SL 2014

It is certainly growing up in these crochets. I was afraid because I braided pretty tight but now I can stick the tip of my finger up under the cornrow. Wht's funny is the crown is tighter still than the nape. So it's not just breakage that keeps my crown short but it really does grow slower than the rest of my hair.

No more massages thogh. That was causing damage. Will have to figure out what to do with it when I'm sick of PSing all the time (I do miss my hair).

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];19802473]faithVA how long was the ship time for NO?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

It probably takes her 3 to 4 days to ship. It's hard to say because of the snow days we have had. I seem to keep ordering right before a snow storm :ohwell: I think I got my last package in 7 days but I am in the same state.

My hair grows so slow! I tried to put my hair up in a bun. I don't want to use heat and it was a fail. I think I am going to buy curl formers this weekend.

Haven't posted in a while. I think I'm experiencing a spurt. My hair feels 8 weeks post but it's only been 5. Idk if this is due to my lack of heat use on my hair and roots. It's been steady sailing thus far. I haven't been to a salon since my relaxer touch up in Feb so I'm hoping to hold out until late April when I'll be 8+ weeks post.

I'm trying to stretch to 12 weeks if I can. I am also trying to finally reach SL since I trimmed 3 inches over the last 12 months, I want to just dust when needed and retain retain retain!!

I had to cut about two inches off my hair. My dead ends where so bad that I couldn't even curl them! Looks like I won't be making shoulder length till November :(

I had to cut about two inches off my hair. My dead ends where so bad that I couldn't even curl them! Looks like I won't be making shoulder length till November :(

Are you going to stop dyeing your hair? Being relaxed and dyed and using heat? The trifecta.

I don't know what you mean by dead ends. You must mean severe heat and chemically damaged ends. Fried. 2 inches is a lot of hair. I hope you lay off the heat at least or you will keep having to cut off your hair.

I hope you have a good regimen and are using products for severely damaged hair. There are no shortcuts when trying to grow out hair that has been relaxed, dyed several times and heat damaged. You will have to do more to your hair to save it than you would have being natural.

Are you going to stop dyeing your hair? Being relaxed and dyed and using heat? The trifecta. I don't know what you mean by dead ends. You must mean severe heat and chemically damaged ends. Fried. 2 inches is a lot of hair. I hope you lay off the heat at least or you will keep having to cut off your hair. I hope you have a good regimen and are using products for severely damaged hair. There are no shortcuts when trying to grow out hair that has been relaxed, dyed several times and heat damaged. You will have to do more to your hair to save it than you would have being natural. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Sorry I didn't means dead ends I did mean fried/severely damaged ends. Yup no more dying and no more heat and no more relaxing. Idk what my problem is. Thinking I can relax my hair and not have the same outcome over and over. Hopefully I learned my lesson.
My hair is not bone straight so I am just wearing a wash and go for now. It's not pretty but it will stay healthy. Since my big thing is length I'll just keep growing my hair for a year and a half or so then BC.

I am switching over to rollersetting. I wasn't able to keep my hair moisturized in twists for whatever reason and my ends ending up splitting even if I moisturized and sealed.

My hair seems to like rollersetting. It is soft and it stays moisturized longer. I moisturized and sealed last night and then used satin rollers and my hair is nice and curly today and my moisture and softness levels are at least an 8 out of 10.

Soon as I get this phone to send pics I will post. Will definitely post for our March check in.

Sorry I didn't means dead ends I did mean fried/severely damaged ends. Yup no more dying and no more heat and no more relaxing. Idk what my problem is. Thinking I can relax my hair and not have the same outcome over and over. Hopefully I learned my lesson.
My hair is not bone straight so I am just wearing a wash and go for now. It's not pretty but it will stay healthy. Since my big thing is length I'll just keep growing my hair for a year and a half or so then BC.

Maybe you should try mini-chops?

What protein treatment are you using?

I couldn't crop it but this is my hair this morning. No real growth but I think it is healthier than a few months ago.

IMG_20140324_090107412.jpg

Here's my early length check. I did a side by side from my original submission in december after a major cut. This time around, the hairdresser only timmed about a half inch after my press. I do see more fullness and some length more to the front so I guess I'm doing something right. AND I had far less split ends from my last visit. I am thinking that I may be in the SL 2015 at the rate I am growing tho. We'll see what happens.

Attachments

• 1214 and 313 hair comparison.JPG
    1214 and 313 hair comparison.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Here's my early length check. I did a side by side from my original submission in december after a major cut. This time around, the hairdresser only timmed about a half inch after my press. I do see more fullness and some length more to the front so I guess I'm doing something right. AND I had far less split ends from my last visit. I am thinking that I may be in the SL 2015 at the rate I am growing tho. We'll see what happens.

Definitely see the length and fullness. I agree it looks like your front grows faster than your back. But it will catch up :yep:

I cant believe after all these years I am back in the hair growth section. :nono:

This undercut was not a good idea.

JazzyOle[USER=317281 said:
JazzyOleBabe[/USER]Babe;19847349]faithVA
Girl your hair looks healthy and thick. Good job. Keep on doing whatever you are doing.

Thank you. I'm trying to work something.

Haven't seen you around much lately.

Went and got a trim yesterday. My stylist says my hair is so much softer since I switched products. Also this time she flat ironed it, it was still soft and it smoothed out easier. Even my ends were acting right! Score lol. The first photos are from yesterday. The other is from 2 or 3 months ago. I have my hair a little different in the old one.

Attachments

• image-2279830995.jpg
    image-2279830995.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3150484055.jpg
    image-3150484055.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image-3818872922.jpg
    image-3818872922.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 38
Currently in a weave. I will do a length check the first week of June when I take this hair out! I hope to be SL then and finally out of this challenge!! I should get another inch or so by then. I'm currently 6 weeks post so I already have half an inch of new growth before I weaved up.

2 inches to SL. 4 inches to APL!

faithVA! It is looking thick thick thick! OMG! Good job. I think the teas are agreeing with you :yep:

Thank You! I didn't think my hair was thick until I went to get it rollerset and she said, You have a lot of hair :look:. I'm glad it is thick though :yep: But it takes FOREVER to do :lol: My hair likes acv and teas. Go figure. Skipping shampoo has definitely saved my hair. I may try a very diluted one for my scalp next week after I oil down my hair.

[USER=393677 said:
iVR[/USER];19861719]Went and got a trim yesterday. My stylist says my hair is so much softer since I switched products. Also this time she flat ironed it, it was still soft and it smoothed out easier. Even my ends were acting right! Score lol. The first photos are from yesterday. The other is from 2 or 3 months ago. I have my hair a little different in the old one.

What products are you using?

It's wash day for me. I wanted to be finished by 10 but that's not going to happen. I will post my end of March pictures Monday or Tuesday.

Ohhhh it's time for LC? Oh dear... Will figure out how I will try and do that

Oan, I did a rhassoul clay wash, first time just that cut with some cheapie V05. This twist out is poppin'! Might be the little extra length too.

Here's my March LC...it's not an official one as I did not str8en but it will do since I don't plan to str8en until June. I haven't noticed an increase in growth but I have noticed more fullness.

image-1082033908.jpg

Back