Silk Amino Acids...how are you using it and how is it working?

cocoagirl

So can SAA be used in moisturing conditioners safely? Would it be the equivalent of adding protein to your moist. condish? If I am trying to avoid protein overload, should I NOT add it to my leave in?

alexstin

I use it in my moisturizing condish with no problems. I've never tried it in my leave in as that has light protein in it already. I love this stuff!!

LaidBak

I put some in my masacara just for the heck of it. But I don't understand how its supposed to make lashes longer. I mean SAA is just supposed to protect and strengthen, not stimulate growth, right?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've mixed it in my Avacado, Yogurt, Honey, Pre-Poo Mixture (when I use to 'Poo) I've also added a coupla' drops to my DC's along with drop or two of Honeyquat and/or Hydrolzed Wheat Protein for an extra Kick.:yep:

I did put SAA on my Previous Relaxed Ends prior to relaxing for extra Stength and Protection.

Will have to try it in Relaxer as well. Either the SAA or the Protein Filler. Still Toying around with the best usage for that one too.:scratchch

deusa80

I put some in my masacara just for the heck of it. But I don't understand how its supposed to make lashes longer. I mean SAA is just supposed to protect and strengthen, not stimulate growth, right?

I've been using my mascara with SAA in it for a few weeks now. I can notice some difference in the length of my lashes...but I don't think the SAA stimulates growth. I think you're right, it's just supposed to protect and strenghten...it helps you retain the length of your lashes. That's my understanding of it...

Ronnieaj

I want you to all know, y'all ain't right!!! :lachen::lachen: I have a bottle of this and was looking for ways to use it, and lo and behold, this thread popped back up! I've been adding it to my DCs with great success, but I'm about to add some to my Lacio Lacio for my rollerset next week. Thank you Sareca for giving the effective percentage, cuz lord knows I'm heavy-handed and I don't wanna waste product. I'm really loving this, though, after having read this ENTIRE thread, I clearly have other products to get in on...:look:!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
http://www.jajagroup.com/HBADivision/silk_protein.shtml

Silk protein also known as silk peptide

Is from the center of the silk worm yarn. After special technical processing the center becomes silk protein.

Apply Silk Protein to Skin

This product is dissolvable silk protein. It can be absorbed directly by the human skin. It can combine with the skin cell to revitalize the skin. It is the most advanced unique nutritive material for skin and hair products in the current international market.

Silk protein is a natural moisturizer and adjusts the moisture in the skin to maximum benefit. It can make the skin cutin and keep rich moisture to make the skin more elastic. It also can effectively control growth of melanin in the skin. So it has fantastically good results for skin beautification.

Apply silk protein to hair

After silk protein on the hair dries, it becomes a transparent crystalline protective film. This film can directly prevent the hair being damaged by alkaline materials in hair products. This protective film can increase the hair elasticity and increase the hair’s natural shine. It has a very special protective function in hair products.

What is "cutin"?:grin:

makeupvixen

I KNOW that some ladies got empty mascara containers - I assume to do the castor oil & SAA with - but I don't know where they got them from....

I'm at work right now and just started reading this post this morning from the begining. I am somewhat of a transitioner, haven't relaxed my hair in 7 years but I started making my own home products and going natural since 9-9-9. (type 4a hair, chin length when started).

Of course I'm a PJ and by the 4th page of this thread I had placed my order for SAA, lol. I'm going to add it to my almost empty bottle of Bad Gal Lash Mascara by Benefit (I don't care for it and I let it dry out from lack of use). I will dip my wand in Black Jamacian Castor Oil and add a few drops of SAA when it comes in the mail. I will report back. (I'm a makeup artist for MAC, who's mascara sucks).:perplexed I also want to add this SAA to some brow gel to help my clients with thin eyebrows, hope this will help them grow thicker like Ms Kim Khardashian.

I have my own DC cream that I made and it works great but I want to loosen my curls so I figured that SAA would help me with that and help me to get to my goal length ASAP, to date I'm at below shoulder length, yup almost 5 inches in 3 months. Once I have done this for a while I want to let my friends try it out.

I also want to add the SAA to my spray (Rosewater and Aloe Vera Juice, dash of avacado oil) to see how it works.

My credit card is now smoking and I know PayPal must think I have lost my mind, lol. I had to go put my wallet in the car to stop from ordering the other products mentioned on this site. I'm at page 21 trying to finish reading this thread by lunch time, lol.

Thanks ladies for such wonderful suggestions and inspiration.:yep:

Last edited:

blackindia07

Hey all...thanx so much for the info! You know I placed my order 5 minutes ago! Quick question though...I find my hair does not like protein (i.e. egg or chi keratin spray). Now Im wondering since SAA is a protein...will it have a similar reaction and get hard??? Lil help here!?!?!?!?

tallnomad

BlackIndia--I have issues with protein too, but so far, not with the silk amino acids. From what I've gathered from reading the threads dealing with silk aminos/silk protein, the general consensus is that most people have no adverse reactions, i.e. hard hair.

I LOVE silk amino acids. Just got a new big batch yesterday that should last me for some time. They are seriously my baby's daddy! I LOVE how my hair looks and feels with them.

My hair is very silky and uber moisturized. I mixed SAAs in some conditioner I used to twist my hair and then I mix it into jojoba oil to seal.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Hey all...thanx so much for the info! You know I placed my order 5 minutes ago! Quick question though...I find my hair does not like protein (i.e. egg or chi keratin spray). Now Im wondering since SAA is a protein...will it have a similar reaction and get hard??? Lil help here!?!?!?!?

I placed my order this morning and they've already shipped it. Not even a chance to change my mind :rolleyes:
Is yours on the way yet?

I have a feeling that my hair and skin will love this. I'd also like to treat my mom with a nice expensive (lol) deep condition experience. I love circumventing commercial products!

stelladata

I used this a lot when I was 'sprucing' up my vo5 conditioners , I heard it was great if you wanted to prepare a leave in type of conditioner and I can testify to that, my hair was always nice and soft to the touch and I use to be a gel fiend, i didnt have to put much gel. I dont use it as much anymore, plus after having it for about 3 years now it has since dried out and turned into rock.... lmao.... like cement or something...hmm thanks for reminding me, i might add it to my conditioners again.