Sick of my hair!!

Dogmd

Ok... maybe pregnancy hormones are kicking in... But I am sooo sick of my hair. I am so sick of how LONG it takes me to do it. I am soo sick of how LONG I have to wait to have someone else do it. I am soo sick of looking like I am 12 years old with my hair in a ponytail. I am sick of wrapping it up at night. I am sick of worrying about which products to use and which to steer clear of. I am sick of Chemicals!!! I am sick of having to decide if I workout at the gym based upon when my hair is getting done!!!

I just want to be free of all of this sometimes. To be able to walk around like the white girls and have fresh, sexy, silky hair in 10 minutes every morning would be nice instead of this thick matted mess on top of my head. I did my hair 4 nights ago and sweat it out after 1 night pregnant with the new baby.

Just had to VENT!! Thanks for listening!!

hey, we all get a lil down about our hair. Venting is good, especially since it feels good to get it off your chest!:lol: Why don't you have someone put your hair in a nice braid style so u don't have to handle for a while? I'm not the best person for hair advice, but whatever you decide to do, we got yr back.:)

I know what its like to be frustrated about something that just isn't going right.

I'm sorry that u are having such a struggle...maybe braids will be more helpful for u right now so that way u don't have to worry about doing nything with your hair but conditioning it and moisterizing it.

It's going to be alright...this too shall pass.

Take care, ok?

Trust me, another pregnant mom checking in - I was sick of my hair too and cut it all off down to 1 inch. Growing it back now and it is all good. It's only hair - it grows back.

Dogmd said:
I just want to be free of all of this sometimes. To be able to walk around like the white girls and have fresh, sexy, silky hair in 10 minutes every morning would be nice instead of this thick matted mess on top of my head.

Girl, I feel you. I try to step away from my hair when I'm angry. Otherwise I might do something I'll regret...

Dogmd said:
Ok... maybe pregnancy hormones are kicking in... But I am sooo sick of my hair. I am so sick of how LONG it takes me to do it. I am soo sick of how LONG I have to wait to have someone else do it. I am soo sick of looking like I am 12 years old with my hair in a ponytail. I am sick of wrapping it up at night. I am sick of worrying about which products to use and which to steer clear of. I am sick of Chemicals!!! I am sick of having to decide if I workout at the gym based upon when my hair is getting done!!!

I just want to be free of all of this sometimes. To be able to walk around like the white girls and have fresh, sexy, silky hair in 10 minutes every morning would be nice instead of this thick matted mess on top of my head. I did my hair 4 nights ago and sweat it out after 1 night pregnant with the new baby.

Just had to VENT!! Thanks for listening!!

I totally get understand. I used to feel this way a lot when I had my matting problems. Just remember that you have gorgeous hair with BODY that those other girls would KILL for! :yep:

Thanks you alll.. I did feel better after venting..

I was thinking about braids, but they take sooo long to put in ( I have a big head). Curlee Dst- I did think about cutting it all off, but then my daughter might not recognize me and my newborn would have to look at a bald mom. SO then I decided to go back to using heat for a while. I got an ionic hair dryer...so it only took me 15 minutes to blow my hair straight after airdrying a bit. I bumped it with the ceramic curling iron and I am beter now.

We shall see how long it lasts!!! Pregancy makes my hair so thick, I am probably going to have to relax every 8 weeks otherwise I may have another meltdown!!

Thanks again everyone!!

I know exactly how you feel. I actually felt it this morning when I realized that I have so much to do today and that I need to also fit in time to do my hair. I was out in the rain lastnight, too. My hair swelled up like crazy. My BF told me lastnight that he likes playing with the NG, or "underbrush" as he called it. Cute, but meanwhile, it takes me SO long and I lose so much hair trying to detangle and manage it at every wash. It really is a pain. But, then I think about how thankful I am that my hair grows well and that I don't have any hair issues that some people have like alopecia, dryness, etc. It helps me bite the bullet and go ahead and get over it. But, still I wish that I did not have to PLAN time to do my hair when I would really rather be out enjoying the weather. I mean, this will be 2-3 hours out of my day today. It sucks!

Back