SICK OF MY HAIR!!!!!

gabulldawg

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to post this type of thread, and I probably won't be the last. I am becomming DEEPLY frustrated with my hair!!!! I am currently 8 weeks post relaxer (working on a 12 week stretch) and I don't know what else to do with my hair!! My roots are extra thick. I've mostly been doing twist-outs or straightening my hair with heat (I know that is a no-no but that's how desperate I've become!).

Tonight really took the cake. I decided that I was going to do my first sew-in weave by myself. BIG MISTAKE. I bought hair, a needle, thread, everything, only to find out that I couldn't do it! :wallbash: I was really looking forward to the break from my hair. Now my hair is in one big hair ball of MESS!!! I'm so sick of it that I am considering cutting it. Even my SO has given his "blessing" :)rolleyes:) to allow me to cut it because he says that he's sick of me fussing about my hair all of the time! :perplexed

Does ANYONE have ANY suggestions for what else I could do to my hair??? I've tried twist-outs, straightening, phony ponies, wigs, buns, etc. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

wheezy807

Quite honestly i just moisture it, bun and do the scalf method. I normally stretch 12weeks. Or you could do a rollerset to camflouge the ng. Wish i could be more help. Best wishes!

Traycee

Girl if the stretch is going that bad ....Just relax it and keep it pushin'.........I don't have the patience to stretch....
Its just to much work.......I say relax over cutting.

gabulldawg

Girl if the stretch is going that bad ....Just relax it and keep it pushin'.........I don't have the patience to stretch....
Its just to much work.......I say relax over cutting.

Maybe you're right. I should consider getting a relaxer sooner than scheduled. The only problem is that I am trying to wait to relax my hair for a wedding that I'm going to in March...

Saida

I know exactly how you feel :nono: im 19 weeks post now, and I just got some cornrows in to kind of get rid of doing my hair :ohwell: I have had them in for a week now, and I feel like taking them out, I might just get them redone again, because this has really helped me out :)

Traycee

I know exactly how you feel :nono: im 19 weeks post now, and I just got some cornrows in to kind of get rid of doing my hair :ohwell: I have had them in for a week now, and I feel like taking them out, I might just get them redone again, because this has really helped me out :)

This is a great suggestion if your trying to stretch till that wedding.......

DivaRox

I was thinking braids or cornrows as well GABD-if I leave my hair down too long I get so anxious with it and end up losing hair from constantly styling, restyling and fighting newgrowth when I could just leave it alone. I put a set in last week and I've calmed my nerves a bit and haven't lost one bit of hair-LOL It's the only way I can stretch

Or try tree braids which is sorta the best of weave and cornrows:yep:

_belle

you hair is way longer than mine, but my new growth is kinda intense right now, so hair pins, rollersets, & headbands have been saving my life. I usually rollerset so that I have"tight" curls, then I play with the curls, usually twist them up or something, and put a bunch of hairpins in and call it an updo, then slap on a headband (the thin ones are more my style). :lachen:it doesn't rub the collars of my shirts/coats and I don't have to worry about puttin heat on my new growth, it's covered by the updo in the middle and covered by the headband in the front.

gabulldawg

I suggest two things: hiding you hair with braids or wigs or just go ahead and relax it. DON'T CUT IT!!!!!

I actually think that I will break out my trusty wig when I get home tomorrow and just wear that for a while. I can braid it up under the wig and keep the braids in for at least a week.

gabulldawg

you hair is way longer than mine, but my new growth is kinda intense right now, so hair pins, rollersets, & headbands have been saving my life. I usually rollerset so that I have"tight" curls, then I play with the curls, usually twist them up or something, and put a bunch of hairpins in and call it an updo, then slap on a headband (the thin ones are more my style). :lachen:it doesn't rub the collars of my shirts/coats and I don't have to worry about puttin heat on my new growth, it's covered by the updo in the middle and covered by the headband in the front.

Those styles sound really cute!!! Do you have any pics of them?

guudhair

What about trying a Dominican Blow-out?...you wouldn't have to relax or cut and it will still give you a little break from doing your hair.

bellebebe

Girl, that's why I got a weave last week lol. I'm giving myself and my hair a break lol. I'm still taking care of it though.

janeemat

I agree with the other poster. Just rollerset to hide the ng. You have nice length and thickness, so it should be rather easy. Or you can always get a rod set. That definintely camaflouges the ng. One thing that I've learned from me stretching is that my hair will NOT look like freshly relaxed hair. I've learn to work with it and embrace my natural hair during my stretches. I'm 12wks post now and I'm loving my hair. My rollerset today is soft, bouncy and shiney. I'm just going to stretch until I can't go any longer.

Lovelylocs

I don't know if I would go to a Dominican salon w/all of that new growth. They aren't always careful when dealing w/naps. You might lose some hair.

*KP*

I'm almost 6 months into a stretch, I've tried...

rollersets
mizani thermasmooth
braids (extensions)
weaves (twice)
cornrows (extensions)
braidouts
phony pony
half wig
mizani thermasmooth

and now i've settled with a regular bun/pony tail

I must admit, I've used heat to straighten my roots but not very often and I always use a heat protectant.

I'm just about fed up though, Even though my aim wasn't to transition or even to stretch this long, I'm trying to decide whether to BC or relax.

4 weeks isn't too much longer to stretch, maybe braids/cornrows for a few weeks will help you to forget about dealing with your hair for a few weeks?