth it to go through a process like henna if it isn't beneficial?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

faithVA

Are you just going to apply it to your roots only? Can you test an area before applying it all over? Some people say to DC after. No one has real reviews they just repeat what is on the box.

I use sukeysh from Henna Sooq and some of the ingredients are the same. I don't think you will have a problem if you DC. But I am an advocate for using stuff on a Sally area before going all out.

I love testing areas of hair before applying new stuff all over in case there is an issue. A small area with breakage is easier to hide.

You can also see just what they mean by darkening grays. How dark is dark? How long will it last? And would it be worth it to go through a process like henna if it isn't beneficial?

I will test it out first. What's a Sally area? :lol: don't you love autocorrect.

I'm getting hair lazy so not sure when. Will probably just color my grays for now.

HanaKuroi

I will test it out first. What's a Sally area? :lol: don't you love autocorrect.

I'm getting hair lazy so not sure when. Will probably just color my grays for now.

Sally area? :lol: I think it should have said small. Autocorrect can get you in trouble.

I am hair lazy too. I should be henna'ing and haven't since December.

jessicarabbit

So i think i will be relaxing after i take this sew in out in three weeks. i should have enough hair to put into a donut bun (my favorite protective style). idk, i like to see my progress, and with shrinkage, it'll be years before i can really "do" anything with my real hair besides twist and braids.

faithVA

Finally stopped playing around and put in my flat twist. I'm going to try to stay in flat twist until the end of June and then see where my hair is. That's twelve weeks out.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thanks for the video link. I love updos. Can't wait until I get there, I will definitely be trying this one.

Yw. I already tried the style and it took less than 10min!

Btw, Even at el, I was doing a version of this, but just adding Marley to the inside of the rolls to make them look full. Until apl, I will probably always have to add.due to my low density.

Also, my crown is still el! Shoot... A little hair butter and some Bobby pins handles that.

Don't let it being shorter than the vid hold you back.

faithVA

Yw. I already tried the style and it took less than 10min!

Btw, Even at el, I was doing a version of this, but just adding Marley to the inside of the rolls to make them look full. Until apl, I will probably always have to add.due to my low density.

Also, my crown is still el! Shoot... A little hair butter and some Bobby pins handles that.

Don't let it being shorter than the vid hold you back.

It's hard to explain but my hair in the back isn't long enough, especially my nape. I did watch the video and I'm still going to need 2 more inches even if I stuff if. But the front is ready to go. I will just have to be patient and wait until Fall.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
It's hard to explain but my hair in the back isn't long enough, especially my nape. I did watch the video and I'm still going to need 2 more inches even if I stuff if. But the front is ready to go. I will just have to be patient and wait until Fall.
That 2 inches will be here before you know it!.

I think our heads work in reverse :lol: my crown is so lame. Part of it staying short is that the coil pattern is waaaay tighter.

naija24

I'm 8 weeks post this week. Let the stretching begin!!

Hoping to keep this sew in for 3 months!! I want to be sl or CBL by the start of summer so late June. I probably won't get a relaxer though. I want to length check, finally graduate to APL and reinstall. I should be able to get 4 inches this year. Gonna restart my biotin regimen too

faithVA

I finally stopped playing around and have committed to wearing flat twist for all of April and hopefully through the end of June. I will wait until the end of April though to commit to May.

I plan on just wearing this same style for April and redoing it on wash day. Hopefully by the end of April I will have some increased length to allow me to wear a different style. I will be doing my hair twice a week Wednesday/Sunday or Thursday/Monday for now.

IMG_20140407_123716042.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I finally stopped playing around and have committed to wearing flat twist for all of April and hopefully through the end of June. I will wait until the end of April though to commit to May.

I plan on just wearing this same style for April and redoing it on wash day. Hopefully by the end of April I will have some increased length to allow me to wear a different style. I will be doing my hair twice a week Wednesday/Sunday or Thursday/Monday for now.

It looks thick and full. I like it faith. You have a good plan!

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
:clap:So, I tugged a strand of my hair today(super fro) and it looks like it is almost past EL. Maybe I will reach SL after all....yay

hnntrr

My nape is the longest its ever been and has been the first to hit collar bone length. Super excited :D My nape hairs are going to be ON POINT.

Wenbev

chugging away and still learning things about my hair after 7 years natural go figure.

My hair nets the absolute best twistouts if done on soaking wet hair. Done it three times now and results are the same.The twist out holds definition longer as well. Funny it even retains better moisture. I twisted on Sunday after my henna, been rocking a twistout since Tuesday morning and have not needed to apply any product to my hair since Sunday nor have I retwisted. I just tie it up in a scarf turban style, fluff and go in the morning.:grin: