Silky Secrets: Share Yours!

itismehmmkay

For me....

I wash nightly w/ Suave Humetress shampoo and conditioner. Then, I rollerset with water and airdry overnight.

That's it.

I don't think it's the products, but rather, the lack of that has given me the softest hair ever! I have a blow dried effect in the morning that moves even w/ a head tilt.

;) now that's hot!

sunshinebeautiful

For me it's rinsing with oil. I apply oil to freshly washed hair, rinse under hot water, then apply the conditioner du jour and rinse under cold water. My hair is softer, resists breakage, and retains moisture better. It feels very smooth and silky w/o being oily or greasy.

I might try this. Why the oil before the conditioner though? Won't it seal out moisture?

gymfreak336

Deep conditioning with ors replenishing pack or pantene breakage defense mask always gives me silky hair.

Rollersets help regardless of the products I use.

DivaRox

For me....

I wash nightly w/ Suave Humetress shampoo and conditioner. Then, I rollerset with water and airdry overnight.

That's it.

I don't think it's the products, but rather, the lack of that has given me the softest hair ever! I have a blow dried effect in the morning that moves even w/ a head tilt.

;) now that's hot!

Hmm- interesting... Quick questions:How long does it take for your hair to dry and are you using large rollers?

The main common denominator seems to be Lacio Lacio:yep:

itismehmmkay

Hmm- interesting... Quick questions:How long does it take for your hair to dry and are you using large rollers?

The main common denominator seems to be Lacio Lacio:yep:

Hey, Diva :wave:

I usually wash my hair in the shower/bath. I notice that if I have my hair rolled by 10:30p, I'm good. I usually wake up around 6:30a, so that's about 8 hours of airdrying. Because of this, I don't even try washing my hair during the day. It does take about 25min or so to rollerset, but sooo worth it for consistently great hair that just needs a comb through in the morning. :yep: Especially, when I have easily spent 25min in the morning trying to find a decent hair style for the day.

ETA: I use the pink size rollers for my crown and the green rollers for the rest of my hair. I have about an ear-length bob going on. ;)

DivaRox

Using the Pibbs my hair dries in well under an hour.

WOW-under an hour??!! Thank you-I've been wanting to get the pibbs, at least for my dd's to use. I'm in braids and I get so anxious for new products reading these threads but I'm gonna be well prepared when I get done with this stage(hiding and protecting):yep:

I was hoping itismehmmkay would chime in since she airdries though

jade998

Carefree gets my airdried hair silky ( but thats just for reg. buns or wearing it naturally dried straight)

I dont know how to get straight flatironed/wrapped/rolled hair moisturizied and silky but still bouncy/swingy either

So bump

Which Carefree is this, cause I am looking more for airdried silky rather than rollersetting - Lacio Lacio just went on my next to buy list!!!!!!!

DivaRox

hey girly (Diva): I must have posted my message 1 second before yours. Check it above and let me know what you think :up:

Ooops! Sorry girl-I must have been posting while sleepy that night:yawn:-I sure missed both of your replies. Thanks for the info. Update-I have since ordered a Pibbs(still waiting for it to arrive) and gotten the Lacio Lacio.

I took my braids out and am currently experimenting with airdrying. I'm not sure-actually I'm pretty positive me and sleeping in rollers will be a bad idea. But I can get by with airdrying my hair after applying the Lacio Lacio and putting small curly rods on the ends after braiding it in several sections. I experimented with an airdried braidout yesterday using Hydra tlc and sealing with end all and the results were soft and silky. I'm anxious to see the results of the Lacio Lacio tomorrow.

DivaRox

^^^^Dang kittenxx your James Brown avatar scrolled down and scared me for a hot second-I was like somebody needs a dc baddddddd:lachen:

Is that goldwells a leave in or rinse out?

Neroli

Four words: apple...cider...vinegar...rinse!!!

This stuff is great! You just put one tablespoon of acv in one cup of water and use it after shampooing. My acv is infused with herbs that are good for the hair, but plain acv works just as well.

I shampoo my hair and on the final rinse, I use cold water (as cold as I can stand it). I wring the excess water from my hair then pour the cup of acv/water over my entire head. (When I wash my hair over the sink and not in the shower, I actually catch the mixture in a plastic bowl and repeat pouring it over my head about three times). I DON'T RINSE IT OUT! I just wring out the excess then rollerset my hair. The slight vinegar smell goes away COMPLETELY by the time my hair is dry.

Anyway, my hair comes out soooo soft and silky. I don't even use conditioner anymore (just my once a month aphogee treatment and immediately after a touchup). I just shampoo and follow with the acv/water. But the rinse works just as well after conditioning.

Yep, Yep. Cones and serums and oils and products may make hair "feel" silky, but TRUE silkiness comes from having the cuticles on each strand of hair laying down flat, like the scales on a fish. ACV or anything with with low pH of like 4.5 will help close cuticles. Your recipe sounds great!

I just did a review of fermodyl 619 on another thread and I love it because it has 4.5 pH and loaded with moisturizers, it has no cones and no proteins. After wash, squeeze hair dry and apply 619 thru out (do not rinse!) then proceed with leave ins and oils. My hair has been so SILKY SMOOTH and is retaining moisture and shine.

I've been slacking on ACV and 619 has reminded me of how smooth and silky ACV leaves my hair. Hmmmm, may have to revisit ACV rinses cuz cheaper than buying 619, especially if infused ACV with hair herbs . . .

DivaRox

Yep, Yep. Cones and serums and oils and products may make hair "feel" silky, but TRUE silkiness comes from having the cuticles on each strand of hair laying down flat, like the scales on a fish. ACV or anything with with low pH of like 4.5 will help close cuticles. Your recipe sounds great!

I just did a review of fermodyl 619 on another thread and I love it because it has 4.5 pH and loaded with moisturizers, it has no cones and no proteins. After wash, squeeze hair dry and apply 619 thru out (do not rinse!) then proceed with leave ins and oils. My hair has been so SILKY SMOOTH and is retaining moisture and shine.

I've been slacking on ACV and 619 has reminded me of how smooth and silky ACV leaves my hair. Hmmmm, may have to revisit ACV rinses cuz cheaper than buying 619, especially if infused ACV with hair herbs . . .

Good to know the reasoning behind this :up:

Leslie_C

How would you go about infusing ACV with herbs and what herbs would be good to use? I have an image of little pieves of stuff getting stuck in your hair (like motions CPR).....

Neroli

How would you go about infusing ACV with herbs and what herbs would be good to use? I have an image of little pieves of stuff getting stuck in your hair (like motions CPR).....

I haven't done it yet, I've only used ACV + distilled water in the past. But, I can see adding drops of rosemary or ylang ylang (2 oils I already have and use by putting few drops in my leave-ins and sealing oils). OR, I can see making a rosemary infusion by adding fresh rosemary (or other fresh herb of choice) in boiling water and let water cool, then use a strainer or cheesecloth to remove leaves and twigs and use the cool "rosemary water" to mix with ACV: For example teaspoon of ACV in one cup of the rosemary water. Something like that. . .

Last edited:

scorpian

I haven't done it yet, I've only used ACV + distilled water in the past. But, I can see adding drops of rosemary or ylang ylang (2 oils I already have and use by putting few drops in my leave-ins and sealing oils). OR, I can see making a rosemary infusion by adding fresh rosemary (or other fresh herb of choice) in boiling water and let water cool and use the cool "rosemary water" to mix with ACV: For example teaspoon of ACV in one cup of the rosemary water. Something like that. . .

This works well I've done it..You can use essential oils like rosemary(not for people with high blood pressure,seizures,pregnant),sage,basil,and or burdock.
Also Braggs ACV is the best one that I've used you can get it at health food stores

Last edited:

LABETT

I use Silicon Mix conditioner mixed with Alfaparaf Essential Shine Oil (blue vial).Provides amazing slip.
I followup with Lacio Lacio Leave-in conditioner and Alfaparaf Semi-Di-Lino Crystal Shine Serum.

MadisonK

Hi,

Can lacio lacio be bought anywhere but online? After reading all the good comments, I want to buy some NOW! :lick:

ajoyfuljoy

Four words: apple...cider...vinegar...rinse!!!

This stuff is great! You just put one tablespoon of acv in one cup of water and use it after shampooing. My acv is infused with herbs that are good for the hair, but plain acv works just as well.

I shampoo my hair and on the final rinse, I use cold water (as cold as I can stand it). I wring the excess water from my hair then pour the cup of acv/water over my entire head. (When I wash my hair over the sink and not in the shower, I actually catch the mixture in a plastic bowl and repeat pouring it over my head about three times). I DON'T RINSE IT OUT! I just wring out the excess then rollerset my hair. The slight vinegar smell goes away COMPLETELY by the time my hair is dry.

Anyway, my hair comes out soooo soft and silky. I don't even use conditioner anymore (just my once a month aphogee treatment and immediately after a touchup). I just shampoo and follow with the acv/water. But the rinse works just as well after conditioning.

I started doing this two weeks ago and the difference in my hair has been amazing! Thanks so much for this tip.

shadylane21

O.K. I feel like a true PJ even though I just started on this board! this darn L.L. has to be mine:woot:So I just orderded it and cant wait to get it:drunk:. I am now using the following.

mizani rose h2o when I wrap at night alt with bio infusion olive oil
evoo on the ends nightly
I also alt between oiling my scalp with a mizani oil and I just brought some aphogee essential oil at sallys along with some other aphogee products(because of this board:grin:)and also some humectress. The aphogee oil is great I used it tonight and it smells absolutly delicious!

pistachio

CHI Silk Infusion, rollersets, blowdrying with cool air, "saran wrap" wraps. If I follow up with a flat-iron, then it's as straight as some "silky weave hair" lol. My boss was amazed at my hair the other day. He thought it was fake, not because of the length, but because of the texture. He's never seen relaxed 4a/b hair be THAT silky.